mrsB

Will I EVER get to USA?

279 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Once I can get a hold of my husband (he's currently working morning/day shift, meaning that we never manage to be by the computer at the same time) I'll try to ask him if he would have any exact dates for our timeline.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's starting to feel kind of ridiculous, especially when every day someone asks me or someone in my family if I'm still here... and wonder how it can be taking so long. Every day I hear my mom explain to someone this whole situation and every day it's just kind of being rubbed to my face.

Gosh I know how it feels...It really annoy me when people ask me like...when are you going to the US? or when do you plan to have a baby? Like i never wanted to move with my husband IF i had the chance...and how the heck could i make a baby on my own when they know that my husband is too far away? LOL

It's been almost a year since the last time i've seen and touched my husband. Just like you, we missed to celebrate holidays together...and the most painful one was when I had my surgery last January. God knows how much I wanted my husband to be by my side that time...and everytime I am having my chemotherapy right now. All he can do is text me and call me when i'm at the hospital. It surely sucks...but you know what? We are still blessed that we have someone who loves us and cares for us no matter where they are. There are many married couples all over the world who live together and yet not having a happy home. I know we think life is unfair, but the more we get trials, the more it strengthen our relationships. So let's just stay strong and continue to pray.

I wish and pray you will hear the good news soon. Keep contacting the USCIS or your congressman. At times like this, it is important to stay focus and stay in love. Have a blessed day!

ZlYHm6.png

Timeline

A lot of things have happened to me too during this time we've been apart... So I know sort of how you feel. I was scared and worried one night when I suddenly couldn't breathe, I ended up in the hospital and then I was diagnosed with astma a couple of months later. He couldn't be here for my b-day or my graduation from college, nor the holidays. I wished he could've been here when I participated in a horseback riding (dressage) competition for the first time after several years. I did really well too... It's just frustrating to be missing out on so much in each others' lives.

I can't even begin to imagine what you must've felt like, ell, alone in that hospital :/ I hope you're feeling better now and continue to get healthier and better.

I'm not a religious person, but I continue to have hope, somehow. I'm now considering about the possibility of traveling to USA for a little while if we get no information on our case by mid-April.

I just called the US Embassy in Helsinki and they said that it'd be unlikely that they'd send me back as long as I just explain to them what's going on. They said that they can technically send me back to Finland if they just refuse to believe me all together, but it still wouldn't affect my visa application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
MrsB..

If you are a Finnish citizen you can travel to US, that are no rules who say you are not allow!

I had travel to US 4 times when my case was still pending, I had stay sometime 3 months in US then back to Sweden and back after few months again. Bring the proof with you that you plan to go back to Finland. I was in US when my case been approved and travelled back to Sweden, now I wait on my interview.

If you dont try - you dont know!

Good luck!

I would 2nd that comments.. I had my fiance here for 3 weeks at Christmas against advise of my attorney.. They can turn you back at the boarder if they want to.. But if you are very honest and up front if asked that you have a pending case, have the # with you.. Also point out that you are aware that if you commit fraud you will be barded from the USA for at least 10yrs, they then understand that you know what you are doing and plan to return to Finland when the approval is ready for you.. I was just going to Fly Churawan here again as she finishes her Job on this Friday.. We both feel how ever that we are close to approval of our K1 that we decided not to waste the $$ at this time.. I am very confident that she would get in again if she did travel here.... You have nothing to lose at this point and you could be here for his B-Day!!! Yippie :thumbs: !!! So just do it and be honest with the passport control if asked, have a return ticket and a true story to tell!!!

Steve

Timeline

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Steve. :) Though I do think I should wait until at least the 1 year mark, even though that means missing my husband's b-day again. JUST in case if something magical would happen during the next couple of weeks. For now, I'll try to get my husband to start calling USCIS religiously and bug them about the case, maybe we'll get somewhere.

Hi Mrs B,

I can't believe it! I really can't bloody believe it! My heart goes out to you and want you have had to endure.

Good luck and I will pray that your case moves fast!

USCIS JOURNEY

14-Sep-08 Sent I-130

23-Sep-08 Recieved NOA1

28-Oct-08 Received NOA1

09-Feb-09 Received RFE for I-130

16-Feb-09 Sent Evidence for I-130

26-Feb-09 Received email NOA2 Approved!

