w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him a dog

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
So perhaps it will be the Iraqi people throwing roses at Obama after all. He is withdrawing the troops intelligently, or so we are told.

We'll see. I (obviously) voted for Obama, but I'll be watching him with just as critical an eye. I don't expect (or necessarily want) the Iraqis to throw roses to Obama, I'll be happy if he's just able to get us the hell out of there and maintain some level of stability while doing it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Oh its quite a symbolic act to be honest. Not that many US Presidents get to remember that one time some dude threw a shoe at him. Future generations will likely remember Bush as having gone to Baghdad at the end of his disastrous administration and getting shoes thrown at him.

This is what's so delicious about the whole thing to me. In Bush's mind, he was there to grace a "liberated" Iraq with his presence one final time, so that history could see him finally project his "peacemaker" image. Instead history will forever remember this visit as the time some Iraqi journalist threw shoes at him. I would say that it sums up this administration perfectly, but for it to be perfect there would have had to be clowns (and I don't mean Dana Perino), a kazoo orchestra, an army of cymbal-banging monkey toys, and these guys to even begin to capture the ridiculousness of the last 8 years.

That sounds about right. :thumbs:

So perhaps it will be the Iraqi people throwing roses at Obama after all. He is withdrawing the troops intelligently, or so we are told.

We'll see. I (obviously) voted for Obama, but I'll be watching him with just as critical an eye. I don't expect (or necessarily want) the Iraqis to throw roses to Obama, I'll be happy if he's just able to get us the hell out of there and maintain some level of stability while doing it.

Yep.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not that it really matters since its more stupidity... but you can bet that the sore losers will still consider it being a blind follower to still be critical of an Obama administration. Then they b!tch about accountability in government. With some people you just can't please.

All I could really care to see in Iraq is that we get our troops out and we retain some kind of ability to work with the Iraqis as international equals so as to help them if they ever ask for our help.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Not that it really matters since its more stupidity... but you can bet that the sore losers will still consider it being a blind follower to still be critical of an Obama administration. Then they b!tch about accountability in government. With some people you just can't please.

I welcome that argument. Because my first reply to anyone criticizing how open an Obama administration is, is going to be "where was your concern about accountability during the Bush administration? Why all of a sudden did it become so important to you?

Not that I would dismiss any criticisms outright. I expect the Obama administration to be 100% accountable for their actions. If he falls back on this promise, I'll be right there with all the wing nuts demanding answers. (unlike the wing nuts, however, I'll hopefully be asking more intelligent questions than demanding his **real** birth certificate, etc)

All I could really care to see in Iraq is that we get our troops out and we retain some kind of ability to work with the Iraqis as international equals so as to help them if they ever ask for our help.

Word. Honestly the best we can hope for is that it doesn't completely collapse into tribal warfare. Anything above and beyond that should be considered a success.

Timeline

I welcome that argument. Because my first reply to anyone criticizing how open an Obama administration is, is going to be "where was your concern about accountability during the Bush administration? Why all of a sudden did it become so important to you?

Not that I would dismiss any criticisms outright. I expect the Obama administration to be 100% accountable for their actions. If he falls back on this promise, I'll be right there with all the wing nuts demanding answers. (unlike the wing nuts, however, I'll hopefully be asking more intelligent questions than demanding his **real** birth certificate, etc)

I agree with you there - though I'm more disgusted with Tony Blair than I am with Bush, as Blair insisted on staying in the job while the best of his cabinet resigned around him.

I agree with you there - though I'm more disgusted with Tony Blair than I am with Bush, as Blair insisted on staying in the job while the best of his cabinet resigned around him.

I'm disgusted with Blair because there were so many opportunities where he could have stepped up and said "enough is enough." But he continued to stay in lock-step with Bush, even after it had become clear that he'd been duped. (and quite frankly, I'm only giving him the benefit of the doubt that he'd been duped, because I honestly don't believe British intelligence were that stupid.) It's really a shame because I think Blair could have made a huge difference in how things turned out. He certainly could have kept Britain and Europe's hands a lot cleaner.

Timeline

I'm disgusted with Blair because there were so many opportunities where he could have stepped up and said "enough is enough." But he continued to stay in lock-step with Bush, even after it had become clear that he'd been duped. (and quite frankly, I'm only giving him the benefit of the doubt that he'd been duped, because I honestly don't believe British intelligence were that stupid.) It's really a shame because I think Blair could have made a huge difference in how things turned out. He certainly could have kept Britain and Europe's hands a lot cleaner.

Well they weren't stupid - the Downing St. Memo is quite clear on that.

A lot was expected from Blair, certainly given the high idealism with which he went into the job after years of Tory misrule, only for him to end up as corrupt as the rest. My gut reaction is that Obama will turn out much the same, though on the basis of the campaigns - he was miles better than the opposition.

Edited by Paul Daniels

Timeline

Word. Honestly the best we can hope for is that it doesn't completely collapse into tribal warfare. Anything above and beyond that should be considered a success.

:lol: Ditto on both accounts.

On the irrelevant part it really is more of the same sore-loser-itis. If it came to that... I'm sure we'd be asking based on logical things to base accusations instead of lame whining based on being unequivocally misled as to what is an issue based on reality.

Timeline

A lot was expected from Blair, certainly given the high idealism with which he went into the job after years of Tory misrule, only for him to end up as corrupt as the rest. My gut reaction is that Obama will turn out much the same, though on the basis of the campaigns - he was miles better than the opposition.

Yeah I wouldn't condemn intelligence gathering on either side of the pond on those issues.

Timeline

Yeah I wouldn't condemn intelligence gathering on either side of the pond on those issues.

I think its pretty clear that Bush et al used the available intelligence as a menu to choose the best justification for a pre-determined war.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think so, too.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

If Bush is as evil as some people like pretending, he would have had the man "accidentally" shot outside or something. You think someone like Saddam would just have joked and waved off his guards like it was no big deal? Puh-lease. :rolleyes:

Of course, if the defense of the man is "This proves he isn't as bad as Saddam Hussein".... what's the phrase? Damning with faint praise?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Wonder if there will be new laws here on when you can wear shoes.

You already have to take them off at the airport, maybe now we'll have to check them in, or put them in a 1 gallon plastic bag.

That's our typical response to threats, right?

That said, fear not...I believe we're still only at threat level orange...continue to be afraid as usual.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The Iraq War was the single most vile act of criminality committed by the Bush administration.

If he deserves to be hit by a shoe for anything, this was it.

AGREE.. :thumbs:

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905