Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

fSymsOGXOgyrx3fgWQZk3WFSo1_500.png

from the site garfield minus garfield :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I am hoping most people will be on holiday and this will be a mellow week. My security officer is on vacation so I have to also do his job! Ugh! Oh well, its better than the alternative! :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Good Morning

Annie those pictures are sweet and the babies are so adorable, thanks for sharing.

I had a very busy weekend starting with our work party at my boss' house. We got to leave at 2 15.

It was good food and drink of course with hubby meeting everyone for the first time.

Did some shopping after that.

Saturday was all shopping and running my 2 older kids from here and there to have fun with their friends and get

their shopping done.

Sunday was yet another family Christmas party which was delightful with hubby meeting my aunts, uncles and cousins for the first time. It was such wonderful food and warm cozy atmosphere.

now I am at work...I got a ton of things still left to finish up, dont know how I will by Wed evening.

I have to work tomorrow and 1/2 day Christmas Eve (as is stands right now) I am off Friday though :thumbs:

Have a good day, I am taking a late lunch to go see my daughter's Christmas music show at her school.

Those of you in the north and mid west....stay out of that cold

it is even low teens here with zero temps due to the windchill factor

Edited by sandrila

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Courtney did you really paint with midgets? Is it like an outreach program in your area or something? Sounds interesting.

Annie omg you took me back to my drinking days!!! After one too many off the wall Christmas parties I vowed only to have ONE drink thereafter at each party. Just not worth the aftermath of seeing coworkers who took pictures. :whistle::innocent:

I want chinese so bad on Christmas Eve but hubby HATES chinese food. Is that an Egyptian thing because I remember moody said that about her husband too. He loves Mexican food but hates Chinese food. Oh well.

I'm working today and tomorrow with a 1/2 day Wed then off Thurs and Fri. I'm contemplating taking Monday off but I'll have to check how my earned time balance is doing first.

Yes I painted this morning and with two midgets.

Each one of them HAD a BLAST Lillian painted her nose purple and ate some of the dark blue because she could not reach the water bowl to get the color off. Krista did great she painted her cow neon purple with bright green spots.

I have to say it was a great morning with my "midgets" its a long standing family nickname for kids.

to be frank the whole family is very politicaly incorrect we say things that make other people go :blink:

we had chinese last wed night for dinner and it was sooooooo yummy

hubby loved it

chinese food over there is quite different than here

btw where do you find halal chinese food??? :blink:

star...im sure your cookies were great

cookie exchanges are a great idea, i never had one before

but my aunt's pizelles are dabomb! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wael loves Chinese also! He doesn't care for Mexican but will eat it. Once in Alexandria, we had gone to a chinese resturant in Green Plaza. It was absolutely horrible! We laughed coz we knew there was an Egyptian chef but for looks a Chinese fellow sat out in the lobby!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Brass monkeys.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
btw where do you find halal chinese food??? :blink:

Halal Chinese

If there isn't one in your area, just order seafood or vegetarian options, so long as they're not cooked with alcohol. My favorite restaurant as a kid was a cambodian restaurant in my hometown. Now whenever I go, I ask them to make me sesame tofu. They have sesame chicken on the menu, and they just use that sauce with tofu and veggies. Delicious!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Good morning everyone. Thankfully I am on vacation this week. The plan was to take my kids to visit my parents (who live in another state), but my son got sick. :-( So looks like we will be traveling on Christmas day. Long story. LOL.

It seems like my husband only eats Persian food or pizza. LOL. I can't wait to get him here so I can get him to try different foods! :dance:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh and speaking of cookies...I made some poppy seed cookies last week. Found the recipe in a spice catalog. I can tell you the dough was most excellent. :star: Took the excess cookies to work and everyone absolutely loved them. If anyone is interested in the recipe, let me know and I'll post it!

~Pandora

Edited by childress_london

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Oh and speaking of cookies...I made some poppy seed cookies last week. Found the recipe in a spice catalog. I can tell you the dough was most excellent. :star: Took the excess cookies to work and everyone absolutely loved them. If anyone is interested in the recipe, let me know and I'll post it!

~Pandora

That's a great idea! I'd love the recipe. I was going to make some tea cookies with cardamom, but I decided to do the good old fashioned chocolate chip...(it was easier) :innocent:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Courtney did you really paint with midgets? Is it like an outreach program in your area or something? Sounds interesting.

Annie omg you took me back to my drinking days!!! After one too many off the wall Christmas parties I vowed only to have ONE drink thereafter at each party. Just not worth the aftermath of seeing coworkers who took pictures. :whistle::innocent:

I want chinese so bad on Christmas Eve but hubby HATES chinese food. Is that an Egyptian thing because I remember moody said that about her husband too. He loves Mexican food but hates Chinese food. Oh well.

I'm working today and tomorrow with a 1/2 day Wed then off Thurs and Fri. I'm contemplating taking Monday off but I'll have to check how my earned time balance is doing first.

Yes I painted this morning and with two midgets.

Each one of them HAD a BLAST Lillian painted her nose purple and ate some of the dark blue because she could not reach the water bowl to get the color off. Krista did great she painted her cow neon purple with bright green spots.

I have to say it was a great morning with my "midgets" its a long standing family nickname for kids.

to be frank the whole family is very politicaly incorrect we say things that make other people go :blink:

That's so cute about painting her nose! I was serious in asking because I was just having a discussion about little people with my husband after watching the Wizard of Oz the other night. All those little people in the movie and yet I have never since seen a movie with that many little people in it. (is little people the correct term?) anyhoo I wondered what happened to the little people acting industry and then your post made me remember my question.

:)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband likes Chinese takeout and likes Mexican okay, but he really loves Indian food, which he never had before he came here. He says several dishes at the buffet we like are similar to Moroccan, and he loves that they make something complex out of a few simple ingredients. He especially appreciates it these days since he's been having a lot of dental work done and there are plenty of soft but flavorful choices there. Somewhere I have a link to several good Indian cooking videos, and I need to add some of those recipes to our rotation.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

If you're looking for an indian cookbook, I can't sing the praises of this book highly enough. I think I've been blathering about it non stop since I found it at a used bookstore a few weekends ago.

"The Varied Kitchens of India - Cuisines of the Anglo-Indians ofCalcutta, Bengalis, Jews of Calcutta, Kashmiris, Parsis and Tibetans of Darjeeling" by Copeland Marks

Looks like people have been taking my advice, because all the cheaper used copies have been snapped up :whistle: If I didn't love it so much, I'd sell it and make a fortune. I think I got it for $8. I posted a recipe for fish curry in Sultan's Kitchen, and I'll probably type out more and post them when I have time.

The recipes are super easy and absolutely wonderful.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.