Mary and Jeff

NOA2 Received!!!!! 43 DAYS!!!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the congratulations! Sorry it took so long to reply.. been busy trying to catch up on things around the house... (haven't put the dishes in the washer since I seem to have been distracted over the last two days... :blush: )

As for why I got so fast... I have several theories, but I am not going to call up the USCIS and "rock to boat" and ask why are you moving so fast??!!?? :lol:

One theory is perhaps it might be because her mother already immigrated to the U.S. and is a citizen... so maybe whatever background checks they have on her might come up more quickly?

Another possibly theory is I studied all the guides each evening for probably several weeks, and met her mother to get immigration advice as well... and then I added bookmarks to each section of 129F, as well as a small table of contents for each section in the 129F... I basically tried making it idiot-proof that anyone should find anything in the package in a few seconds...

I even put in a little note saying I have "hundreds of additional pages of chat logs..." and let them know to contact me by phone or email if they ever want more info... (not that it mattered... but I thought I wanted to show I am completely willing to be transparent and honest with them)

I don't know... perhaps it might be the fact I have a little Irish from my mother's side... it seems I inherited her luck... B) (of course I am completely lucky to have met someone like Mary... but that's a whole another story!) :D

MARY AND JEFF

First, congratulations ! WHAT A FAST JOURNEY !!

Just a question : have you any reason to get your NOA 2 so fast ? are you a military ?

Thanks

---K1 Visa---

Jan 01, 2009 - Proposed! She said "Yes!"

Jan 23, 2009 - Mailed I-129F

Jan 27, 2009 - NOA1

Mar 11, 2009 - NOA2

Apr 29, 2009 - Embassy Interview

Jul 20, 2009 - POE - Chicago

Jul 31, 2009 - Married!

---AOS/EAD---

Aug 14, 2009 - Filed for AOS/EAD

Aug 20, 2009 - NOA for AOS/EAD

Sep 12, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

Oct 14, 2009 - AOS Approved

Oct 21, 2009 - Green Card Received

---I-751 Removing Conditions---

Jul 19, 2011 - Filed for Removing Conditions

Jul 22, 2011 - NOA for Removing Conditions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I don't know... I think I have the right to complain since it took longer than a month... :lol: (by the way I'm kidding! )

I know... I am going to keep doing the same things... wake up at the same time, eat the same breakfast, watch the same TV shows... whatever... just to make sure this luck continues!!!!

Congratulations guys. You must be feeling pretty lucky :)) And you shoud. Embrase that moment and keep the good luck for the rest of the process. :thumbs:

---K1 Visa---

Jan 27, 2009 - NOA1

Mar 11, 2009 - NOA2

Jul 31, 2009 - Married!

---AOS/EAD---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

:wow: that was fast!

CONGRATULATIONS !

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Fast indeed :D

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Good luck at the interview! :star:

10z8daa.jpg1267okh.jpg14o8ygx.jpg

NOA date for I-485, AP and EAD 12/21/2009

RFE date 01/06/2010 ...RFE response recieved 01/27/2010

Biometrics date 01/19/2010

Transfer Date (CSC) 02/04/2010

AP/EAD Approved Date 02/05/2010

AP Received Date 02/11/2010

EAD Received Date 02/16/2010

I-485 - Last touch 02/24/2010

Service Request -06/21/2010

06/24/2010 - touch

07/10/10..07/28/10..07/29/10...touch

07/29/2010 - GC approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

and then I added bookmarks to each section of 129F, as well as a small table of contents for each section in the 129F... I basically tried making it idiot-proof that anyone should find anything in the package in a few seconds...

I did the same thing. Table of contents for each "section" especially the Proof of Meeting and the Proof of Relationship sections. All binder clipped separately and then all together with a giant clip. For the photos parts of the Proof of Meeting I embedded the photos onto a Word document, added a title on top (and on some added commentary like, "notice the pizza delivery receipt address is the same as the apartment address:), then printed this on the color printer at work. Then on the package that was submitted, I enclosed a real photo (from digital printing at Walgreens for real cheap) in a resealable bag, printed name and picture on back of picture, affixed an address label with same information onto bag and then staped that on top of the printed picture on that particular page.

Also for the Photos part, I printed out each of our photo pages from our respective passports, to place a name with the faces seen in the photos.

So all of our fingers are crossed like everyones' are. We received our NOA1 within 3 days of mailing, similar to yours.

Everyone will be kept informed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
and then I added bookmarks to each section of 129F, as well as a small table of contents for each section in the 129F... I basically tried making it idiot-proof that anyone should find anything in the package in a few seconds...

I did the same thing. Table of contents for each "section" especially the Proof of Meeting and the Proof of Relationship sections. All binder clipped separately and then all together with a giant clip. For the photos parts of the Proof of Meeting I embedded the photos onto a Word document, added a title on top (and on some added commentary like, "notice the pizza delivery receipt address is the same as the apartment address:), then printed this on the color printer at work. Then on the package that was submitted, I enclosed a real photo (from digital printing at Walgreens for real cheap) in a resealable bag, printed name and picture on back of picture, affixed an address label with same information onto bag and then staped that on top of the printed picture on that particular page.

