mrsB

Will I EVER get to USA?

279 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Update:

My husband called the USCIS again, and this time we got some answers.

Firstly the I-129F that was supposedly already TERMINATED last year, wasn't. In fact, nothing what so ever had been done to it. It was still there, our names spelled wrong and now the request my husband received was regarding the I-129F with our names spelled wrong. They confirmed that an US citizen should never get invited for biometrics. My husband also learned that something had been utterly f*cked up, they actually confirmed this. The officer my husband talked to "explained where he saw issues in the files, things that went wrong, all the service requests that people had put down 'resolved'". So apparently none of our service requests were even dealt with, they were just immediately disregarded and marked as "resolved"! The officer gave my husband the exact adress and means to reach the director of the california service center and sent an e-mail to her. Now my husband needs to mail a letter to this lady as well, explaining the situation.

At least now we TRULY have the proof that they've f*cked up big time and rest assured... It's not going to just end here, oh no... Someone's going to be held responsible for all this bull we've been through ever since we filed our papers - which by the way were done FLAWLESSLY. We did everything by the book, they messed up and they're going to be held responsible.

Im speechless. I am SO sorry that happend to you guys. wow

Please tell me they are going to rectify and expedite your case

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

They'd damn well better... This is just RIDICULOUS. I'm pretty speechless myself, I just don't understand how something like this can even happen in the first place. How they had just COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ignored us for a year, dismissing all the service requests, never correcting THEIR spelling mistake and never telling us anything about what's going on. I think they're now worried for their own hides, because it seems like things are going to be dealt with - finally. I just hope they stop dwelling in the I-129F now and process our I-130!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

wow.. I don't have any advice to give you .. as I am new to all of this! But just wanted to say how sorry I am that you have gone through this :( I feel for you!!! stories like this are what scares the hell out of me!

I hope they sort it out ASAP and hopefully you can be together again soon!

Timeline

The USCIS owes both of us an IMMEDIATE processing of our case. And I want to know how I can make this happen. They have not offered us anything. (Surprise!) I also want to know who I can hold responsible for all this.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The USCIS owes both of us an IMMEDIATE processing of our case. And I want to know how I can make this happen. They have not offered us anything. (Surprise!) I also want to know who I can hold responsible for all this.

OMG! my dear send an email again to the email address that I gave last time and request for an "expedite" processing of your case do it right away, explain everything what happen to your case, you have the right to request for an expedite base of what they did, same format of the letter, Good Luck!!!

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Timeline

Ombusdman time.

Did you put in a request with them yet?

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I was just about to when I heard of this new twist... Already contacted the NVC though, they haven't replied so far. I guess I should still go forward with the Ombudsman... Give it a try. I'm just so tired of having to explain my case over and over to everyone on a daily basis... I just want it done!

Timeline

Ooookay... so this can't be good, right? The NVC responded to my e-mails:

"Good Day,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The National Visa Center has received your inquiry regarding ***-**-***-*****. After searching our records, no information was found regarding this case. Please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS- formerly known as INS) to verify the status of this petition."

So... my case doesn't even really excist? What is this? So the NVC cannot help me/do anything about this either? I'm starting to get really worried here...

Ooookay... so this can't be good, right? The NVC responded to my e-mails:

"Good Day,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The National Visa Center has received your inquiry regarding ***-**-***-*****. After searching our records, no information was found regarding this case. Please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS- formerly known as INS) to verify the status of this petition."

So... my case doesn't even really excist? What is this? So the NVC cannot help me/do anything about this either? I'm starting to get really worried here...

The NVC hasn't any information yet because your pettitions haven't been approved by USCIS yet. Your case will be sent to them once you receive your approval. I would say you need to be chasing the USCIS.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

hi mrsb, i understand you're upset, but don't give up! there is a light at the end of the tunnel! just stay on top of this and keep calling, piss them off until they are forced to do something....i'm sure things will work out, you have a great man waiting for you, so use that as motivation...i'm sure things will be ok...but i would do as what you said above and stay on target, this will surely pass...

(F)(F)(F)

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
So why did people say I should contact the NVC... -_-; Damn it. I think this is a lost case anyways...

It's ok.. it's not a lost case. Now, you finally have an answer as to what the heck has been going on.

Contact USCIS again and ask for an expedite based on being over the processing times, send the request to the ombudsman and hopefully you will hear something soon.

Dont give up, use the info that you finally got from USCIS to fight for an expedite on your case.

(F)

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.