mrsB

Will I EVER get to USA?

279 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hey Inky,

I got an address for the letter, using the same one we used to send in our "additional evidence", I was just kinda trying to decide how to catch their attention just with the envelope... Maybe I should do a pink one? I don't know. :P

thongd4me,

Yeah it's a long thread... I guess I should start a new one when this case receives some kind of an update? The USCIS has however been done with the security checks at least since summer. As far as we know. The senator's assistant who was "helping" us out, said that the security checks were done late in the spring. Why did they ponder up to the end of September before sending us the request for evidence, I don't know. As far as my husband's name goes... yes, it is quite common I'd imagine. After all, his first name alone is the most common male name in USA, so I wouldn't have a hard time imagining there to be several people with his name. He gave his prints and everything last spring at the USCIS office near his home and I guess that helped finish the security checks. Part of the problem was (in case you hadn't read) the typo USCIS made in the very beginning of our case, due to which I guess at some point they thought there were 2 Mikes and 2 Jennis (they typoed our last name) and in fact he got 2 requests to go give his fingerprints - under both names. I guess giving them prints made them convinced there was in fact just one of him... Also, my husband hasn't committed any crimes that'd somehow stand in the way of me getting a visa to the U.S. So, as far as we know security checks are long done, they should have all the evidence we can possibly give them... but they're just not making a decision. I know there's no way really to speed up the decision making process but come on, it's been a year and 10 months since we started this... I think we deserve some kind of a decision by now, even if it's a denial (at which point he'll just move here).

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha ya a colour one would be different than all the white envelopes they get and manila coloured ones! I think putting an ATTN: line under the name of the place is good too maybe you can get it passed up to a head of the office and get some more reaction that way.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Been 60+ days since USCIS had received our "additional evidence" and in the automatic update e-mail I got from them, they said that we'd be given a written decision or update within 60 days from October 28th, 2009. Of course we haven't received a damn thing from them, as always and I haven't received any updates on our case via e-mail. USCIS website shows no updates either. Will calling the usual USCIS number help any or will they (at most) again pretend to put in a service request (like so many times before)? Is there any way to FORCE the decision out of them? :blink:

Oh and I sent that letter on Monday (Dec 28th), it'll probably reach California late next week (early January).

Edited by mrsB

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Oh poop, I forgot to type in here too that I'll be going byebyes :P Our case still hasn't advanced anywhere and we've pulled all the strings possible and grasped the last straws remaining. We've left numerous service requests with the USCIS, contacted them by letters, got the state's senior senator involved, called the Ombudsman, I mailed the White House & President & Mrs. Obama, got some help from a lawyer and what not... Since we just want to get to be together, we're going to start making arrangements for my husband to move to Europe instead, possibly even Finland. It's going to be a bit difficult relocating our belongings (some of which I dragged from Finland to USA to begin with) and getting my husband a job, especially if we'll be in Finland. Without language skills in Finnish and education past high school, it'll be mostly on me to try to support us. Buuuut we're sort of past caring about comfort. We just want to get to spend our 3rd wedding anniversary together. Doesn't matter where.

But, best of luck to those still struggling with their visas and congrats to those who've already found their way to USA. Usa is not going to be the country for me to live in by the looks of it, but I might still visit it with my husband (if they let me into the country haha) every now and then.

Oh poop, I forgot to type in here too that I'll be going byebyes :P Our case still hasn't advanced anywhere and we've pulled all the strings possible and grasped the last straws remaining. We've left numerous service requests with the USCIS, contacted them by letters, got the state's senior senator involved, called the Ombudsman, I mailed the White House & President & Mrs. Obama, got some help from a lawyer and what not... Since we just want to get to be together, we're going to start making arrangements for my husband to move to Europe instead, possibly even Finland. It's going to be a bit difficult relocating our belongings (some of which I dragged from Finland to USA to begin with) and getting my husband a job, especially if we'll be in Finland. Without language skills in Finnish and education past high school, it'll be mostly on me to try to support us. Buuuut we're sort of past caring about comfort. We just want to get to spend our 3rd wedding anniversary together. Doesn't matter where.

But, best of luck to those still struggling with their visas and congrats to those who've already found their way to USA. Usa is not going to be the country for me to live in by the looks of it, but I might still visit it with my husband (if they let me into the country haha) every now and then.

I've only just read through this entire thread and wanted to say apart from terrifying me and pulling my heartstrings, lol, I wish you both the very best of luck.

With your English being as good as it is, have you thought about moving to the UK or Ireland? You'd definately find horse-related work in the UK and I'd think even more so Ireland if that's the direction you want to go in. And there are large numbers of Americans living in both countries.

I know it's the last thing you want to think about, but once he's over here in Europe, you could always try refiling DCF. At least it could take years and you'd be together.

Again, good luck and best wishes. Few marriages could withstand the same duress.

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just read the whole thread.... all I have to say is WOW... my thoughts are with you... I know that I will not be strong enough to handle all that you have been through... and I have already given my hubby a timeline, and if we have not gotten the visa by then, I will be moving to India to live with him until we are able to get it.... Good luck in all that yall do!

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

Hai!

I seem to have trouble tearing myself away from the forums hehe...

Anyway, yes, we are indeed looking into moving to UK/Ireland, it'd be half a win, at least they speak my husband's language there. I could work at any job from advertizing to horses and everything in between and I personally don't care where in the world I am, as long as there are seasons! For me, the move to UK/Ireland is no problem as I'm an EU citizen and all I need is to go there. We're currently looking into what it might take to get my hubby to move there as well... I'm sure that him being married to an EU citizen is a huge help. We'll see. If all else fails, we'll just try to settle in Finland since everyone seems to be welcome here hehe...

One has to remember that we already did this long-distance relationship for about 3,5 years before we even got married. We're very independent, but also very much in love. Of course we never expected it to take this long to get to be together but well... we've been managing. :]

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.