stevedk

inteview question

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
Depends on how much was in the transfer, if enough for visa fees, medical fee, can be fine.

However if a large sum, this can be tricky, it can look like "buying a bride".

IMO, it almost never helps and actually CAN hurt. I'd leave it out.

Can you not show this as evidence of ongoing relationship?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I don't think I understand the question.

You bring what proof you choose to show then so of course if you choose to omit the financial assistance they wont know about it.

timeline.jpg

Hey Jokalu I am in your same situation, we have a 9 years relationship, and in one of my trips got pregnant, then I gave birth here in the USA, then I became a citizen and applied to bring him in, so I guess the pics and the baby's birth certificate with his last name should be proof enough.

I am not taking proof of the money I sent him because I think its kind of humiliating, the consular officers are so "special" that they might take it the wrong way. They don't undersatnd that in our third world countries most people struggle to survive. Don't matter if they are male, I think that is harder for males to find a job.

you right, they dont understand how the life is in our countrys, but i talk last night whit my fiance, and he send whit the petition proof of he support our baby, so is late for us, they know that , so i hope they dont put atention to this, and just note the important things, so i pretty sure we are ok!! :innocent:

Edited by jokalu

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I sent couple wire transfer to my fiance for all the fees that she has to pay for the interview. Should she present that in the interview as evidence? you know besides all photos, emails, phone records...

Thanks

I brought evidence of money transfers along with lots of other stuff. "evidence" to heavy on money transfers may be questioned, bit if it is part of the whole, why not?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Listen to pushbrk.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
why not?

Because it doesn't help and can hurt.

There are exceptions, such as when the petitioner is supporting their own child in addition to the beneficiary.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm kind of upset to hear this, that showing $ transfers MAY raise concerns.

My fiance lives on an outer island, with no real internet access. With my blessing, she is staying with relatives in the nearest city with internet access. I can either shell-out over $100 in phone bills, or I can send it to her, and get to see her on camera several times per week and talk for hours.

She has to eat, for gosh sakes, and I'm having her get some medical and dental things done. Her chest Xray showed nothing of any concern, and hopefully, SLEC's will be likewise. Soon, she'll get an eye-exam, and glasses, as-needed. Plus, I just contributed to her mother's recent surgery bill.

She doesn't feel right about taking on a job, only to quit within a couple mos. Plus, she may try to attend a short cooking course there. SO......

With such an explanation, do you think the sequence of transfers is still a bad idea??? :wacko:

Moving on w/life

Timeline

My fiance lives on an outer island, with no real internet access. With my blessing, she is staying with relatives in the nearest city with internet access. I can either shell-out over $100 in phone bills, or I can send it to her, and get to see her on camera several times per week and talk for hours.

She has to eat, for gosh sakes, and I'm having her get some medical and dental things done. Her chest Xray showed nothing of any concern, and hopefully, SLEC's will be likewise. Soon, she'll get an eye-exam, and glasses, as-needed. Plus, I just contributed to her mother's recent surgery bill.

She doesn't feel right about taking on a job, only to quit within a couple mos. Plus, she may try to attend a short cooking course there. SO......

With such an explanation, do you think the sequence of transfers is still a bad idea??? :wacko:

Evidence of bona fides is a two-way street. As a practical matter, the petitioner's motives are questioned far less than those of the beneficiary. The hurdle is to overcome the thought they foreign national is taking advantage of the USC. USC's sending money works against that goal and generally the couple will have sufficient other evidence of bona fides that shows commitment from both parties.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Id be forking out the $100 for phone calls ... Giving her money to pay for her mothers surgery, glasses, cooking courses could be misconstrued but the phonecalls several times a week is strong evidence of ongoing relationship...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Evidence of bona fides is a two-way street. As a practical matter, the petitioner's motives are questioned far less than those of the beneficiary. The hurdle is to overcome the thought they foreign national is taking advantage of the USC. USC's sending money works against that goal and generally the couple will have sufficient other evidence of bona fides that shows commitment from both parties.

What if the the contribution is 50:50 .... First 2 years of my fiance and I's relationship I paid for all the phone calls ... this last 2 years his taken over, my contribution has been minimal due to my changing phone plans ... Would that be viewed as taking advantage of the USC or is the fact that I covered the first two years solely taken into consideration?

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Id be forking out the $100 for phone calls ... Giving her money to pay for her mothers surgery, glasses, cooking courses could be misconstrued but the phonecalls several times a week is strong evidence of ongoing relationship...

Oh, they DO continue, I can assure you. I know how important that one is. I just keep the duration down, and make them between computer 'visit's, every few days or so. The letters go back and forth, with copies retained for her interview, etc.

I'll give this one some more thought.

Moving on w/life

Timeline

What if the the contribution is 50:50 .... First 2 years of my fiance and I's relationship I paid for all the phone calls ... this last 2 years his taken over, my contribution has been minimal due to my changing phone plans ... Would that be viewed as taking advantage of the USC or is the fact that I covered the first two years solely taken into consideration?

Apples and oranges. Paying the phone bills is not transferring money.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.