stephanieh_67

SCAMMED FOR A GREEN CARD

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Stephanie - I'm so sorry to hear this - may you find a soft place to fall real soon. ((((((((Stephanie))))))) I realize it might be hard to share, but if you'd be so kind to share your story it might help some others to understand what you went through.

And to anyone else out there who wants to ####### on her or her story and not believe her, she's not a troll/not trying to stir up anything on the MENA board...she's been on VJ since 2004 and she came back to let you all know what she went through, same with Wendy aka Heartland, too. They've been there, done that, and have the USCIS T-shirt to prove it. There are many women and men who experience marriage fraud, yet they are just too ashamed to come back to VJ to say what happened to them - for those that do, bless them for being forthcoming and baring their soul. It takes a big person to say that they were conned or scammed, and it takes a very little person to bash their head in and crush their heart and spirit when they feel like they can trust this board to share.

Many of you are soooo new to this whole process - you've been married or dating your spouse for a year or two, without living and I mean living day in day out with them - just waiting for a visa. Getting the visa is the easiest part of this whole journey - (for those like Brni, M4E, Kiya, etc - you all are the exception and my heart goes out to you for what you've gone through.):star: You do not know what they are like fully until they are here on your soil, living with you, and working through day to day life. When you have enjoyed that opportunity and begin to understand what all of this entails, you will appreciate where certain people are coming from. I wish that every person entering into a USC/foreign marriage had the most honest of intentions, but they do not...that is why there are high-fraud consulates, and sadly, this board, the MENA board, is made up of the bulk of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Staashi :thumbs: you're right.

Stephanie - sorry that things didn't work out and I hope you can move past this all soon.

I think that people get upset because it seems like some come to post "HE USED ME!!!" and that's it. It's hard for others to understand how, what, why etc happened. For those who do want to look out for this then it's good to know what's going on.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

I'm so sorry to hear that things went sour. I hate to hear that yet another one of us has had to endure green card fraud. I would, however, like to hear a little bit more of the situation so as to better understand it. GCF is a difficult thing to go through and maybe it would help another person if they could see what red flags led you to believe that this is indeed what happened.

GCF can and does happen after many years. The men/women that commit this crime are ready to "waste" 3, 5, 10, or more years of their lives in order to get set up here. They are what are known as "sleepers". There are many different kinds of sleepers. There are the ones that come to the country and wait (sleep) sometimes 20 years before they bring forth terror upon a city/town by planting a bomb or something of that nature, then there are the ones that are GCF cases who basically do the same by "serving their time" before comitting the crime.

Don't knock a persons feelings toward a situation since those are the true feelings that the person is feeling and when they state them here, they are wanting to either give a heads up to the others, or just plain needing a shoulder. I know I've used this board when I needed a shoulder no matter how petty it may have seemed to some of the readers.

When ppl feel they have been used for GCF and they want to give a heads up, this is one of the ways they are able to start the healing process (GCF or not). They are doing all they can do to possibly help someone somewhere to know they are not alone OR maybe, just maybe, prevent this from happening to someone else. It may or may not seem like a good idea to some but it really might help someone.

I wish you will find your path of sunlight in the near future. You deserve all the happiness in the world and don't let anyone deter you from finding it. {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}]

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My heart is very sad for you.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
hg0206.gif
comment.gif

Here are some of my favorite web sites when I am extremely depressed about my life, it anything it will give you a good laugh and sweet dreams.
http://www.makehimpay.net/get-revenge.html
http://www.thepayback.com/

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im so sorry to hear this (F)

i know that if its a green card they are after some play it for years some play it short time but what ever the length of time its so painful and hurtful to the USA person........i can not say anything that others have not already said but i will put u in my prayers

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for posting. I do hope you can come back and tell us more, so that we can better understand (F)

There is a lot of fraud out of MENA. Anyone who's been to a net cafe has probably seen the young men lining up for computer time to chat up their prospective tickets to the US. We all have reasons why we believe our men aren't like that, but we shouldn't ignore that this does happen. I would be very interested in hearing more, to see how everything went down and try to get a general understanding of how it all works. Granted, I'm sure it's not all the same, but there has to be some common theme, some thread, something for a better understanding.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Here's something to make you all think about getting scammed or not: http://marriagepartner.com/forum/

Do a search on the foreign marriages...it will scare you.

Edited by Staashi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Stephanie, I am so sorry about your situation. I hope you are able to move on and forget about him.

BTW- I just noticed you are from Kenosha-I am in Racine. If you wanna talk pm me for my email.

terrie

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Staashi :thumbs: Always great with words...

I'm sorry for your pain, OP. There are no words to describe what you're going through but if you do feel like you want to talk here and tell your story, we are here to listen!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Nobody has the right to attack the OP and claim that she is stirring up drama. It could happen to anybody, no matter how secure you think your relationship is. I read all the posts in another related thread about "Oh I'm sorry for you but that would never happen to me". ####### ever. It could happen to any of us. It happens to more people than you would realize because the majority of them don't post about it on VJ.

Don't add insult to injury by jumping her case. She came here for support. She feels that she was used by this guy, nobody knows her marriage better than her.

:thumbs:

(F) I hope you find the strength and answers you need

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.