MrsRowe

DNA TESTING

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Guyana embassy decided that they needed a DNA test to proove that our daughter is my husband's daughter.

The test is going to cost 710 dollars.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

WOW Mrs Rowe, that is so high. Once you submit the results, will he have to interview again, or are they just saying that they will issue the visa after the results?

Sorry to hear and good luck!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Guyana embassy decided that they needed a DNA test to proove that our daughter is my husband's daughter.

alot of the embassy's require that now, some of the reason is because when people would to to another country looking like they were going to have a baby, but they were not and found a child there to bring home as their own, this happened a lot in mexico, so it is not just about married couples its so said when adoption fraud effects couples

i hope everything goes well for u and the testing doesnt take too long

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oh my goodness. Good thing we have no baby yet. My husband would turn into a rabid dog if they told us to get the child tested.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope they can refund it once you get the results and stick it in their face. :D

Just joking. Good luck!

--------------

wow that's expensive. you should just just get some of the kid's saliva in a little cup send it to ur USC hubby and he can do the test here, where it is much much cheaper. (dunno if that's possible)

USCIS

I-130 sent - Aug 10, 2008

I-130 NOA1 - Aug 28, 2008

I-130 NOA2 - Dec 24, 2008

NVC

NVC Received Package - Jan 06, 2009

Case number assigned - Jan 06, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated - Jan 12, 2009

Paid AOS Bill - Jan 12, 2009

AOS Bill Show as PAID - Jan 14, 2009

Mailed AOS PAID receipt - Jan 16, 2009

Mailed DS-3032 - Jan 16, 2009

Mailed I-864 - Jan 20, 2009

IV Bill Generated - Jan 21, 2009

Pay IV Bill - Jan 21, 2009

IV Bill Show as PAID - Jan 22, 2009

Mailed IV - Jan 27, 2009

IV Package Entered - Jan 29, 2009

Case Complete - Feb 05, 2009

NVC Left - Feb 12, 2009

Consulate Received - Feb 17, 2009

Interview Date - Mar 09, 2009 - VISA RECEIVED

MY WIFE GETS HERE - Mar 23 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry to hear about that setback (F)

Unfortunately it is not uncommon for a DNA test to be requested.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

WOW!! I am so very sorry to hear. I am too at a lost for words right now.

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline
I'm so sorry they are putting you through this (F)(F)

I don't understand though...your daughter is in the U.S....its not like you were filing for her to come here...

Exactly.

I have already contacted my congressman's office. I called the embassy trying to reach a manager or something but they said that there is no manager.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you kidding ? OMG.

Did they say if he's going to receive the visa once the DNA results are back ?

Good Luck to you !!

Edited by Hollis

I-130 re-submitted 05-22-2009

June 3rd 2009 - Rec Hardcopy NOA 1

June 5th 2009 - Touched

August 21 2009 - Touched

August 24 2009 - APPROVED - NOA 2

Sept 1st 2009 - NVC Rec - Case # assigned

Timeline
I'm so sorry they are putting you through this (F)(F)

I don't understand though...your daughter is in the U.S....its not like you were filing for her to come here...

Exactly.

I have already contacted my congressman's office. I called the embassy trying to reach a manager or something but they said that there is no manager.

It seems they could not find any other reason to delay the case. I hope your congressman can do something about this. It makes no sense to me. Still praying for you. This really scares me.

Edited by Onekea

Timeline

Well,

We are heading out to do the test tomorrow morning at 10:30AM. I am not going to wait another day. In the mean time, i am writing a letter that authorizes my congressman's office to help me. The good news is that they will issue the visa after the test results are recieved.

Timeline

Well the lord is till good thank him for his mercies . It could have been worst but that god it wasn't. Its like when myself and wife went to register our daughter as a USC we were married before the birth of this child we had a to do a DNA test before she could have been registered. And we had a second child went to register her still had to do DNA. Although its stated that once DNA is done on one sibling a DNA is not required for the other from the same parents. And that was two years after the birth of the first. Wen i told the officer at the window. she said my first child DNA record can't be found. The Embassy in GT is scary.

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.