28-Feb-09 Received Approval notice for I-130

NVC JOURNEY

12-Mar-09 NVC Received File

17-Mar-09 Emailed DS 3032 to NVC

28-Mar-09 Received DS3032 and AOS Bill via email

28-Mar-09 Paid AOS Bill online - Status = In Process

29-Mar-09 Emailed scanned DS3032 & posted via snail mail

30-Mar-09 Received email that DS3032 was received by NVC and that IV Bill will be sent

31-Mar-09 Paid IV Bill

31-Mar-09 AOS Bill Status = PAID !!!

06-Apr-09 Hubby posted DS230 and AOS priority and certified

08-Apr-09 @11:04am - Item Delivered PORTSMOUTH NH 03801 04/08/09 11:02am

10-Apr-09 NVC AVR states documents received

17-Apr-09 AVR states Case Complete at NVC!!!

21-Apr-09 Expedite request approved

24-Apr-09 Case sent from NVC to Sydney Consulate

29-Apr-09 Medical Appointment - Passed, YIPPEE and Thank You God !

05-May-09 Interview scheduled at Sydney Consulate APPROVED!!!

16-May-09 - Arrived in USA!!!!

20-May-09 Got my SSN.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Not to scare you but name checks are hard to come out of. I got stuck when i was doing my citizenship. It took 2.5 years for me to finish my citizenship process because of it. At the time i was lost but then i started writing everyone i could think of. Congress man, congress woman, ####### Cheney, even George Bush and Laura Bush. A few months later, i was cleared. Since the FBI does the name checks, they do not have a time limit unfortunately and they are claiming a back log too. Start writing to anyone you can think of. Don't wait around any longer, do it. Even the ombudsman, although, he won't really do much to help. Good luck to you. I know it must be hard sitting around waiting to start your life together.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Timeline

Well, I'd imagine it'd be a whole lot more complicated and complex for a citizenship... if you end up with FBI that is. I'm only requesting to immigrate. I'm not after a citizenship. The embassy just assured me that a name check shouldn't take more than a few days. Someone somewhere is lying to us and keeping information from us and I want to know who it is and why they're doing it. I want to know what reason they have to not tell us anything.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think all the EU member countries' citizen can visit USA without a Visa, and I think Finland is a member of EU. If you have Finish Citizenship then that's quite strange you couldn't see your husband. Also, on the other hand why cant your husband come and visit you.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Timeline

Yes, as stated above, my husband cannot come see me without pretty much having to quit his job first. He's not able to get holidays, especially paid ones, and without pay it'd be extremely hard to travel here while he'd still have to pay for his apartment and car in USA. :/ And yes, Finland is a member of EU and we have visa waiver with USA and no there shouldn't be any reason as to why I couldn't visit, but homeland security can apparently send me back to Finland if they feel like it. I'm a citizen of Finland, born and raised here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thank you so much for the encouragement, Steve. :) Though I do think I should wait until at least the 1 year mark, even though that means missing my husband's b-day again. JUST in case if something magical would happen during the next couple of weeks. For now, I'll try to get my husband to start calling USCIS religiously and bug them about the case, maybe we'll get somewhere.

Hey,

I just noticed you said your "129F" was an issue with name... The 129F is a K! visa application, not the K3... That could be part of the issue here.. I am going the K1 route due to the longer K3 processing time (at least that is what I was told by my attorney)... Please verify that you have the correct documents in process so you don't have to wait any longer for a form issue.. K3 is for married folks and K1 is for fiance processing.. Just caught my eye when I was reading through this flow... I am really amazed at the time these processing takes some people and others get through in mere days.. Makes no sense to me at all.. It is supposed to be 1st in 1st out, but that is not the case at all in our gov't trust me.. They do what they want and when they want to... Sad but true!! Heaven forbid we take them to task and we will risk being put at the bottom of the pile.. Good luck!!!

Steve

Timeline

Yes, I know... we're just running with the I-130 now, since the mess up with the "speed up paper" aka I-129F. That all has probably slowed this thing down even more, but still doesn't explain why USCIS never contacted us.

Hey,

I just noticed you said your "129F" was an issue with name... The 129F is a K! visa application, not the K3... That could be part of the issue here.. I am going the K1 route due to the longer K3 processing time (at least that is what I was told by my attorney)... Please verify that you have the correct documents in process so you don't have to wait any longer for a form issue.. K3 is for married folks and K1 is for fiance processing.. Just caught my eye when I was reading through this flow... I am really amazed at the time these processing takes some people and others get through in mere days.. Makes no sense to me at all.. It is supposed to be 1st in 1st out, but that is not the case at all in our gov't trust me.. They do what they want and when they want to... Sad but true!! Heaven forbid we take them to task and we will risk being put at the bottom of the pile.. Good luck!!!

