1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wouldn't we all love a job like that? Where you can say when you're late, and when you're within your timeframe? Basically, "I'll tell you when I'm not doing my job fast enough, and don't call me until then."

CSC was going so much faster a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping VSC would speed up. But it looks like the only thing happening is that CSC is slowing down as well.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Calling USCIS is a pain... they all say to wait.. and it is pending. SUCKS!!! :whistle:

I hear you all loud and clear. Waiting is agonizing. Do you all really think we will be waiting till July/August?

Here's our story- We are both of Asian Indian origin (Punjabi). I'm an American Citizen, and he is on a work visa in the UK. He is an Indian Citizen though. We met online in November, I went to meet him in January, and we engaged on March 1- in the presence of our fathers. It has been great thus far, but the distance, time, money, and inability to even plan out our wedding date and details is soo frustrating. I'm sure you all know how that goes.

-ViknKam

Edited by viknkam

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline
Calling USCIS is a pain... they all say to wait.. and it is pending. SUCKS!!! :whistle:

I hear you all loud and clear. Waiting is agonizing. Do you all really think we will be waiting till July/August?

Here's our story- We are both of Asian Indian origin (Punjabi). I'm an American Citizen, and he is on a work visa in the UK. He is an Indian Citizen though. We met online in November, I went to meet him in January, and we engaged on March 1- in the presence of our fathers. It has been great thus far, but the distance, time, money, and inability to even plan out our wedding date and details is soo frustrating. I'm sure you all know how that goes.

-ViknKam

Hello & welcome to the club, Vik&Nam! I really doubt we'll have our approval that late, I'm still hoping to get our NOA2s in May/June. So good luck to you and fast processing! May you be with your honey soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

really hope to have the NOA2 either on or before the 28th May as that is kays birthday

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ireland

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-13

Check Cashed: 2009-03-16

Touched : 2009-06-25

Touched : 2009-07-22

RFE: 2009-06-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-09-11

Packet 4 Received :2009-09-18 - got no letter. Just a phone call.

Interview Date : 2009-09-22

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Wouldn't we all love a job like that? Where you can say when you're late, and when you're within your timeframe? Basically, "I'll tell you when I'm not doing my job fast enough, and don't call me until then."

CSC was going so much faster a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping VSC would speed up. But it looks like the only thing happening is that CSC is slowing down as well.

I am so tired of the incompetent people who work for USCIS. After more than a month, my case status is still not online, and every time I call they say that there is a problem with their system, but they will transfer me to a supervisor who can answer my questions. That is all fine, until today when I called, and the woman insisted that because she could see my case in her computer than I should be able to see it when I log on. I explained that I had tried right before I called her, but my case number could not be found. She told me to sign up for email updates which I had already tried but was unable to do so since they do not recognize my number. I politely requested to speak with a supervisor which caused her to become very snotty and ask me what the purpose of that was. I explained that in spite of following her suggestions, I was still unable to check the progress of my case without calling USCIS every time. Then she tried to give me the same old story about being within the normal processing times as they are only working on files from October. I didn't bother to point out that several January and February filers on VJ have already received their NOA2. I just said thank you and hung up the phone. I realize that the information they provide is not accurate, but it is really frustrating knowing that there is nothing I can do. I was feeling so hopeful when I saw how fast they were going through the February files, but now everything has stopped. I'm sure there will be people who want to tell me that I should be more patient as it has only been a little over a month since I filed, but the truth is, we have been apart for the past 15 years and only able to afford one visit in all that time. On top of everything I sent my Aff. of Support paperwork to my fiance so he would have it already, and the post office sent it to Venezuela instead of Brasil! Now it is lost somewhere even though I paid nearly $40 to send it express mail with tracking. Now I am going to have to do all of the forms again since they only accept the originals and probably pay again to ensure I can track it online. Sorry for all of the complaining, but I really HATE the government bureaucracy. I'm not sure this process is worth all of the pain it causes. Thanks for listening, and if anyone has a way to contact the CSC directly, I would appreciate it!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am so tired of the incompetent people who work for USCIS. After more than a month, my case status is still not online, and every time I call they say that there is a problem with their system, but they will transfer me to a supervisor who can answer my questions. That is all fine, until today when I called, and the woman insisted that because she could see my case in her computer than I should be able to see it when I log on. I explained that I had tried right before I called her, but my case number could not be found. She told me to sign up for email updates which I had already tried but was unable to do so since they do not recognize my number. I politely requested to speak with a supervisor which caused her to become very snotty and ask me what the purpose of that was. I explained that in spite of following her suggestions, I was still unable to check the progress of my case without calling USCIS every time. Then she tried to give me the same old story about being within the normal processing times as they are only working on files from October. I didn't bother to point out that several January and February filers on VJ have already received their NOA2. I just said thank you and hung up the phone. I realize that the information they provide is not accurate, but it is really frustrating knowing that there is nothing I can do. I was feeling so hopeful when I saw how fast they were going through the February files, but now everything has stopped. I'm sure there will be people who want to tell me that I should be more patient as it has only been a little over a month since I filed, but the truth is, we have been apart for the past 15 years and only able to afford one visit in all that time. On top of everything I sent my Aff. of Support paperwork to my fiance so he would have it already, and the post office sent it to Venezuela instead of Brasil! Now it is lost somewhere even though I paid nearly $40 to send it express mail with tracking. Now I am going to have to do all of the forms again since they only accept the originals and probably pay again to ensure I can track it online. Sorry for all of the complaining, but I really HATE the government bureaucracy. I'm not sure this process is worth all of the pain it causes. Thanks for listening, and if anyone has a way to contact the CSC directly, I would appreciate it!

