faith

AOS denied... please help!

121 posts in this topic

The thing that angers me so much is that WE didn't screw up... The doctor's office that USCIS told us to go to screwed up. I'm seriously considering a lawyer at this point based on some other stuff that I've read.... problem is, I'll have to beg, borrow the money to get one at this point since J is no longer allowed to work.

Really!!!! You do what you are supposed to do and this happens. #######? I actually saw that our doctor filled ours wrong too and I caught them. He did it again and said "I might as well do it right". Gee thanks.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My AOS was denied too, we sent in a vaccination supplement for our RFE instead of the whole medical, because we've been adviced to do so by the immigration help line... and apparently it wasn't a good advice.

We decided to refile AOS from the start, instead of trying to reopen the case, but I made a research on how to reopen a case (motion to reopen) in the meanwhile before we decided on what to do. Hope it helps you:

Motion to Reopen

The motion can be in letter form, since there is no form for filing a motion to reopen. The requirements for the reopen letter are:

A ) In writing and signed by the affected party or the attorney or representative of record, if any;

B ) accompanied by the fee ($385),

C ) Accompanied by a statement about whether or not the validity of the unfavorable decision has been or is the subject of any judicial proceeding and, if so, the court, nature, date, and status or result of the proceeding; (i.e., that is has not been the subject of any judicial proceeding in your case)

D ) Addressed to the official having jurisdiction; (the one who signed the denial letter)

E ) Submitted to the office maintaining the record upon which the unfavorable decision was made for forwarding to the official having jurisdiction. (Although I heard that whatever has a fee attached to it has to go through Chicago Lockbox first, they would take the money and issue a NOA, then forward the case to the right office whoever made the decision about your denial. So I think you would have to send it to "..the office who decided on denial.., c/o Chicago Lockbox" to the Chicago address, but I cannot tell for sure).

Along with a letter outlining why your case should be reopened, submit a notarized affidavit describing what happened. To be successful, you must prove that there are new facts to be provided in the reopened proceeding and that claim must be supported by affidavits or other documentary evidence.

There are some people who successfully reopened their case at http://britishexpats.com/forum in the US Marriage Based Visas, you can search "aos denial" in there and find some information.

Good luck!

Edited by Anastasia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

i'm going to sue the pants off the doctor's office if we have to pay another fee for this case. That with the lost wages would be the straw that broke the camel's back. THEY screwed up, not us.

Johnny just dropped me off and left to go to the doctor and then USCIS. He'll call me when he leaves the doctor's office and then again when he leaves USCIS and let me know what happened.

I'm going to call him in a minute and reiterate how important it is for him to demand some sort of admission of wrongdoing from the doctor.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

wow faith, just wrong,. st louis gave juliya hell to...what is up with those people?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

i don't know, i really don't. I'm sitting on pins and needles right now waiting to see what happens with my hubby today.

I called my ex husband and vented to him a little bit.. he was like "holy #######, that's crazy... you better raise some hell." And that's what I feel like right now.... I was so upset and defeated last night.... but now I've moved into the anger stage.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Timeline

FYI: Faith, I noticed in your post that you hd drafted a letter and headed it Motion to Reconsider. Letter should be entitled "Motion to Reopen" if you wish to add evidence, such as a corrected doctor's form.

Motion to Reconsider would be used if you wish USCIS to look at the medical form already submitted and review their decision.

Good luck!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

faith,

You may not need an ace, possibly a ten or even a duece will do, but a joker will not cut it.

Stick to the other plans that you have outlined and don't cloud the important issues with irrelevant ones.

Yodrak

I hate to play that "i'm pregnant (whine) " card... but if I have to I will. It won't hurt that I'm very obviously pregnant when it comes to getting people to at least feel sorry for us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

calvin%20hug-thumb.jpg

While I can't offer any useful advice, I'm sending positive vibes your way :luv: Also, I volunteer to come down there and give the dr a few good kicks in the shins.

Stupid USCIS, it's obvious it's the dr's fault :ranting:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
i'm going to sue the pants off the doctor's office if we have to pay another fee for this case. That with the lost wages would be the straw that broke the camel's back. THEY screwed up, not us.

