Yoink

IDF unveils Hamas map seized in Gaza

57 posts in this topic

The designation of "terrorism" gets pretty fuzzy when it comes to situations like this.

Shooting rockets into Israel and conducting suicide bombings IS terrorism.

Fighting back against a military incursion into your territory isn't.

Hamas is a terrorist organisation - but that doesn't mean everything they do is a terrorist act.

So they are only a problem when they actually carry out an act of terrorism? While they are planning their acts, and trying to figure out ways to take Israel off the map, followed by the entire west, they are just nutjobs?

I think the threat they pose to Israel is vastly inflated. Hamas' actions towards Israel certainly do cause terror and mayhem towards Israel's its citizens and infrastructure but they simply don't have the capacity to "take Israel off the map", regardless of their declared goals.

The problem is that there is no progress on this issue, and it isn't purely the fault of the Palestinians. Hamas doesn't really have anything to lose doing what they do and they're driven as much by petty revenge as by ideology. Israel by contrast, never seems to have any other ideas on how to deal with this problem than roll tanks into civilian settlements and bomb them from the air and with artillery (passing the buck on the civilian casualties to Hamas). The idea seems to be to knock over the anthill every six months or so and give them a few months of breathing room - then the entire cycle repeats again.

Pointless. And stupid.

have another one :devil:

Edited by ={Rogue}=

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep that $hit to yourself. Otherwise I might end up like you:

bumfight.jpg

:rofl:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

I think the threat they pose to Israel is vastly inflated. Hamas' actions towards Israel certainly do cause terror and mayhem towards Israel's its citizens and infrastructure but they simply don't have the capacity to "take Israel off the map", regardless of their declared goals.

The problem is that there is no progress on this issue, and it isn't purely the fault of the Palestinians. Hamas doesn't really have anything to lose doing what they do and they're driven as much by petty revenge as by ideology. Israel by contrast, never seems to have any other ideas on how to deal with this problem than roll tanks into civilian settlements and bomb them from the air and with artillery (passing the buck on the civilian casualties to Hamas). The idea seems to be to knock over the anthill every six months or so and give them a few months of breathing room - then the entire cycle repeats again.

Pointless. And stupid.

If Canada started lobbing inaccurate and low yield missiles across the US border indiscriminately the issue would not be, well they aren't doing 'too' much damage...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pointless. And stupid.

If Canada started lobbing inaccurate and low yield missiles across the US border indiscriminately the issue would not be, well they aren't doing 'too' much damage...

Sure, but I think someone would question the sanity of the reprisals if the US started bombing Montreal and killing people in the hundreds.

Dont let the sympathizer change the subject!

― Andrew Wilkow

It would be ok as long as casualties were confined to French Canadians... :whistle:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

It would be ok as long as casualties were confined to French Canadians... :whistle:

Its his game, he always answers a question with a question.

― Andrew Wilkow

Store rockets in mosque = mosque goes BOOM.

simple math.... even for libdrools.

But how do you FEEL about it?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just blatant proof that Hamas uses civilian areas to target Israelis...

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

Nice justification there for killing babies and children. No fear though, Olmert gave the finger to the UN and is now killing more babies and children. You can rest in peace knowing that there will be less babies and children each day of this insane war. That is if you can rest in peace knowing there's blood on your hands.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nice justification there for killing babies and children. No fear though, Olmert gave the finger to the UN and is now killing more babies and children. You can rest in peace knowing that there will be less babies and children each day of this insane war. That is if you can rest in peace knowing there's blood on your hands.

how is there blood on that poster's hands? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Aren't they Israeli?

I meant to say your country's hands.

Edited by humpkinpumpkin

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

It is very sad to see babies and children living in fear and dying on both sides.

However, as I've said before, war is war and unfortunately due to the idiotic savage decisions that Hamas has made over the years, randomly sending rockets into Israel for no rhyme or reason, Israel HAD to respond and they did and I hope they get to finish what they had planned. And trust me, they didn't just wake up one morning and say "Oh lets go get them".

The blood is on Hamas' hands, not anyone else......

Is Israel just supposed to sit back and say "Hit me with your best shot" day in and day out. No country in the world would let this happen to them and not respond.

If someone came to your house, stood at your front door with a cheap hand made gun and took a shot at your child and missed and you had a gun, wouldn't you grab it and shoot back ?????

Edited by MandR

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Aren't they Israeli?

I meant to say your country's hands.

Civilians die in war... and in Terrorism... you want a ratio of military personel to civilians from both sides? Please... just because I support Israel doesnt make me a monster that wants to see babies die. I support the big picture ideology which is the cessation of terrorism and the hope for a lasting peace. The devil is in the details and the execution (where babies die and soldiers are kidnapped, and Palestinean leadership continually refuse 2state options and peaceful measures)

Yes it is an insane war brought on by insane philosophy.. that being the mindset that one's people is somehow morally justified to completely destroy another... no swithing words there I mean Hamas' attitude toward Israel.

I dont care about overwelhming or disporportionate force. It is those measures that keep Terrorists from building enough military infrastructure to conduct their ultimate goals... I dont care if you are Egyptian, or Saudi or whomever, cause if Hamas is even 1% successful in their goal that is the end game in the middle east.

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.