Hoang_Phuong

Just Met My Fiance,,

51 posts in this topic

Thanks guys,, We are going to go by the rules in the book. Get married within the 90 days of the K1 visa (Lets hope it will go smooth). I'm also going to be hiring a lawyer who can help me throughout the process. Make sure I don't make any mistakes. I'd rather pay the money for someone who is experienced and save time, than trying to figure this out myself. We want her over here ASAP. I know it'll be a long and "infernal" process. but we are both commited to doing so.

You probably don't need a lawyer.

Sydney will be nice to deal with. Most people on these forums will be extremely conservative with their advice, but keep in mind most of these people have fiances from non English speaking less developed countries. Most of the Visa-waiver countries are very easy to deal with, because there is very little visa fraud from them.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Thanks guys,, We are going to go by the rules in the book. Get married within the 90 days of the K1 visa (Lets hope it will go smooth). I'm also going to be hiring a lawyer who can help me throughout the process. Make sure I don't make any mistakes. I'd rather pay the money for someone who is experienced and save time, than trying to figure this out myself. We want her over here ASAP. I know it'll be a long and "infernal" process. but we are both commited to doing so.

You probably don't need a lawyer.

Sydney will be nice to deal with. Most people on these forums will be extremely conservative with their advice, but keep in mind most of these people have fiances from non English speaking less developed countries. Most of the Visa-waiver countries are very easy to deal with, because there is very little visa fraud from them.

Ditto the above

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question. I petitioned for my fiance from the Philippines on a fiance visa. We arrived here in Texas on April 15, 2008, and were married April 18, 2008. By the 1st year anniversary, she decided to leave me because we would have arguements. She has left and is with her oldest sister in Arizona. Right now her case is in Adjustment of Status. It was in deportation court because we traveled to California to see other family members in the summer. We were detained at the Border Patrol in El Paso due to not having filed a Conditional Resident Application, which Catholic Services didn’t advise us we had to do. We just recently (January) got out of the deportation proceedings. And the judge transferred the case back to Adjustment of Status court. My question is: WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW MY SPONSORSHIP? I don’t what she is doing, and she hardly answers the phone when I call her. Can you please help me. Please email me at txheartbreaker2000@hotmail.com also if you can. Thanks.

I have a question. I petitioned for my fiance from the Philippines on a fiance visa. We arrived here in Texas on April 15, 2008, and were married April 18, 2008. By the 1st year anniversary, she decided to leave me because we would have arguements. She has left and is with her oldest sister in Arizona. Right now her case is in Adjustment of Status. It was in deportation court because we traveled to California to see other family members in the summer. We were detained at the Border Patrol in El Paso due to not having filed a Conditional Resident Application, which Catholic Services didn’t advise us we had to do. We just recently (January) got out of the deportation proceedings. And the judge transferred the case back to Adjustment of Status court. My question is: WHAT HAPPENS IF I WITHDRAW MY SPONSORSHIP? I don’t what she is doing, and she hardly answers the phone when I call her. Can you please help me. Please email me at txheartbreaker2000@hotmail.com also if you can. Thanks.

You should really start a new thread and not hijack this one.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

COME ON SOMEONE I NEED SOME TYPE OF HELP HERE. PLEASE.

Hi-jacking a thread means you post a question in someone elses thread and take over the thread. It is very rude and uncool. As I have stated already in the 2-3 threads you have hi-jacked, withdraw your AOS and move on.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

COME ON SOMEONE I NEED SOME TYPE OF HELP HERE. PLEASE.

Hi-jacking a thread means you post a question in someone elses thread and take over the thread. It is very rude and uncool. As I have stated already in the 2-3 threads you have hi-jacked, withdraw your AOS and move on.

at the top and bottom of the page you will see, NEW TOPIC click on that. then you can give your topic a title. you will get better results....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hire a lawyer to save time???? no IT WILL SLOW YOU DOWN!!!

THAT'S NOT REALLY TRUE!

That is 100% true. You have to send all the paperwork to the attorney and then they attorney files it with USCIS. So just by the nature of the USPS, it is impossible for a lawyer to speed up the process.

Also, you have to pay them up front, so they really have no incentive to do anything quickly.

I'll say this for the 50th time. If your case is straight-forward, an attorney WILL slow down your case.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
hire a lawyer to save time???? no IT WILL SLOW YOU DOWN!!!

THAT'S NOT REALLY TRUE!

That is 100% true. You have to send all the paperwork to the attorney and then they attorney files it with USCIS. So just by the nature of the USPS, it is impossible for a lawyer to speed up the process.

Also, you have to pay them up front, so they really have no incentive to do anything quickly.

I'll say this for the 50th time. If your case is straight-forward, an attorney WILL slow down your case.

exactly

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

This site and others offer sooo many resources and there are many old timers here who are willing to help....save the coin for the attorney

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
This site and others offer sooo many resources and there are many old timers here who are willing to help....save the coin for the attorney

Bringing my old post back on topic.

I've read and read. Looks like I'm stuck with the Income Taxes. I have my tax returns, but I'm not sure if I reached the $18k level. (that's if it hasn't changed) Anyway, I can't even find good info on co-sponsering. Since I'm living with my parents, I'm sure my father will most likely agree to do co-sponser. If someone can nicely explain to me or point me at the right link to it.. it would be great help as I am going to fill out the paperwork soon. Once I figure out if the co-sponser will help. I also found a thread that explains you can combine income, both you and your "fiance". but I'm still stuck with information.

Thanks!

-Timi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I stumbled upon on the information. Looks like I will be getting a co-sponser and since my father owns a business. Most likely this will pass through. Yay! gonna start on my paper work now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.