CaptainRubyHeart

What has your significant other taught you?

22 posts in this topic

It was 2004. I was 20 years old, in college (staying at my mom's house for the summer), and my then-boyfriend (now husband) Sean had flown down to visit me in Houston for the first time ever.

One of my close girlfriends invited us out to a night club to go dancing. Thinking this was a good opportunity to show Sean some Houstonian culture, I eagerly accepted the invitation, then scampered upstairs to put on a nice dress and do my hair and my makeup. However, because of a series of unforseen circumstances, we ended up not going out after all.

Sean could tell that I was really disappointed. He came over to cheer me up and told me that there were all kinds of fun things we could do just around the house. I didn't believe him and had pretty much resigned myself to being miserable, but Sean made French toast and ice cream for me, then somehow found this CD of my mom's—Greatest Hits of the 60's—and we put it on. We must have danced around the living room to "Mr. Bass Man" about five times that evening. Afterward, we found some old tapes of 1980's cartoons and watched them until 3 A.M.

It was a blast. This event happened pretty early on in our relationship, and it was the first time I fully grasped the value in Sean's smooth, easygoing approach to life—I'm the type of person who's always on the go, and Sean taught me that I shouldn't worry so much about thinking that I'm "missing out" on opportunities if I don't get to do everything. I learned that sometimes, the real opportunity is in spending time together at a relaxed pace.

What has your significant other taught you? :)

September 2002 Met online

April 9, 2003 Started dating online

July 2, 2004 Met in person

July 17, 2005 Engaged one beautiful summer night in Campbell River, BC, Canada!

June 28, 2007 I-129F sent

November 29, 2007 First NOA received

December 28, 2007 Second NOA received

January 25, 2008 Interview appointment received

March 17, 2008 Interview passed!

March 18, 2008 K-1 visa received

June 5, 2008 Fiance moved to U.S.

August 9, 2008 Married!

September 8, 2008 I-485 and I-765 sent

October 10, 2008 Biometrics appointment

December 1, 2008 EAD received in mail

March 9, 2009 Green card received in mail

December 10, 2010 I-751 filed

April 3, 2011 I-751 approved, conditions lifted from green card

October 11, 2011 Filed for divorce

My mom taught me when I was a child. :devil:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My wife has taught me the importance of taking out the trash in a timely manner.

i need your wife to come here and teach my hubby how to take out the trash in a timely manner..lol sometimes I will just keep stuffing the trash can to see if he will take it out but nope, I always end up with the job :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
My wife has taught me the importance of taking out the trash in a timely manner.

i need your wife to come here and teach my hubby how to take out the trash in a timely manner..lol sometimes I will just keep stuffing the trash can to see if he will take it out but nope, I always end up with the job :P

You need to open a can of whupass.

Or you should have married a pu$$y like my wife did.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

:lol: One day in the very far future, a woman will thank me for teaching my 12 year old to take the trash out in a timely manner :P

:lol: One day in the very far future, a woman will thank me for teaching my 12 year old to take the trash out in a timely manner :P

:thumbs:

Very well put malady! :lol:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband taught me how to load, shoot and clean a shotgun. The gift that keeps on giving. . . . . . sigh. I married a gem. :luv:

Edit: I also learned how to change my oil today and replace the exhaust on the '89 K5 Blazer.

Edited by MrsCat

Well damn, can I borrow your wife to train my husband too? ;)

My husband's teaching me the art of patience. Well, he's trying at least. LOL

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

He has taught me men have as many mood swings as women! if not more! :wacko:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that i really don't want to understand portuguese. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That i shouldn't feel bad, even native Arabic speakers don't understand each other, but they just know what they are trying to say.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

my wife taught me that leaiseure time is not really for leisure....but a means to do some fence work...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835