21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

My wife had her interview today Tuesday 5 and her interview did not go through because the packet was sent back to the U.S. for administrative issues or something like that. I called the NVC and the NVC said that it got nothing to do with them and then I called USCIS and they said that they will review my documents once again and I should wait for response. What's going on?? they approved the case in the first place, sent it to NVC, NVC completed and we are here in this situation...BTW, its CR1 case.

If they approve it once again, means that we are going to have to go through the same process with the NVC once again??

Need help...

Johnny

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

16 NOVEMBER 2008: I-130 SENT

4 DECEMBER 2008: NOA1

12 FEBRUARY 2009: NOA2 APPROVED

PROCESING TIME: 70 DAYS

NVC

20 FEBRUARY 2009: NVC RECEIVED

24 MARCH 2009: CASE COMPLETED

PROCESSING TIME: 32 DAYS

Did they say "administrative processing" or "additional processing"?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

They said administrative

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im sorry to hear that. Admisinstrative processing(AP) is not a re adjudication of your files. It is usually additional background/name checks. There is no timeframe for it unfortunately. Women in AP is pretty rare actually. Hopefully it is swift. (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Im sorry to hear that. Admisinstrative processing(AP) is not a re adjudication of your files. It is usually additional background/name checks. There is no timeframe for it unfortunately. Women in AP is pretty rare actually. Hopefully it is swift. (F)

According to USCIS, the embassy was the one that kicked it back without my wife going with the interview. She waited for almost 1 hour and half and she had to get up and asked if they had her for interview and they said yes, but the case was sent back to USCIS. USCIS dont have information stating why it was kicked it back, USCIS told me to talk to the embassy to asked them what was the problem. Question: What you mean with "re adjudication".

Thanks for your response...

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

According to USCIS, the embassy was the one that kicked it back without my wife going with the interview. She waited for almost 1 hour and half and she had to get up and asked if they had her for interview and they said yes, but the case was sent back to USCIS. USCIS dont have information stating why it was kicked it back, USCIS told me to talk to the embassy to asked them what was the problem. Question: What you mean with "re adjudication".

Stop calling USCIS, they have no detailed knowledge of the status at this time...so whatever they tell you will be conjecture. Your wife's case is in Administrative Processing (AP) which as Y's h explained to you is a re-evaluation of your file...additional background checks, etc. While it is rare for women, it still occurs. Your file will not be sent to USCIS from Montevideo. It will be sent to NVC where additional checks will be performed. There is no timeline for this...it can take a week, to several months....after which the consulate will contact your wife and either re-interview her, issue the visa, or refuse to issue the visa.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

I'm not sure I'm following... so your wife went to her scheduled interview, but no interview took place? And they sent her file back to the U.S. without an interview? Is that correct?

I've never heard of that before (which isn't saying much, as I haven't heard of a lot of things...) I have no advice, but in any case, I'm sorry you're going through this! It must be awful. I wish you the best of luck in sorting things out.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Timeline

So, your wife wasnt interviewed at all? She was at the consulate waiting for her scheduled interview and when when she asked after waiting, they said basically..."we dont have your file, its been sent back to USCIS" ??

You may call NVC and ask if they have the file for AP.

I would also email or call the consulate and ask them very specifically what is going on. IE- "my wife wasnt allowed to interview and was told that our file was sent back to the US. Is there a problem with the case? What exactly is the reason why it was sent back to the US without an inerview?"

If they do not give you a clear answer, I would then call my congressman and ask them to shoot an email for an answer.

Im pretty confused by this and like another said, have never heard of someone being put on AP after the case has passed through NVC and WITHOUT the opportunity for an interview.

what i meant by "re adjudicate" is that USCIS initially adjudicates, (or processes) your petition for approval or denial. So, when your file is sent for AP it is not re processed persay. most of the time, AP is just background/name checks.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Johnny,

Is there anything that you can think of that may be "off" with your marriage cert's there or something to that effect? Im TOTALLY speculating, but perhaps something slipped through USCIS and NVC that caught the consulate's eye.

Sometimes docs make it through USCIS and NVC but when they reach the consulate(since they are more familiar with local docs), they see there is a problem. I have seen that happen, but they still have preformed the interview and explained the problem to the applicant.

Good luck an keep us posted

(F)

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. :(

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

My wife had her interview today Tuesday 5 and her interview did not go through because the packet was sent back to the U.S. for administrative issues or something like that. I called the NVC and the NVC said that it got nothing to do with them and then I called USCIS and they said that they will review my documents once again and I should wait for response. What's going on?? they approved the case in the first place, sent it to NVC, NVC completed and we are here in this situation...BTW, its CR1 case.

If they approve it once again, means that we are going to have to go through the same process with the NVC once again??

Need help...

Johnny

I suggest you get one of your senators to check on what's happening.

Something sure doesn't sound right. Doesn't sound good either.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Need help...

Johnny

Sorry to hear about your setback. But I am in the same boat as you. My case was sent back to USCIS and got no resposne from them for nearly two years. So I hired a lawyer, and they told me to refile the petition and start over again. But now I recieved a notice from USCIS saying that they are reopening the case. They originally sent it 10 days before I actually sent the 2nd packet, but I didn't ge it till today because they sent it to my old address.

I was told just like you to wait, but I called and called and sent letter after letter, and USCIS did nothing but ignore me. So I got a lawyer. I really don't know what the old case will do, I already have a NOA1 for the new case. MY advise is to seek a lawyer. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT 2 YEARS LIKE I DID WAITING FOR THEM, IT IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you guys should do a "writ of mandamus".. I was under the so-called "security checks" back when I applied for the I-130..

submitted : April 2007

transferred to local office : Nov 2007

wrote hundreds of letters (haha, you can also read my signature below) : after transferring

wrote to President, who forwarded to Dept of Justice => FBI , they wrote letter back stating no security checks : March 2008

did lawsuit : July 2008

received approval : Sep 2008 (USCIS is forced to give decision within 60 days of lawsuit)

so basically the same thing all over again.. my lawyer said they will put an inquiry in, but we can do a lawsuit after 30 days, but preferrably after 90 days..

:devil: so I'm going to use the FBI letter again and knock them flat again.. :bonk:

Writ of Mandamus Info

================

http://www.visalaw.com/05feb3/2feb305.html

http://www.ailf.org/lac/pa/lac_pa_081505.pdf

http://www.ailf.org/lac/litclearinghouse.shtml

Some numbers to help you on your way :

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:WDn82...cd=55&gl=us

Edited by gogo

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.