thetreble

New Year, New Diet...

213 posts in this topic

With all this wonderful information in this thread I did want to point out...YMMV. Translated, Your Milage May Vary. What works for someone, might not work for someone else. That includes what we eat. Since I have to take my blood glucose readings I know that something that says it's necessarily lower on the GI scale, or if I'm counting carbs might be low, or lower than something else, might mean that it still might not be a good food choice for me, if it's reflected in a spike in my BG.

Nothing I said is anything new. I'm certainly not a food guru either, I just wanted to point out that it's great to read nutritional information on food you eat, but it might not necessarily translate into what your body needs, or wants.

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with you Carla. Everyone is different in terms of what their body wants and needs. I know for myself if I'm not fairly low carb I don't do well at all. That being said I know some people that if you cut their carbs down at all they're like walking zombies. I think it's important to know your body and to know what works best for you!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Other Timeline
I agree with you Carla. Everyone is different in terms of what their body wants and needs. I know for myself if I'm not fairly low carb I don't do well at all. That being said I know some people that if you cut their carbs down at all they're like walking zombies. I think it's important to know your body and to know what works best for you!

Experience of thousands of people on the Atkins diet (myself included) shows that the "zombie" feeling goes away after about 3 days of DTs from carb withdrawls.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did Weight Watchers last year and lost about 50 lbs, which was great. But once I slacked off a little, it all started to come back :( Now I'm really big and unhappy (Kinda like those Slimquick commercials lol), and my hubby refuses to eat diet food. I've been cooking us healthier stuff, but my body won't shed pounds unless I'm on a really strict diet or starving myself, which I really don't want to do...

So it seems that consistant exercise will be the best way to keep my weight in check. Trying to go to the gym every day, but I keep slacking off and missing a few here and there. I keep telling myself that exercise will eventually shed the pounds, but it's such a slooooow process that it can get very discouraging. :(

I've been thinking about buying P90X, as many of my co-workers swear by it...Although I don't really have a place to put the pullup bar. And as I'm not in the best shape now, I don't know if I'll actually stick with the program.

Anyone have any good experience with this workout program?

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just joined the VJ sparkteam, yay! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
I joined sparkpeople but couldn't stand the amount of ####### I'd find in my email every single day.

SAME HERE!! I just un-subscribed myself yesterday, the amount of e-mails was ridic.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually stopped tracking on there, simply because I've drastically changed the way I eat and no longer need to track it as much. I just calculate in my head now... which is working well!!

I'm down 8 pounds since Jan. 5th. I go to the gym 5x week (and actually really look forward to it), and average 1500 calories a day. I still indulge here or there, but my indulgences are much more reasonable and never put me too far over.

I was telling my friend, I don't how, but a lightbulb just went off in my head and for me it has been a complete lifestyle change. I don't miss the old me who was constantly tired, craving fast food and eating candy daily.

I actually read 50% of the emails they send, sometimes they give good advice, other times not so much!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I finally bought a scale last week.

Its such a liar though, I want to take it back and exchange it for another... but I'm afraid I'll find another liar again. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Its such a liar though, I want to take it back and exchange it for another... but I'm afraid I'll find another liar again. :P

All scales lie.. didn't the box say that?? at LEAST by 20 lbs :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

All scales lie.. didn't the box say that?? at LEAST by 20 lbs :)

Oh! Well then I'm alright then. :) *rummages through cupboard for Twix bar*

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.