LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

Hello Asante,

Long time no see. How r u doing? I've been reading your posts on student loans, and I just grit my teeth when I see that. I didn't take out any loans because I thought I couldn't handle the repayment of the loans. So I worked full time and studied full time. Being FOB then, I didn't know anything about credit and had no clue I could ease my course and work load somewhat with a loan. In a few years when you have that better job or qualify for something else, you're going to forget about the pain of the student loans. Besides, I think students should now lobby Congress to give a student loan bailout. Right?

Hello Asante,

Long time no see. How r u doing? I've been reading your posts on student loans, and I just grit my teeth when I see that. I didn't take out any loans because I thought I couldn't handle the repayment of the loans. So I worked full time and studied full time. Being FOB then, I didn't know anything about credit and had no clue I could ease my course and work load somewhat with a loan. In a few years when you have that better job or qualify for something else, you're going to forget about the pain of the student loans. Besides, I think students should now lobby Congress to give a student loan bailout. Right?

BTW, I peeked too. :devil:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello Asante,

Hey mama!!!! :star:

I wish they would give us a bailout but thats NOT gonna happen :angry::lol:

I'm hanging in there girl! :wacko::lol:

I always knew u were a freak on the low :whistle::rofl:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Hello Asante,

Hey mama!!!! :star:

I wish they would give us a bailout but thats NOT gonna happen :angry::lol:

I'm hanging in there girl! :wacko::lol:

I always knew u were a freak on the low :whistle::rofl:

I'm the worst kind. I wear my teacher shoes and granny glasses as cover. :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
oooo it's uno's birthday!

arg-happy-birthday-url.gif

and a personal pic from me to uno :luv::devil:

link

Anyone got a pin? :devil:

:o:blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Got my new years call from Africa already. He walked up to the top of the villiage to get a phone call put to me.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR celebration!!!!!! You guys have had me :lol::lol: this evening!!!! Asante Maroon you crack me up!!!!! I peeked at the picture too!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR celebration!!!!!! You guys have had me :lol::lol: this evening!!!! Asante Maroon you crack me up!!!!! I peeked at the picture too!!!!!

Forchika, you too? :lol:

Naughty Naughty :whistle::innocent:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Forchika, you too? :lol:

Naughty Naughty :whistle::innocent:

:lol::lol:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Add me to the naughty list too. :o

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey ya'll. I've been just enjoying my vacation and haven't been online much. I got your note and I have no problems with anyone on here. I'm so happy with my hubby, ya'll could set me on fire and I might not notice. :blush: I think that a lot of the recent bickering on SS is emotional. The holidays are a horrible time to be away from someone you love and it can be overwhelming watching others' joy no matter how much you wish them well. I hope everyone finds peace and has a wonderful New Year. God has much in store for all of us.

{Hugs!}

Z

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sure is a lot of peepers in here. :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Less than one and a half hours to go until New Years and I just want to bless everyone in SS and thank you all for being there for me this entire year. I first happened upon VJ in 2005 before my SO arrived and until this date, you are the only people who know and have walked this entire journey with me. 2008 rang in with my SO being hauled away to the "head farm" and then me trying to sort out the mess that was left behind. I know this is and has been a tough journey for some and I stand firm when I say that my situation is rare and unusual. I was lucky enough to experience mental illness in a loved one and should have played the lottery instead of learning about the various head diseases that exist. So to all who are still waiting for their SO's, I say many of your problems will be cultural. Find a way to work them out. To those whose SOs are here, find a way to things out. To those whose Sos aren't what you expected, live with what you have and work it out. To the ones who think their SOs need to be hauled away to the "head farm", run and jump in the wagon first because I think the "head farm" is might have answers that I don't have. :thumbs:

So I say good-bye to 2008, head farms, interviews gone wrong, black-mail, realizations that life won't be what I planned and hello to ????????????

Hugs,

Chispas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AMEN!

Hey ya'll. I've been just enjoying my vacation and haven't been online much. I got your note and I have no problems with anyone on here. I'm so happy with my hubby, ya'll could set me on fire and I might not notice. :blush: I think that a lot of the recent bickering on SS is emotional. The holidays are a horrible time to be away from someone you love and it can be overwhelming watching others' joy no matter how much you wish them well. I hope everyone finds peace and has a wonderful New Year. God has much in store for all of us.

{Hugs!}

Z

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Besides, I think students should now lobby Congress to give a student loan bailout. Right?

Wow! Great minds think a like. I was just telling my mom that a few months back. Stating lets start at the bottom where students are in CC debt and student loan dept, but can't get a job to pay this back. Eliminate the student loan dept so they can afford to take job that pays them less money, while getting through the recession.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.