Yoink

IDF unveils Hamas map seized in Gaza

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Just blatant proof that Hamas uses civilian areas to target Israelis...

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Halamish said that the map showed how Hamas does not hesitate to use civilian infrastructure for its terrorist activity. On the map, a brown dot is marked next to a mosque representing a nearby sniper position.
Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This is pretty much what guerila warfare is - when its conducted within the confines of a densely populated urban area.

Really? Guerilla warfare? Not "atrocities"?

Guess it's ok when Hamas does it.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This is pretty much what guerila warfare is - when its conducted within the confines of a densely populated urban area.

Hey - I'm not endorsing it. Just saying that given the mismatch in firepower between the two sides - the approach doesn't seem illogical or surprising.

Edited by Paul Daniels

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey - I'm not endorsing it. Just saying that given the mismatch in firepower between the two sides - the approach doesn't seem illogical or surprising.

But kill *your own* civilians? Can you imagine Israel or the US doing that? At least the IDF

are killing enemy civilians.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

No I can't imagine it. But the results speak for themselves - Israel has killed more noncombatants than Hamas has, and in the post WW2 era its more difficult to justify the unilateral invasion of a weak country by a stronger one.

Edited by Paul Daniels

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's times like this i need a radical mena protester holding a sign saying that. :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oh come on Paul !! Hamas are murdering their own people! I agree this is not surprising - they are a TERRORIST organization !!! The sooner Israel declares Hamas extinct - the better.

Timeline

The designation of "terrorism" gets pretty fuzzy when it comes to situations like this.

Shooting rockets into Israel and conducting suicide bombings IS terrorism.

Fighting back against a military incursion into your territory isn't.

Hamas is a terrorist organisation - but that doesn't mean everything they do is a terrorist act.

Oh come on Paul !! Hamas are murdering their own people! I agree this is not surprising - they are a TERRORIST organization !!! The sooner Israel declares Hamas extinct - the better.

:thumbs: Why not, Hamas has already declared Israel extinct.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
The designation of "terrorism" gets pretty fuzzy when it comes to situations like this.

Hamas is a terrorist organisation - but that doesn't mean everything they do is a terrorist act.

That is a weak argument to say that Hamas doesnt'deserve what is coming at themselves just cause it is taking place in Gaza. Terrorism meanings aside. And while you can say they are "defending" themselves in their territories they are still conducting terrorism acts and getting their friends (Hizzbolah) to participate in even more terrorism.

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

So they are only a problem when they actually carry out an act of terrorism? While they are planning their acts, and trying to figure out ways to take Israel off the map, followed by the entire west, they are just nutjobs?

Timeline

That is a weak argument to say that Hamas doesnt'deserve what is coming at themselves just cause it is taking place in Gaza. Terrorism meanings aside. And while you can say they are "defending" themselves in their territories they are still conducting terrorism acts and getting their friends (Hizzbolah) to participate in even more terrorism.

It would be a weak argument - if that were my argument.

Timeline

So they are only a problem when they actually carry out an act of terrorism? While they are planning their acts, and trying to figure out ways to take Israel off the map, followed by the entire west, they are just nutjobs?

I think the threat they pose to Israel is vastly inflated. Hamas' actions towards Israel certainly do cause terror and mayhem towards Israel's its citizens and infrastructure but they simply don't have the capacity to "take Israel off the map", regardless of their declared goals.

The problem is that there is no progress on this issue, and it isn't purely the fault of the Palestinians. Hamas doesn't really have anything to lose doing what they do and they're driven as much by petty revenge as by ideology. Israel by contrast, never seems to have any other ideas on how to deal with this problem than roll tanks into civilian settlements and bomb them from the air and with artillery (passing the buck on the civilian casualties to Hamas). The idea seems to be to knock over the anthill every six months or so and give them a few months of breathing room - then the entire cycle repeats again.

Pointless. And stupid.