jundp

Giving up VJ for Lent

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

So, Lent is upon us tomorrow and I've decided to give up VJ for Lent. It's addicting, it leads to other bad behaviors (like getting annoyed and saying mean things to people who are clods and .... oh there I go), and it's a HUGE time waster.

Since Sundays are exempt from the Lenten abstinence, I may check in on Sundays once in a while.

I seriously doubt anyone will miss me, but I felt the need to post this so I won't cheat and sneak on once in a while. Because giving it up means no reading it either :)

See all y'all on April 12th.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You're brave. This will certainly put you in the good books with the man upstairs. :thumbs:

Catch ya on the flip side.

So, Lent is upon us tomorrow and I've decided to give up VJ for Lent. It's addicting, it leads to other bad behaviors (like getting annoyed and saying mean things to people who are clods and .... oh there I go), and it's a HUGE time waster.

Since Sundays are exempt from the Lenten abstinence, I may check in on Sundays once in a while.

I seriously doubt anyone will miss me, but I felt the need to post this so I won't cheat and sneak on once in a while. Because giving it up means no reading it either :)

See all y'all on April 12th.

Good for you, seriously. :thumbs:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

kudo's for your. I stopped doing lent for lent. It caused me to be unhappy and made me give up things I didn't want to.

USCIS

12/03/2008...Sent I-130 form

12/04/2008...Papers reached Chicago LockBox (1Day)

12/11/2008...NOA1 (7days)

12/22/2008...NOA1 hard copy received (11 days ~ Heavy Snowfall Delayed Mail)

03/14/2009...NOA2 (92 days from NOA1)

03/24/2009...NOA2 Hard copy received (No touches or web approval)

NVC

04/06/2009...Received by NVC (23 days from NOA2)

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good Luck!

I couldn't give up anything internet related.

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't know if you'll read this til Sunday...but good luck! And I don't actually mean luck hehe, but it's the thing to say. God be with you should be the right thing I think. ;) Yeah, I can see how VJ could be something to give up for lent, hehe. I agree with your "it's addicting, leads to other bad behaviors..." thing. Well I won't be around for a week and a half or so because we are going to India, so my separation is forced. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

give up vj! are you out of your mind! :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

oh sh!t has lent started yet??

means this friday i cannot eat meat.. mhh

when is ash wednesday? if I don't go mi mama won't be happy

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,