10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If you knew Him, you would know He is interested in every detail of your life. Its great to have such a loving Heavenly Father! =)

He? Father? And how do you know "god" is a Male??? . :lol:

The God of the Bible is spoken of as Father and He came to earth as a male...that is why He is referred to as "He".

Can I ask, when did God become Jesus? Or am I confusing stuff up here? This question is a genuine question - I'm curious.

When I was young, God was the guy up in the clouds and Jesus was the one on the ground. Now, they are both the same person. When did that happen???

Yes haha, how ppl tend to think of things. The godhead is made up of 3 parts, Father, Son, and Holy spirit. Think of 1 x 1 x 1 = 1. there are 3 separate entities, yet they still equal 1.

here are Jesus words:

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

John 14:6-11

Reading that quote from the Bible makes me think that god could be regarded as our inner voice. We all have one, but how we interpret it is different. Some choose to align themselves with a religion, others tend to just be nice people and do good things, others ignore it entirely, and some choose to think it is a psychic connection somewhere.

I have an inner voice, one that tells me when things are a good idea or bad, one that tells me not to eat that choccy bar, a voice that tells me to check the doors are locked and so on.

I don't call this "god" though, just astute intuition.

Or OCD.

You choose! :P

I wanted to put these two together to continue this topic. I'm not scholar on theology but what I have learned from your basic Western Civilization College History course is that Constantine popularized Christianity in 312 which he learned from his Mother. He was a Roman Emperor and created the Holy Roman Church where they where the ones who decided what the scripture said and they created the Holy Trinity as an explanation for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_I_and_Christianity

This is historically documented. However, I tried to explain this to a Christian friend of mine what I had learned from my History book and she told me that it was Satan speaking. Good luck with that. :wacko:

Edited by Far2Long

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
So should I apologize for my assuming(again, doubt I'd be the only one) and you all can go on bashing as you like. Platy is king of bashing. I thought I had come to an understanding with him, since he always added things like "well I didn't mean you" if I wrote a comment to his Christian bashing posts. You are good at bashing also. And if people want to start this kind of thread, I am going to comment as much as I like.

This thread was started as a tongue-in-cheek response to the increased number of "zOMG! Thank you God for personally approving my VISA!!!1" topics I've seen lately. You know how I feel about thanking a deity rather than the actual person/agency responsible for the approval. I also don't like those who do something really, really bad and blame it on "Satan", rather than taking the blame themselves, as they should.

I didn't start it as a bashing thread.

And.....how many of your topics have I posted in and bashed Christianity? I try to stay away from your stuff, cuz I don't want you to think I'm trying to insult you. As someone else mentioned somewhere at some point (lol) - it's the religion I have an issue with (or, religion in general), not you. Even here, so far (I'm only on page one at the moment), you haven't been pushing your religion on anyone. One or two others have, but you haven't. You should know by now that I don't have any issue with you. We can all state our opinions, though. That includes me. And it includes you.

I know...it's just what you write sometimes really irks me. (And I am sure what I write irks you. :lol: )

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
So should I apologize for my assuming(again, doubt I'd be the only one) and you all can go on bashing as you like. Platy is king of bashing. I thought I had come to an understanding with him, since he always added things like "well I didn't mean you" if I wrote a comment to his Christian bashing posts. You are good at bashing also. And if people want to start this kind of thread, I am going to comment as much as I like.

This thread was started as a tongue-in-cheek response to the increased number of "zOMG! Thank you God for personally approving my VISA!!!1" topics I've seen lately. You know how I feel about thanking a deity rather than the actual person/agency responsible for the approval. I also don't like those who do something really, really bad and blame it on "Satan", rather than taking the blame themselves, as they should.

I didn't start it as a bashing thread.

