Thai

Are You Able To Stop Someone From Coming Back To The US ?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Let's say that lady has entered the US via K1 visa. She entered the US on August 2007, so it's 18 months since the day she got here until today. But during that 18 months, she's bêen spending more than 5 months in Vietnam already ( April 1st 2008- July 1 2008 , and Feb 27th , 2009 until now) and continuing to stay in Vietnam for a very long time.

Her situation:

She has a temp grêen card, which will expire in Dec 2009

She has a 1 year old kid with the petitioner, who is a US citizen and got a US passport, currently living with her in Vietnam.

The husband has bêen asking her to come back to the US for several times but she made up reasons to decline, therefore the husband thinks that she just waits for the right time to come back here for the 10 years grêen card.

As you can sêe, this is not a love based marriage on the lady's part, so the husband doesn't want her to come back to the US anymore. Is there anyway to stop her from coming back ? Can he divorce her without her presence in the US ? Can he take full custody of the kid and bring the kid to the US ?

Thank you

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-02-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-03-07

NVC Received : 2007-03-15

NVC Left : 2007-03-28

Consulate Received : 2007-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2007-03-31

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2007-06-27

Interview Date : 2007-07-20

Visa Received : 2007-07-27

US Entry : 2007-08-13

Marriage : 2007-10-18

AOS sent- Jan 16 2008

Advance Parole arrived : March 25th 2008

EAD card arrived March 21st 2008

waiting for her green card . Case has been transferred to Cali Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can he stop her, no.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

She may lose her permanent resident status given her length of time spent abroad. This will be determined by the CBP officer the next time she tries to re-enter the US

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Timeline
Let's say that lady has entered the US via K1 visa. She entered the US on August 2007, so it's 18 months since the day she got here until today. But during that 18 months, she's bêen spending more than 5 months in Vietnam already ( April 1st 2008- July 1 2008 , and Feb 27th , 2009 until now) and continuing to stay in Vietnam for a very long time.

Her situation:

She has a 1 year old kid with the petitioner, who is a US citizen and got a US passport, currently living with her in Vietnam.

The husband has bêen asking her to come back to the US for several times but she made up reasons to decline, therefore the husband thinks that she just waits for the right time to come back here for the 10 years grêen card.

As you can sêe, this is not a love based marriage on the lady's part, so the husband doesn't want her to come back to the US anymore. Is there anyway to stop her from coming back ? Can he divorce her without her presence in the US ? Can he take full custody of the kid and bring the kid to the US ?

Thank you

Hi :

She has a kid with the petitioner and has the temp. green card already --- There is no way she will be stopped. They both can divorce each other separately here in the US.

He can get full custody of the kid on US soil with US family law, but has less chances bringing the kid to the US from abroad.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Too complicated! I got a feeling this story is heading to an unhappy ending brother.

Need to consult a lawyer Thai, before things get out of hand and you lose 1/2 of everything you own and some.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Her situation:

Thank you

There's no need to divorce her. Just wait til her due time to file for her 10-year perm card, then let the USCIS know she doesn't "care" to spend "quality" time with her husband in the States. The USCIs would be more than happy to "deny" her AOS by then. This case is too easy.

Note: I never said it gonna be CHEAP for the husband though. The wife WILL try to get every dime she's entitled to from the husband. (in other words, this type of wife is called "gold digger")

Filed: Timeline

Her situation:

Thank you

And not much love on the part of the "gentleman" who seeks to forbid the mother of his child entrance to the US. Fortunately he can't do it. There are reasons why this woman left his azz.

Any attempt to remove the child from the mother's custody dangerously flies along the line of international kidnapping. Sick.

[quote name='*Len*' date='Apr 20 2009, 03:51 PM' post='285695

And not much love on the part of the "gentleman" who seeks to forbid the mother of his child entrance to the US. Fortunately he can't do it. There are reasons why this woman left his azz.

Any attempt to remove the child from the mother's custody dangerously flies along the line of international kidnapping. Sick.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: very well said

You're never beaten until you admit it.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

used is used. quite possibly the wife is just a scammer who had the child to nail the lid on the coffin she had shoved her "husband" into.

speaking as a man who won physical custody of 3 school aged children in a divorce with a policewoman/mother, i would tell this guy to pull out all of the stops. get the "mother" back into the states, tell her you'll take care of the baby for awhile so she can vacation, and then change the locks. the scammer may be too smart to let go of the kid, but if she does, 3 months is "provisional custody" in the eyes of the law.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Though the wife may re-enter the United States, it may be quite a challege for her to get the conditions lifted on the GC if her husband is uncooperative. If so, she will leagally have to leave America. As well, did she receive Advanced Parole before leaving America?

She's only been out of town a few months, in what, two visits over eighteen months? And she's visiting family? And didn't cut short what is a... six week long vacation immediately on his say so? And he thinks that's grounds for trying to ensure she doesn't come back? Is there something else going on? I feel like I'm missing some relevant detail because that sounds like an awfully big jump to a conclusion of "as you can see, she doesn't love this guy", as do the claims that she must be a gold digger and that he should divorce her right away and take the kid and make sure he changes the locks and gets custody.....

I'm sure there have to be other details here.

(For comparison, C.'s probably spent a similar amount of time in Canada with work, including most of November, December, January and February. A month last summer visiting family. Things he did not lose include: green card, marriage, etc.)

In any event, one doesn't need advance parole once one has conditional permanent residency for a two month visit, and she's nowhere near getting her permanent residency revoked. If she plans to be out of the U.S. for a year, she'd need to apply for a re-entry permit. But six weeks on her own out of town isn't anywhere near enough. If they get divorced, she can adjust on her own based on having entered the marriage in good faith and the sponsor is still on the hook per the terms of the I-864.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

used is used. quite possibly the wife is just a scammer who had the child to nail the lid on the coffin she had shoved her "husband" into.

speaking as a man who won physical custody of 3 school aged children in a divorce with a policewoman/mother, i would tell this guy to pull out all of the stops. get the "mother" back into the states, tell her you'll take care of the baby for awhile so she can vacation, and then change the locks. the scammer may be too smart to let go of the kid, but if she does, 3 months is "provisional custody" in the eyes of the law.

:thumbs:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

:lol: well said...

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.