Fre

Making copies of I-129F

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

"IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too."

In the guide on filing for k-1 it says this^. So does that mean having 2 extra copies on top of the package that I am planning to send in? Also a photo copy of the money order or an actual 2nd or even 3rd real MO... ty

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

yes, before you send in the petition make an extra copy, the reason for this is, just in case USCIS looses your petition, you'll have a back up copy to send in..

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
"IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too."

In the guide on filing for k-1 it says this^. So does that mean having 2 extra copies on top of the package that I am planning to send in? Also a photo copy of the money order or an actual 2nd or even 3rd real MO... ty

You will only send in one copy of the packet. The extras are for your record and in case they lose it. You should probably send a copy to your fiance, so she can have a copy for the interview. One real money order and 2 copies of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I do not believe the two copies are in case USCIS loses the first, as they may be inadmissible, since they are copies of signatures and not original signatures. One copy is usually sent to the beneficiary, so that he or she can become familiar with the information therein. The other is retained by the petitioner. It's best practice to make copies of most things that are submitted to anyone e.g. Pep Boys suggested I copy the receipt and rebate form before sending in the originals.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I do not believe the two copies are in case USCIS loses the first, as they may be inadmissible, since they are copies of signatures and not original signatures. One copy is usually sent to the beneficiary, so that he or she can become familiar with the information therein. The other is retained by the petitioner. It's best practice to make copies of most things that are submitted to anyone e.g. Pep Boys suggested I copy the receipt and rebate form before sending in the originals.

The copies ARE in case USCIS lost anything from your packet. This has happened more than a few times. If you read the guides on VJ you will find that they recommend copies of everything you send in your package. It is best that your SO has copies of everything as well. Especially if you will not be attending the interview with them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Two copies of everything plus the original makes three total. Only one MO. You send in the original set with the real MO when you first apply. You will send on of the complete copies to your fiance(e) prior to their interview. You will retain one complete copy just in case it is needed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Just follow the guides to the point and you'll be on the right track. I sent my petition last Thursday and I made 2 set of copies which are in a safe place. One I will send to my SO and one I will keep to myself just in case USCIS looses something.

PEACE and good luck in this journey.

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Two copies of everything plus the original makes three total. Only one MO. You send in the original set with the real MO when you first apply. You will send on of the complete copies to your fiance(e) prior to their interview. You will retain one complete copy just in case it is needed.

:thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

:thumbs:

The copy you keep IS NEEDED. You'll refer to it when you help your loved one complete later forms and you'll use it for reference. The copy you send to your loved one IS NEEDED for their reference and study as well as to assist in filling out later forms consistently.

One original and two photocopies. For good measure, I like to have Kinkos make a CD copy in PDF so I can load it on the laptop and have it with me for reference wherever I may travel during the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just sent in my I-129F package on April 17, 2009. I made two copies of the package plus I scanned the original and saved it as a PDF so I could reconstruct everything as it was originally. Then I have backup copies of the documents that need an original signature.

I sent a personal check and insured the package for the amount of the check and sent it USPS. When insuring the package then you automatically have access to the tracking and confirmation feature. It has been 6 days and so far USCIS has not picked up the package.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Wow..... Mine was received in Vermont the very next day. I sent mine on April 16.

PEACE................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Timeline
I just sent in my I-129F package on April 17, 2009. I made two copies of the package plus I scanned the original and saved it as a PDF so I could reconstruct everything as it was originally. Then I have backup copies of the documents that need an original signature.

I sent a personal check and insured the package for the amount of the check and sent it USPS. When insuring the package then you automatically have access to the tracking and confirmation feature. It has been 6 days and so far USCIS has not picked up the package.

Sounds like you did everything just right except you didn't use Priority Mail. There's no need to insure paperwork as it has no value. It costs very little to do "delivery confirmation".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

My fiance got me so confused right now. All this time I thought that a photocopy equals a copy. Now he's telling me that he can't make a photocopy of my G-325A and other documents that I sent to him because it's not going to be a copy but a photocopy. :wacko::blink:

What am I supposed to do now? Do it all over again and fill the G-325A again and keep it with me as a 'copy'??

Is photocopying all these documents OK???? :crying:

I know all I posted here may sound quite stupid, but oh well :(

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-10

Consulate Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-19

Interview Date : 2009-12-17 Approved!

##########################

Adjustment Of Status:

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2010-03-25

NOA Date : 2010-04-05

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-04-29

My fiance got me so confused right now. All this time I thought that a photocopy equals a copy. Now he's telling me that he can't make a photocopy of my G-325A and other documents that I sent to him because it's not going to be a copy but a photocopy. :wacko::blink:

What am I supposed to do now? Do it all over again and fill the G-325A again and keep it with me as a 'copy'??

Is photocopying all these documents OK???? :crying:

I know all I posted here may sound quite stupid, but oh well :(

Photocopy is all you need. He is probably thinking COPY exact as in Original Signatures on all the things you sign, this is not needed. Tell him it is ok to photocopy everything, the only things that need ORIGINAL SIGNATURES ARE THE ONES that get sent in to USCIS, now if the package gets lost you will have to resign others to resend but probably will not happen.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Timeline

The copies ARE in case USCIS lost anything from your packet. This has happened more than a few times. If you read the guides on VJ you will find that they recommend copies of everything you send in your package. It is best that your SO has copies of everything as well. Especially if you will not be attending the interview with them.

Certain documents must bear original signatures whether USCIS loses them or not, so copies of those do no good if USCIS loses them. One copy is for the Petitioner and one is for the beneficiary. There is ONE ORIGINAL packet and two copies of it. Yes, photocopy everything in the stack, twice before mailing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.