• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Oh and speaking of cookies...I made some poppy seed cookies last week. Found the recipe in a spice catalog. I can tell you the dough was most excellent. :star: Took the excess cookies to work and everyone absolutely loved them. If anyone is interested in the recipe, let me know and I'll post it!

~Pandora

That's a great idea! I'd love the recipe. I was going to make some tea cookies with cardamom, but I decided to do the good old fashioned chocolate chip...(it was easier) :innocent:

Here is the recipe:

Poppy Seed Cookies

1 Cup butter, softened

3/4 Cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

2 Cups all-purpose flour

1/2 Cup finely ground almonds (note: I used almond flour)

1/2 Cup Poppy Seeds (note: I bought a 3.6oz jar in the spice section and used almost the whole thing)

1/4 tsp salt

Colored sugar, if desired

Cream the butter. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well. In a

separate bowl, mix together the flour, almonds, poppy seeds, and salt.

Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat well. Divide the dough

in half and roll into logs. Roll the logs in colored sugar if desired

(I did this step after chilling the logs). Wrap in waxed paper (I

used cling wrap) and chill for a few hours. Preheat oven to 325F.

Slice the logs about 1/4 inch thick and bake for about 12 minutes or

until the edges start to brown.

Yield: 42 - 50 cookies.

MY NOTES: Maybe it's just my oven, but I had to raise the temp to 350

and baked for about 17 minutes to get the edges to just start to brown.

You don't want to overcook these and do as the recipe suggests - take

out once the edges start to brown.

post-45556-1229976917_thumb.jpg

Edited by childress_london

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Happy Monday MENA!!

I hope that you're all doing well and having a great Monday! (that's an oxymoron lol) Just one more day and I'm off for the next 5 days :dance: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Rahma,

I checked out that link for Halal Chinese you marked. I found all my favorite places on it PLUS a few extras! YAY! I will be making visits this week! :D Thanks! (F)

I also checked out that link and it was great! It gave me a list of restaurants I didn't know about in my area. :-) I especially like the reviews that people give for the restaurants. Very helpful.

~Pandora

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
If you're looking for an indian cookbook, I can't sing the praises of this book highly enough. I think I've been blathering about it non stop since I found it at a used bookstore a few weekends ago.

"The Varied Kitchens of India - Cuisines of the Anglo-Indians ofCalcutta, Bengalis, Jews of Calcutta, Kashmiris, Parsis and Tibetans of Darjeeling" by Copeland Marks

Looks like people have been taking my advice, because all the cheaper used copies have been snapped up :whistle: If I didn't love it so much, I'd sell it and make a fortune. I think I got it for $8. I posted a recipe for fish curry in Sultan's Kitchen, and I'll probably type out more and post them when I have time.

The recipes are super easy and absolutely wonderful.

Ooh I'll see if I can track it down. It sounds wonderful. My sister introduced me to dosas, and I want to try making them as soon as I buy a decent griddle -- my skillet's too roughed up.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Rahma,

I checked out that link for Halal Chinese you marked. I found all my favorite places on it PLUS a few extras! YAY! I will be making visits this week! :D Thanks! (F)

I also checked out that link and it was great! It gave me a list of restaurants I didn't know about in my area. :-) I especially like the reviews that people give for the restaurants. Very helpful.

~Pandora

I had seen a similar website, but this gave me more hits. There's a halal meat distributor listed in a nearby town in addition to the grocery, so we may go check that out since we're talking about switching to all halal meat -- it seems more humane, and my husband says it tastes so much better.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.