That is definately your saving grace in this complete fiasco! The Doctor is the one at fault...this is absolutely outrageous :angry:

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

well he's at the doctor's office right now. and surprise surprise, they refuse to admit guilt... they actually said "you can't prove it that you showed us the letter from USCIS" He's still there waiting to talk to an administrator (which all are in a meeting right now.... doesn't that sound just right?) and then if he doesn't get answers I am going to call. I honestly feel right now that this doctor's office is trying to take advantage of someone who they feel "doesn't know any better". They actually told him, well, pay us $110 and we'll let you see a doctor and fill out a new form, but we won't admit we were wrong.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

well he's at the doctor's office right now. and surprise surprise, they refuse to admit guilt... they actually said "you can't prove it that you showed us the letter from USCIS" He's still there waiting to talk to an administrator (which all are in a meeting right now.... doesn't that sound just right?) and then if he doesn't get answers I am going to call. I honestly feel right now that this doctor's office is trying to take advantage of someone who they feel "doesn't know any better". They actually told him, well, pay us $110 and we'll let you see a doctor and fill out a new form, but we won't admit we were wrong.

those ###### chopf##ks/...........

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Faith...

You have no idea how sorry I am.... but I also know it doesn't help :(

I agree 1000% - it's the doctor's fault, he would better fix.

Good luck.

Ana

Jaylen,

it was Anastasia...

we have very similar nicks and write in similar threads, so it might be confusing.

I didn't have any problems... I am Anastassia with 2 s.

Regards,

Ana

Oops sorry hun - color me confused

here's the http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...................

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Faith, I'm also sorry to hear what happened to you and what you are going through. I share your anger at the civil surgeon who signed a wrong form, the USCIS officer's judgement that it was your fault, and whoever at the civil surgeon's office that is making an irrelevant point just to avoid his/her responsibility. I'm praying with others to support you and for things to be straighten out for you as soon as possible.

Buddhist_virgo (F1 student from Japan) & Bonsai_lover (Kentuckian)

---Our Wedding & AOS Timeline ---

9/9/05 Got our marriage license.

10/1/05 Our wedding :)

10/4/05 Mailed out our signed marriage license.

10/5/05 Completed medical exam & MMR/DPT boosters in Louisville for $220.

Hubby called IRS to request tax transcripts.

10/6/05 Received our marriage certificate.

10/7/05 Had TB skin test read and received the results and its copy for my info.

Hubby got his employment letter.

10/10/05 Bought a $10 passport photo making software to do it ourselves.

10/11/05 Received tax transcripts from IRS.

10/18/05 Hubby got I-864 notarized.

Got my birth certificate translation certified by a prof at my school.

10/20/05 Shipped my I-130/AOS/EAD application packet to Chicago by certified mail with delivery confirmation!

10/23/05 My packet delivered to the lockbox.

10/24/05 Delivery confirmation signed.

11/4/04 Received NOA1 for all applications!

(Received Date: 10/23/05; Notice Date: 10/31/05; Touched: 11/3/05; Checks Cashed: 11/04/04)

11/8/05, 11/9/05, 11/15/05 I-130 and EAD touched again.

12/27/05 EAD touched again.

12/31/05 Got a bio/fp appointment for AOS and EAD.

1/11/06 Had my bio/fp taken in Cincinnati.

1/11/06 AOS touched. Moving forward again. No touch on I-130, though....Weird.

1/12/06 Received EAD approval by email!

1/14/06 Received EAD in mail!!

3/7/06 Interview scheduled on 5/10/06 in Louisville.

5/10/06 AOS approved! (GC received on 5/18)

The doctors are probably not going to admit it, that they did the wrong thing, if it opens them to being sued by you... This is the sad case today about people running scared of law suits. No-one admits liability.

I hope that ISN'T the case with you - or that USCIS just take the new paperwork and re-do your file.

Good luck Faith :thumbs:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Faith,

I just PM'd you the contact details of the USCIS liason in Governor Shimkus's office who was an invaluable help regarding my EAD issues. I'd assume as you live pretty close to me that she would be in a position to look into your case like she looked into mine.

I strongly suggest that you call her ASAP to see if she has any suggestions or advice on what you should be doing. She was VERY knowledgable about the entire process and was often able to get me answers the same day.

Really sorry to hear that you have run into the problem. Hope you can get it sorted quickly.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.