lachifa

Age difference will matter for K1 Visa

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!

I'm new here.....but i think that this site will help me a lot with the documents my boyfriend and I need for the K-1 Visa.

He is a U.S. citizen and I'm from Peru. We have a difference in our ages...about 19 years. We just want to be together, that's all that really matter to us..but I'd read in some web pages, that a lot of times, Embassy denies the K-1 visa, because of the age difference..and I'm crazy about that because that really shouldn't matter.

We are trying to know whta is better to us.... if the K-1 visa or the K-3...

We want to make this work, but we need some good advice from you guys.

I hope you can help us.

P.S: ooohhh I forget to tell, that we met for the first time on December 31.. and it's says that we should see us at least for 2 years..so that means that we can not apply for that kind of visa??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

me and my wife are 13 years apart and ours went through in the toughest consulte of them all.

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Hi!

I'm new here.....but i think that this site will help me a lot with the documents my boyfriend and I need for the K-1 Visa.

He is a U.S. citizen and I'm from Peru. We have a difference in our ages...about 19 years. We just want to be together, that's all that really matter to us..but I'd read in some web pages, that a lot of times, Embassy denies the K-1 visa, because of the age difference..and I'm crazy about that because that really shouldn't matter.

I hope you can help us.

P.S: ooohhh I forget to tell, that we met for the first time on December 31.. and it's says that we should see us at least for 2 years..so that means that we can not apply for that kind of visa??

Do you mean that you meet fot thr first time Dec 31 2008?

If so, that is going to be a bigger problem than any age difference.

You really should consider not filing for a few months so that there is time to build evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Edited by geezer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did not read the P.s part yes I agree with th above statement.

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is acceptable for the man to be much older than the woman to the point that he could be her grandfather.

However if the woman is at all older than the man you are much more apt to have issues. All is not fair.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
Hi!

I hope you can help us.

I wpuld not worry about the age difference, my fiancee(now wife) is over 30yrs younger. We did not meet any road blocks because of that( maybe some curious looks). If you are sincere and have good documentation you will be fine.

Timeline
Hi!

I hope you can help us.

You really should consider not filing for a few months so that there is time to build evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Well, yes..I think so. But now we are thinking about maybe asking for the K-3 Visa. He is coming on June, because of his vacations.....so we are thinking that if we really realize that K-1 is not good for us, then we want to get married in Lima and ask for the other one...but I think that it would take us longer...or am I wrong.

Timeline
Hi!

I hope you can help us.

I wpuld not worry about the age difference, my fiancee(now wife) is over 30yrs younger. We did not meet any road blocks because of that( maybe some curious looks). If you are sincere and have good documentation you will be fine.

Thanks so much for your answer. We think about that too. We are not going to lie about anything. He will talk to an inmigration lawyer, to see what's the best for us..and if they dont give me the visa.... :unsure: well, he would come here and live in Lima! LOL

P.S: ooohhh I forget to tell, that we met for the first time on December 31.. and it's says that we should see us at least for 2 years..so that means that we can not apply for that kind of visa??[/font][/font

The requirement is that you have met (In Person) within the past two years. There is no requirement to have been together for any length of time.

Hi!

I hope you can help us.

Well, yes..I think so. But now we are thinking about maybe asking for the K-3 Visa. He is coming on June, because of his vacations.....so we are thinking that if we really realize that K-1 is not good for us, then we want to get married in Lima and ask for the other one...but I think that it would take us longer...or am I wrong.

My wife and I have a very large age difference. I considered a K-1 but due to the age difference and the fact that she was preggy we decided to get married there. I wanted to get our life together started and I was not going to let the immigration process interfer with that so that was the best decesion for us.

If you were to go the K-1 route it would probably be better to file after he comes there this next time. If you are like me you would marry there and then file CR1. No one way works best for everyone

Hi!

I hope you can help us.

My wife and I have a very large age difference. I considered a K-1 but due to the age difference and the fact that she was preggy we decided to get married there. I wanted to get our life together started and I was not going to let the immigration process interfer with that so that was the best decesion for us.

If you were to go the K-1 route it would probably be better to file after he comes there this next time. If you are like me you would marry there and then file CR1. No one way works best for everyone

I am 20 years older than my wife, it was never even addressed at any point of the process, I met my wife last December 07 and applied 2 months later in Feb 08, that was not a problem, however I did return to her country to see her 4 times throughout the waiting process,, and attended the interview. Proof of ongoing relationship at the interview seems to be the main focus, so collect as much as possibl

good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Hi!

I hope you can help us.

[/color]

wrong!!

they have to have met within the last 2 years, and they have, they can file tomorrow, as long as they have been within the last 2 years before they file, it wont cause an issue.

Please please for future purposes, if you are going to give advice please make sure it is correct

Hi!

I hope you can help us.

why? they can file now if they really want to. how MANY times they have met is not the issue, its if they met or not and they have.

to the OP, if your going to go the K1 route and you want to file now, then file now, you met 12/31/08, atleast you have met, it will not be against you if you file right now.

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

why? they can file now if they really want to. how MANY times they have met is not the issue, its if they met or not and they have.

to the OP, if your going to go the K1 route and you want to file now, then file now, you met 12/31/08, atleast you have met, it will not be against you if you file right now.

My interpretation of the situation is that they meet for the first time 2 weeks ago.

That they dont have evidence of a bonafide relationship prior to that. I could be wrong about that, but if I'm not, I'm skeptical they will not serous face questions regarding a bonafide relationship after meeting and filing in a 2 week span espically with an age difference.

Of course no one should file or not file based on what they read on this board..thats thier own decision all they can get here is others experience and opinions and decide for themself.

Edited by geezer

We are 23 years apart on age, No Problemo at Interview.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

wrong!!

they have to have met within the last 2 years, and they have, they can file tomorrow, as long as they have been within the last 2 years before they file, it wont cause an issue.

Please please for future purposes, if you are going to give advice please make sure it is correct

There was a list of red flags awhile back. A brief relationship, followed by a very fast plunge into matrimony, was listed as one of them. Makes sense to me - not saying the OP's relationship is fraudulent, but rather that a quick wedding would have obvious appeal to a fraudulent couple. (Why bother taking time to ensure that you're really compatible, if there's no relationship to start with?)

You know, now that I read the OP's posting again, I'm noticing he says that the two of them "met for the first time on December 31." OP, could you clarify for us - do you mean that you had never known of each other before then? Or was this a face-to-face meeting that you'd been leading up to for awhile with emails, phone calls, and the like?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.