thetreble

New Year, New Diet...

213 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Krikit...just cause you had some candy doesn't mean you can't start your new regime! :P I'm a firm believer in anything in moderation! As long as you're not allergic to it!

No worries, Amy. I really have started my new regime. :) In fact, I started it yesterday! I don't really count two halloween boxes of Smarties as falling off the wagon. I just thought it was funny. :lol:

Oh, and I'm going to take a look at sparkpeople too! Thanks for the link.

iagree.gif

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Laura, when you get back to NJ hop on messenger and talk to me. I've been on sparkpeople.com faithfully for awhile now and I can help you with it if you want to! It's the most awesome site.

I applaud everyone's efforts! You guys are doing well. You've already made the first step towards being healthier! :)

Amy, hi!!! :)

Sparkpeople is amazing (Sapphiredreams, thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting that link)

I cannot believe how awesome that site is. The meal planner page is INCREDIBLE!

They didn't have the yogurt we have so I added it. I cannot believe how easy it is either.

Amy, what's your profile, I want to add you as a friend :)

My user name is CanadianJewel.

:D

P.S. Krikit, hope the smarties were yum-o!!!

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ I have no idea!

My username on sparkpeople is my real name so if PM me if you want to add me. I haven't had much time to explore it all yet, I just track my food. I'm down 2 pounds this week, so I think it's definitely helping!

Edited by SapphireDreams

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

^^ I have no idea!

My username on sparkpeople is my real name so if PM me if you want to add me. I haven't had much time to explore it all yet, I just track my food. I'm down 2 pounds this week, so I think it's definitely helping!

Ooooh, good for you! Will PM you now.

my hubby is on spark people.. his user name is jelly sandwich or something ..lol

:lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hey guys! I'm TaktyxsGirl on sparkpeople. I'm glad that you don't think that a little bit of candy is falling off the wagon Krikit! I know that for the first time in my life I agree with you. Before that it would have been a whole "Okay, shut it down. That's it! It's all over now!" ~giggles~ I was so strict. It was SO black and white. Not anymore!

Yeah Laura, that is one thing I really notice, that sparkpeople is super easy to use. I've actually been a member since 2006, but haven't been consistent. They say to set goals for yourself, little mini ones as well as your end goal. They also say you should reward yourself when you reach your goals. Well, for a lot of people, most that I've seen on sparkpeople use a weight loss as a goal for their mini goals. I've tried that and it works backwards for me. I guess I feel SO much pressure to reach a certain weight by a certain date that I seem to take a step backwards or something. I've decided that my rewards are going to be for consistency instead. For every two weeks that I'm consistent with my exercise and eating, that's when I'll reward myself! I can do that much and the weight will come off from there. :P

Oh, and Krikit....the person's name that you put that referred you will get extra sparkpoints! They're something that I think are great for motivation, at least for me. And you get Sparkpoints for everything from tracking your food and water to posting on message boards.

Hey! I just had a great idea. We should create a VJ SparkTeam where we can get together and talk about the site and set challenges for ourselves etc. Let me know if you guys think it would be a good idea!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Hey guys! I'm TaktyxsGirl on sparkpeople. I'm glad that you don't think that a little bit of candy is falling off the wagon Krikit! I know that for the first time in my life I agree with you. Before that it would have been a whole "Okay, shut it down. That's it! It's all over now!" ~giggles~ I was so strict. It was SO black and white. Not anymore!

Yeah Laura, that is one thing I really notice, that sparkpeople is super easy to use. I've actually been a member since 2006, but haven't been consistent. They say to set goals for yourself, little mini ones as well as your end goal. They also say you should reward yourself when you reach your goals. Well, for a lot of people, most that I've seen on sparkpeople use a weight loss as a goal for their mini goals. I've tried that and it works backwards for me. I guess I feel SO much pressure to reach a certain weight by a certain date that I seem to take a step backwards or something. I've decided that my rewards are going to be for consistency instead. For every two weeks that I'm consistent with my exercise and eating, that's when I'll reward myself! I can do that much and the weight will come off from there. :P

Oh, and Krikit....the person's name that you put that referred you will get extra sparkpoints! They're something that I think are great for motivation, at least for me. And you get Sparkpoints for everything from tracking your food and water to posting on message boards.

Hey! I just had a great idea. We should create a VJ SparkTeam where we can get together and talk about the site and set challenges for ourselves etc. Let me know if you guys think it would be a good idea!

How about VJCanadaSparkTeam? or some kind of acronym?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

That sounds perfect Carla!

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hah! Im not the only one! I've been on Spark religiously every day entering my food. Its helped with so much! Helps me make wiser food choices for myself being the biggest thing. It's also been a great help with my new year purge. I feel great not drinking any beer during the week. I had half a glass on the weekend and that was it (moderation point +1!!) Ive even started making my own juices with the juicer I got for christmas although those are a bit harder to add in :s. I've also been forcing myself to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I fill up 2 Gatorade bottles (both at 32oz each) with some Brita and leave them in the fridge, or carry one with me. Works out great. Im loving spark :D

My name on there is (surprise surprise) xtinab

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

How about VJCanadaSparkTeam? or some kind of acronym?

That's a fantastic idea, Amy! Will our group be on sparkpeople or will it be on VJ? (sorry, I'm a bit confused.)

Sapphire, I'm off to join using your username. Check your points! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I really love "La Vache Qui Rit" cheese, or as it's called down here "Laughing Cow" cheese. It's low fat cheese and so good to spread on crackers or just eat on it's own! It's a treat for me, sooooo delicious.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

^^ I have no idea!

:o

Somebody's got my username already! :crying:

NOW, who will I be? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Krikit...the team will be on Sparkpeople. There are TONS of teams on the website, and maybe it would be neat to have one just for us VJ Canadians! I looked for you last night on there and I typed in Krikit and I was like...nope, definitely not her! How about Crikey? :P

I guess I'll go set that team up, be back in a bit! :D

Okay...back. The SparkTeam is set up. It's VJCanada if you guys want to join!

Edited by TheATeam

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.