And.....how many of your topics have I posted in and bashed Christianity? I try to stay away from your stuff, cuz I don't want you to think I'm trying to insult you. As someone else mentioned somewhere at some point (lol) - it's the religion I have an issue with (or, religion in general), not you. Even here, so far (I'm only on page one at the moment), you haven't been pushing your religion on anyone. One or two others have, but you haven't. You should know by now that I don't have any issue with you. We can all state our opinions, though. That includes me. And it includes you.

I know...it's just what you write sometimes really irks me. (And I am sure what I write irks you. :lol: )

If we didn't get irked, we wouldn't truly be alive.....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I wanted to put these two together to continue this topic. I'm not scholar on theology but what I have learned from your basic Western Civilization College History course is that Constantine popularized Christianity in 312 which he learned from his Mother. He was a Roman Emperor and created the Holy Roman Church where they where the ones who decided what the scripture said and they created the Holy Trinity as an explanation for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_I_and_Christianity

This is historically documented. However, I tried to explain this to a Christian friend of mine what I had learned from my History book and she told me that it was Satan speaking. Good luck with that. :wacko:

I feel your pain!!! Anyone who believes like that can't believe science and actual proof. They would rather cling to their fantasies and fiction. IMO, religion is for people who can't handle reality.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

I feel your pain!!! Anyone who believes like that can't believe science and actual proof. They would rather cling to their fantasies and fiction. IMO, religion is for people who can't handle reality.

We all need something to believe in, brother Robert. Otherwise, our place in the Universe would seem pretty small indeed.

FDF_rgblres.jpg

http://www.lsw.uni-heidelberg.de/users/jheidt/fdf/fdf.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I don't know. When I was in college, I could not stop thinking about the perfect order of the universe. From the atom, hormones, people, society, the whole universe. Trying to understand a single cell was just mind blowing. And the more I learned, the more I was convinced that God exists because the order and balance of the universe is so powerful. But that's just me :star:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

We all need something to believe in, brother Robert. Otherwise, our place in the Universe would seem pretty small indeed.

FDF_rgblres.jpg

Our place in the Universe IS very small. That's the point. There isn't a god who picks humans - out of all of the probable life forms in the universe - to "live forever" with him in his heavenly home. Humans need to accept the fact that we ARE nothing, and nothing we do matters - cosmically speaking. People don't want to believe that their lives are finite and their achievements trite; but they are. Once this is accepted...then, one can truly live.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

FDF_rgblres.jpg

Our place in the Universe IS very small. That's the point. There isn't a god who picks humans - out of all of the probable life forms in the universe - to "live forever" with him in his heavenly home. Humans need to accept the fact that we ARE nothing, and nothing we do matters - cosmically speaking. People don't want to believe that their lives are finite and their achievements trite; but they are. Once this is accepted...then, one can truly live.

Party pooper! :jest:

Isn't it better to leave each man with his own illusions, rather than shatter all his hopes?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
We need to come up with a genderless singular pronoun! Ideas? :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

narf.jpg

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

mecca-27.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Platypus is a marsupial mammal. Marsupials split from the placentals in the fossil record in the Cretaceous. That makes the divergence of platypus from ** sapiens roughly 65 million years ago.

Which means what? Only that those who choose to believe in a universal timeline that begins ~6000 years ago have a certain amount of 'splaining to do.

My Inner Fish tells me it's time to go swimming. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Platypus is a marsupial mammal. Marsupials split from the placentals in the fossil record in the Cretaceous. That makes the divergence of platypus from ** sapiens roughly 65 million years ago.

Which means what? Only that those who choose to believe in a universal timeline that begins ~6000 years ago have a certain amount of 'splaining to do.

My Inner Fish tells me it's time to go swimming. :whistle:

A platypus is not a marsupial, it is a monotreme. It lays eggs but in all other ways is a mammal.

Mags, I can answer your Yeshua versus Elohim question if you want-- just PM me.

Olivia, I can explain the trinitarian belief to you without using the (obviously) inserted verses of the Council of Nicea.

And correct, G-d has no gender.

Carry on. :)

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

i have no issue with the believers or non believers..live and let live ..

the only issue i have here, is with noobs...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835