Also for the Photos part, I printed out each of our photo pages from our respective passports, to place a name with the faces seen in the photos.

So all of our fingers are crossed like everyones' are. We received our NOA1 within 3 days of mailing, similar to yours.

Everyone will be kept informed.

Wow! Everything you mentioned, I did as well (even getting the phots at Walgreens, but I didn't go as far as embedding photos in a word document... for some reason, I thought... "what if I come across a person in USCIS who doesn't understand technology...

I can just see them thinking to themself... "A PHOTO on 8.5" x 11" paper!!! that's from a computer!!! it MUST BE PHOTOSHOPPED!!!! I'm going to raise all the red flags and delay everything for 3 years because I know photos don't belong on paper!!!" :P

So I figured I'd just put all the photos on regular 3" x 5" photos at walgreens... which is what everyone born in the bast 84 years understands... and write the info on the back... :)

I hope it goes through quickly for you as well... if so... then maybe we can figure out what we did to make it go through so fast! :)

---K1 Visa---

Jan 27, 2009 - NOA1

Mar 11, 2009 - NOA2

Jul 31, 2009 - Married!

---AOS/EAD---

I got mine today - approved Friday the 13th!!

ALSO 43 days!!

CSC! CSC! CSC! :dance:

My theory on the speed depends soley on the fact that December and January (according to the VJ sampling) had MUCH fewer applicants than the usual month. Check the "all petitions" list. There's a pretty significant drop off.

Anyway, Looks like January is going strong. Hope my fellow January's get their NOA2s soon as well!

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

WOW! Congratulations!!!! :dance:

I guess the $455 filing fee is a bit too much for many during these economic times?

I got mine today - approved Friday the 13th!!

ALSO 43 days!!

CSC! CSC! CSC! :dance:

My theory on the speed depends soley on the fact that December and January (according to the VJ sampling) had MUCH fewer applicants than the usual month. Check the "all petitions" list. There's a pretty significant drop off.

Anyway, Looks like January is going strong. Hope my fellow January's get their NOA2s soon as well!

---K1 Visa---

Jan 27, 2009 - NOA1

Mar 11, 2009 - NOA2

Jul 31, 2009 - Married!

---AOS/EAD---

Maybe you have a right theory about filing in January. After Christmas.. every ones budget is pretty low and in need of some recoop time.

Maybe that is the reason for the speed up in processing times. I just hope it lasts. through April and May. :-)

Or maybe its Obama dollars at work and they have hired more employees. In any case.. will take it as it is. :thumbs:

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It was fortunate nobody else was at the post office as I jumped and yelled out in celebration!!!! I never would have dreamed getting it in 43 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Happy St. Patrick's Day VJers!!!!!!!! Time to enjoy a beer!!!! :pop:

Wow! You must've submitted to CSC instead of VSC to get such a quick NOA2.

43 days?????? that must have been some crazy USCIS adjudicator hyped up red bull and coffee hahahaha

lol. We should clone that adjudicator.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes Congrats. I'm hoping you guys are starting the trend. Come on CSC !!!!!

I stapled my baggie containing the photos on top of the photo that I imbedded in the document.

We all know that photos are secondary evidence anyway so I am not worried about any Photoshop concerns; we have concrete evidence of us being in Kiev and being together during the time period we indicated. Under the table of contents top sheet of our Proof of Meeting section, I placed a written description of our meeting and described where we had gone while in Kiev which corresponds to the evidence presented beneath that page.

Anyone can read through our documents and it walks you through the evidence. I kept it simple and to the point but all is there.

Fingers and toes are crossed of course.

Congrats again to everyone.

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm still in a bit of shock and am wondering if I'm missing something. I THINK I just received my NOA2 from the CSC (it says that the application is approved), but I wasn't expecting it this quickly. Our NOA1 date was Feb. 19, and the date on this form says Mar. 19. 31 days????

How do I figure out if I really have an NOA2 in my hands? I'm a little skeptical after looking at the estimated dates..

Thanks for the help!

:dance::dance::dance: OMG! I am now exhausted from jumping and running around the house for 2 hours calling all I know!!

It began when when I found a lone envelope in my PO Box... and suddenly I see "Dept. of Homeland Security" on the return address... and immediately my heart sank... I just said.. "OH fudge* (the word "fudge" may have been different :whistle: ) I was thinking... is this a RFE??? what did I forget??? I trriple checked everything!!! I sent more evidence than even the guides say to send... I even start over entire forms if I thought 1 letter could be interpreted as something else!!! then I see the words... "Approval notice" ok... well this is nice... but let's see if the fine print matches what I think that it means...

Then I read "The above petition has been approved...." Then just in case by some random chance I got someone else's mail... I made sure the petitioner and beneficiary's names matched mine and my wonderful soon-to-be wife.... and YES THEY DO!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

It was fortunate nobody else was at the post office as I jumped and yelled out in celebration!!!! I never would have dreamed getting it in 43 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Happy St. Patrick's Day VJers!!!!!!!! Time to enjoy a beer!!!! :pop:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

NVC Received : 2009-04-01

Interview Date : 2009-06-03

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.