SpiritAlight

Ridiclous gifts

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
my poor daughter got a big fat NOTHING from her grandparents on the ex's side. they told her ahead of time that they were not doing a gift exchange this year so she didnt expect nothing....i guess the they meant they were not haveing a gift exchange with her but everyone else they baught for. i felt so bad for her.

:(

that makes me sad Donna.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We got a Wii from my MIL.

We do not have, nor want, a TV.

What to do...

Sell it on eBay. Duh. :innocent:

my poor daughter got a big fat NOTHING from her grandparents on the ex's side. they told her ahead of time that they were not doing a gift exchange this year so she didnt expect nothing....i guess the they meant they were not haveing a gift exchange with her but everyone else they baught for. i felt so bad for her.

That is beyond fcuked up. To me, that puts them in the same category as pedophiles. Anyone that would harm a child is nothing but SICK!

No Christmas gift is the same as sexual abuse? :wacko:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow. Just, wow.

My ex's brothers always give my daughter something amazing....$200 gift card, tons of clothes (expensive that I'd never buy), etc. And they give my son...well let's see this year he got a remote control helicopter (he's 17) and last year he got a beaded bracelet from India (he's not gay or metrosexual....)

My 11 month son got NOTHING from my husband's father who (by the way) has TONS of money. So he couldn't buy a toy for his first and only grandson?????

But my mother-in-law did even better - we got a Christmas card from her that contained instructions what to do with her body after her death. :blink:

:wacko: Nice family you married into there .....

we just got normal gifts. Though a friend gave us 4 martini glasses, which was really nice, except someone else gave us 4 martini glasses and we got a set of 12 for our wedding, so apparently our friends want us to drink?!

We don't 'do' Christmas. We do immediate family only (the kids and each other) and everyone else gets either photos or candy. Too much stress. We go see a show as a family. This year Nutcracker, next year maybe Handel's Messiah, and we do a bunch of fun stuff together for free. I hate all the materialism.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

I bought an 8" telescope. Now if I can just figure out how to use it :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We don't 'do' Christmas. We do immediate family only (the kids and each other) and everyone else gets either photos or candy. Too much stress. We go see a show as a family. This year Nutcracker, next year maybe Handel's Messiah, and we do a bunch of fun stuff together for free. I hate all the materialism.

I need my husband to buy into this. Christmas has become a mad shopping frenzy upping each years price by the rate of inflation. its just getting stupid at this point. :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I need my husband to buy into this. Christmas has become a mad shopping frenzy upping each years price by the rate of inflation. its just getting stupid at this point. :wacko:

I'd say the main culprits are the media and commercials. The news media talks about "Black Friday" non-stop when it's getting close to the holidays and stores inundate TV viewers with rampant ads for their products. With those two in places, shoppers get hyped up and storm malls and individual stores in the high hopes of getting an overpriced item at 30-50% off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i got christmas tree ornaments from a co-worker, and we don't do christmas tree

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'd say the main culprits are the media and commercials. The news media talks about "Black Friday" non-stop when it's getting close to the holidays and stores inundate TV viewers with rampant ads for their products. With those two in places, shoppers get hyped up and storm malls and individual stores in the high hopes of getting an overpriced item at 30-50% off.

I agree DPX.

Cat, we just decided that enough was enough. This year P had just started working so we didn't really have much disposable income anyway, but really, the kids are old enough to understand that it's about family, not 'stuff.' They have other relatives who buy them 'stuff' anyway so I don't feel too bad :lol:

We do a traditional Southern German dinner, then open gifts, and then the day after Christmas we do the show. I just don't see the point in spending that kind of money on stuff. And why wait till Christmas anyway? If there's something you really want, just save up for it and buy it!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

That is beyond fcuked up. To me, that puts them in the same category as pedophiles. Anyone that would harm a child is nothing but SICK!

Seriously? I mean it totally sucks (*hiugz* Donna)...but pedophiles? :no:

My 11 month son got NOTHING from my husband's father who (by the way) has TONS of money. So he couldn't buy a toy for his first and only grandson?????

But my mother-in-law did even better - we got a Christmas card from her that contained instructions what to do with her body after her death. :blink:

ding ding ding we have a winner

Timeline

what kind? :)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

What to do...

No...didn't say it was the same...but to me all child abuse, sexual, mental, physical is wrong. Feel free to prioritize as you wish, but to me wrong is wrong.

There's not a "little wrong" way to abuse a child.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline

what kind? :)

watch your neighbors, duh

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow. Just, wow.

My ex's brothers always give my daughter something amazing....$200 gift card, tons of clothes (expensive that I'd never buy), etc. And they give my son...well let's see this year he got a remote control helicopter (he's 17) and last year he got a beaded bracelet from India (he's not gay or metrosexual....)

:wacko: Nice family you married into there .....

we just got normal gifts. Though a friend gave us 4 martini glasses, which was really nice, except someone else gave us 4 martini glasses and we got a set of 12 for our wedding, so apparently our friends want us to drink?!

Yeah, this family is something else. :whistle: They are just famous for driving me crazy. :wacko:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Timeline

What to do...

No...didn't say it was the same...but to me all child abuse, sexual, mental, physical is wrong. Feel free to prioritize as you wish, but to me wrong is wrong.

There's not a "little wrong" way to abuse a child.

Yeah, you kinda did....