faith

AOS denied... please help!

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Faith, can you get the screwed up copy of the form from USCIS, and then shove it in the dr's face and say "see see, you screwed up here you moron!"

Well, actually, probably want to be a little more polite than that, although I know I'd want to throttle them at this point. Maybe a copy of the screwed up form and a copy of the form filled out correctly to illustrate the differences?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for ya'll :luv:

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, at the infopass appointment we were told that we need the doctor to sign a letter saying they screwed up. She recommended that we go down there right away and sit there until we get something. We spent the entire day at the doctor's... and well, after being treated horribly (accused of lying, accused of "playing some game" etc) We were able to speak by phone to an administrator. She said she'd look into it and then call us back today. The congressman is also supposed to call us back today after speaking with USCIS to see what they can do. Johnny made another infopass appointment for Thursday to see if we can reopen without this letter from the doctor. My dad wants me to sue the doctor for 1) screwing up and 2) not fixing it.

We'll see, I guess. I'm not sure what else to do at this point...

No one wants to admit they made a mistake. Losers.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Well I would at least threaten him with sueing unless he gives you the letter you need - crazy situation. I think USCIS are at fault here too, I mean they told you he filled it out wrong, so how is that your fault.

I am just so sorry.

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Tell them you're going to sue their a$$es off if it's not fixed IMMEDIATELY.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Faith,..best to go to a different recognized uscis surgeon and get the form filled out..threats are good way to blow off steam but this is serious and needs to be taken care of as soon as possible...this chopf##ks are cold and pricks..they do not care ..go somewhere else..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

oh, we have the correct form filled out .... we demanded that on friday when Johnny was at the dr. They were happy to do that, just not give us anything that said they screwed up.

oh and the nurse that screwed up the paperwork no longer works there so they can't "prove" what she did. *rolls my eyes*

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Timeline

oh, we have the correct form filled out .... we demanded that on friday when Johnny was at the dr. They were happy to do that, just not give us anything that said they screwed up.

oh and the nurse that screwed up the paperwork no longer works there so they can't "prove" what she did. *rolls my eyes*

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Like everyone else here, I am so sorry to hear you suffering through this. :( Now it has me filled with spectres of what "could go wrongs". It irritates me that USCIS couldn't just tell you that your form was in error and ask you to go back out and get it corrected. >:(

(F) Your patience is indeed a virtue.

You should see if you can get a copy of the I-693 (I hope that's the number) with the justification you believe it's the doctor's error and you need a copy to demonstrate this. Push for a photocopy and see where it gets you, and keep escalating if it won't get you anywhere. I would also look at the method for raising a complaint if he's on the official list of civil surgeons.

In the meantime, I agree, if you can afford to do so see another civil surgeon if you haven't got all the forms you need. I would also go directly into the administrator's office if at all possible and really state your point. Threats aside, you need to be there and someone that can't be brushed off. Demand to know where the records would be kept, ask to see your patient record/details, and the whole nine yards.

Also, if the nurse isn't there, that should be passed along to USCIS. "The people necessary to prove this motion was in error conveniently are no longer available."

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would bet you a hundred dollars that she ( or he ) does still work there. That is the answer they chose to get you off their ###.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Timeline

it wouldn't surprise me if she did work there. You know what she sent in to USCIS? A freaking vaccination card (you know the ones we all have that says what shots we've had)! How stupid can you get?

Right now, the focus is on getting this case reopened tomorrow with our new form... after that I'm dealing with that stupid doc's office. I just need that "you have till march 9th to leave the country" thing to go away.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Faith, I agree with the other poster above, see if their is a way to make an official complaint against a Civil Surgeon. Although this will not solve everything, it will at least demonstrate to the USCIS this was not something you had knowledge of.

I still just cannot believe they blamed you and issued a denial - just like that - what is up with the USCIS!!!

Timeline

we are going to lodge a complaint. like i said, j is going in there tomorrow and finding out what's next to do.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Timeline

Hubby is on his way to the infopass appointment as we speak.. wish us luck!

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wishing you all the best and hope this is resolved today. Keep us posted and sending lots of mojo your way.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.