Hey don't get discouraged just hang in there. I think all of us are on the same boat. I really feel bad about the screw up sending I-134 to Venezuela instead of Brasil how the heck did that happen??? I think everyone in CSC is processing work related visas from what I am hearing and soon they'll get back into processing our cases. Best of luck to all of us and once more stay positive and be patient!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you for the support. I really appreciate your kind words. I know we are all experiencing the same thing--it helps to know that others understand. ;)

event.png

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

I am so sorry this happened to you :( The website isn't much, but it helps to have something that gives you the idea that you know what's happening. And they'd better get that letter to your fiance!!! Good luck with everything and don't get discouraged! You'll get your approval soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I hear you. Even if it never gets touched or updated the fact that its in the system would be something of a comfort...ours isnt there either. I know...I check every day. I'm kind of hoping it just mysteriously pops up when it gets approved :lol: In the end it will be worth it although it is a lot of heartache now. I can't really make plans to go visit Wes because I don't know when my interview/medical etc will be, and if we do get another visit I want to make it kind of in the middleish of the wait...I wish his job wasnt being so dumb with reorganizing so he could come visit me, or that CSC would get off their butts and do something so we would know when we can be together forever...finally. I really do have a feeling our NOA2s will be coming next month, so keep your chin up! *hugs*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bah, the timeline really has slowed down quite a bit, hasn't it? Last time I checked, we were estimated to get our NOA2 around May time. Now we're back to August! :(

I think it's easier for me, than some people here, because at least I know I actually cannot go anywhere until January 2010. But it's still so frustrating, being apart and not knowing for certain when and if we'll get to be together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

got a question: I keep reading that people get their interview date in a letter. All the other visas I have had, I got to pick a date. I am assuming it is different with the K-1. What does it depend on when you get your interview? Just the consulat or how fast I do things once I get packet 3? Still haven't read enough to know about the whole process. Better start :).

getting really tired of not know in when things will happen. will start a job soon and my employer asked three times when I will leave. Just wanted to slap him and yell I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! I'd almost rather wait longer and have a specific date. enough of my complaining, doesn't help anyways, does it?

everyone enjoy the weekend and maybe somebody can help me with my question.

Fran

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I know it sucks that our adjudication dates are getting pushed further and further back, but we keep going up on Igor's list. I know it also sucks that we cannot find out from USCIS any additional info about our case b/c we haven't reached the six month mark. The USCIS website is no help b/c it doesn't update. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the USCIS.

All I can say to everyone is to stay positive. Don't follow the timelines b/c you'll just get more depressed. I have a feeling that the NOA2 will be coming shortly. If not this month, then it will happen next month.

Everyone hang in there. It's frustrating now, but it will be rewarding later!

Edited by CF&CZ

K-1 Progress:

I-129F Sent: 03/09/09

I-129F Received by CSC: 03/11/09

NOA1 Notice date: 3/12/09

NOA2 Notice date: 6/24/09

NOA2 Hardcopy: 6/29/09

NVC Received: 6/30/09

NVC Sent to GUZ: 7/6/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
got a question: I keep reading that people get their interview date in a letter. All the other visas I have had, I got to pick a date. I am assuming it is different with the K-1. What does it depend on when you get your interview? Just the consulat or how fast I do things once I get packet 3? Still haven't read enough to know about the whole process. Better start :).

getting really tired of not know in when things will happen. will start a job soon and my employer asked three times when I will leave. Just wanted to slap him and yell I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! I'd almost rather wait longer and have a specific date. enough of my complaining, doesn't help anyways, does it?

everyone enjoy the weekend and maybe somebody can help me with my question.

Fran

Some consulates will ask for a preferred date, others are just first come first serve. I know with mine I can request a date but it might be just thrown at the wind, and I am suggested to take the first one given no matter what as eitherwise it could be another 3-4 months wait. Not sure about the German consulate though.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i hate waiting....

Our timeline:

Met online - 2/19/05

Met for the first time - 1/29/06

Dave visits again - 4/1/07

Engaged - 4/6/07

I 129F Sent - 3/21/09

I 129F Delivered - 3/23/09

Check Cashed - 3/24/09

NOA2- Approval date 7/22/09 (hard copy received in mail 7/27/09)

Mailed copies of packet to Dave - 8/1/09

Dave mails in his checklist to embassy - 10/12/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

This waiting just started, and already drives me nuts. :clock::wacko: I cant plan anything there, because i don't know when i will be there, and cant plan anything here, because i don't know how long i will be here. Uffff :bonk:

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.