Steve

I-129F is part of the K3 application, partnered with the I-130.

MrsB..

If you are a Finnish citizen you can travel to US, that are no rules who say you are not allow!

I had travel to US 4 times when my case was still pending, I had stay sometime 3 months in US then back to Sweden and back after few months again. Bring the proof with you that you plan to go back to Finland. I was in US when my case been approved and travelled back to Sweden, now I wait on my interview.

If you dont try - you dont know!

Good luck!

I would 2nd that comments.. I had my fiance here for 3 weeks at Christmas against advise of my attorney.. They can turn you back at the boarder if they want to.. But if you are very honest and up front if asked that you have a pending case, have the # with you.. Also point out that you are aware that if you commit fraud you will be barded from the USA for at least 10yrs, they then understand that you know what you are doing and plan to return to Finland when the approval is ready for you.. I was just going to Fly Churawan here again as she finishes her Job on this Friday.. We both feel how ever that we are close to approval of our K1 that we decided not to waste the $$ at this time.. I am very confident that she would get in again if she did travel here.... You have nothing to lose at this point and you could be here for his B-Day!!! Yippie :thumbs: !!! So just do it and be honest with the passport control if asked, have a return ticket and a true story to tell!!!

Steve

Hello people,

I just want to clarify something here. As Steve said they can turn you back if they want, that is correct. You can try to proof them your true intention but is on them to allow you to enter.

My clarification... People are saying that you don't have nothing to loose if you try to enter USA during your visa process or at any other time. That is not completely true. If they order you to be removed from US under section 235(B)(1) at the POE you will be INADMISSIBLE for any type of Visa. See below the part of the INA 212 where state what I've just explained... You can ask your lawyer about this and by the way this INA 212 is only one part of the laws that the adjuticators at USCIS or USEM will check to see if you are admissible to receive a visa or any other immigration benefits.

INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILLITY

9) 12/ ALIENS PREVISOUSLY Removed.-

(A) Certain aliens previously removed.-

(i) Arriving aliens.-Any alien who has been ordered removed under section 235(B)(1) or at the end of proceedings under section 240 initiated upon the alien's arrival in the United States and who again seeks admission within 5 years of the date of such removal (or within 20 years in the case of a second or subsequent removal or at any time in the case of an alien convicted of an aggravated felony) is inadmissible.

I don't want you to lose your hope and as Steve say you can prepare yourself to answer any question and let them see that you know what are you doing so they can give you permission to enter. In my case, I'm USC and my wife is living in a foreign country (Dominican Republic) and has a visitor visa, so same as you she can travel to US any time. She have already come 3 times without any issues but now after knowing the big impact that this "turn back" can do in her visa application we decide to wait until this process finish.

So again, I only want to let everybody know the big impact that this "turn back" can do in your application.

I-130 Journey

01-13-09 - I-130 NOA1 (case transferred to California Service Center)

02-25-09 - I-130 NOA2 (Approved)

02-28-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy

I-129F Journey

01-19-09 - I-129F sent USPS Express Overnight Mail to California Service Center

01-23-09 - I-129F NOA1

02-25-09 - I-129F NOA2(Approved)

02-28-09 - I-129F Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03-03-09 - I-129F Case number assigned @ NVC

03-11-09 - I-129F Consulate Received signed by FELIX

04-14-09 - I-129F Interview date assigned (05-19-09)

NVC Journey

03-04-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

03-10-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

03-10-09 - E-mail DS-3032

03-10-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

03-11-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

03-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

03-16-09 - Reviewing I-864

03-17-09 - Mail DS-3032

03-19-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032

03-19-09 - NVC Reviewed and Accepted I-864

03-26-09 - IV Bill Generated

03-27-09 - Pay IV Bill

03-30-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

03-30-09 - Mailed IV Package

04-10-09 - RFE for my wife's Birth Certificate (It must be In-extenso)

04-14-09 - Sent a New IN_EXTENSO Birth Certificate

04-27-09 - Case Completed at NVC

04-27-09 - Trying to switch k3 interview for CR-1/IR-1

04-28-09 - Sent E-mail directly to the Chief of Visa Operations in DR requesting the switch

05-06-09 - NVC received a request from Embassy requesting the file

05-07-09 - Medical Exam

05-08-09 - Left NVC

05-12-09 - Received Consulate

05-19-09 - Interview Date: APPROVED!!!!

05-27-09 - POE (JFK, New York)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.