w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him a dog

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm just surprised at the guy's good aim...I think he may be a professional shoe thrower :jest:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am sure the US would like to be known as the country that advocates shooting shoe throwers as an appropriate response to that kind of angry demonstration, I'm sure that would make all shoe throwers think twice.

Absolutely! I say shoot em all!

Not unless they are seen trying to light the shoes first.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

We watched the US news and the Arabic satellite news....totally different stories. :unsure: The things they were saying to him according to US news were very light and not so "harsh"...but to hear how the Arabic news stations portrayed the story...Yikes :P:whistle:

While I do not like Prez Bush, I think throwing shoes at him was ridiculous. But I also think his "Goodbye" visit to Iraq was beyond ridiculous.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What a savage culture.

His action is unaccepted, and has nothing to do with culture...the same i will say about this video : http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/122176

jews beating on jews. surely many will cheer about that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Holy moly.

OK... after laughing I thought for a moment... what if the Iraqi dude had something dangerous in those shoes though?

Nevertheless, I'm with PD on this one. Hope he definitely got both his shoes back.

If he did the fault would have been with the presidents security.

I wonder would the shoe throwing moron have done the same to Saddam ?

i wonder if this story would get the same remarks about the shoe thrower getting his footwear back if the target was obama.

Then the man would have been a racist.

You think so? The way I look at it this journalist was making a political statement at someone who had basically destroyed his country. The context wouldn't really make sense with obama - though doubtless the sitting US president is subject to all kinds of criticism for things he didn't necessarily do himself.

That said I wonder if this guy singled out Bush because he was behind the war. It was kind of his baby after all...

Not right but at same time hilarious in a sick way!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Holy moly.

OK... after laughing I thought for a moment... what if the Iraqi dude had something dangerous in those shoes though?

Nevertheless, I'm with PD on this one. Hope he definitely got both his shoes back.

i wonder if this story would get the same remarks about the shoe thrower getting his footwear back if the target was obama.

Absolutely. If Obama would willy-nilly and against international law invade a foreign country and get tens of thousands of it's citizens killed, the comment would be all the same. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

More new rules, no more wearing shoes at press conferences, and was it only one guy that put a plastic knife in his shoes at an airport? Really embarrassing for me, mom never taught me how to tie my shoestrings, have to ask somebody.

Surprised Bush had the courage to go back, must be under the impression he did some good in Iraq. Sure he is under the impression that America is much better off after his eight years in office, but why couldn't he convince McCain of that fact?

Holy moly.

Absolutely. If Obama would willy-nilly and against international law invade a foreign country and get tens of thousands of it's citizens killed, the comment would be all the same. ;)

I do see your point. Saddam was a kind and caring man who should have been left alone. He was never a danger to any other country and certainly never hurt any of his citizens.

You think so? The way I look at it this journalist was making a political statement at someone who had basically destroyed his country.

The same country where had he tried a stunt like this (or even just tried to make a political statement) with Saddam in power, he and his family would have probably vanished from the planet...? That same "basically destroyed" country? :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Holy moly.

I do see your point. Saddam was a kind and caring man who should have been left alone. He was never a danger to any other country and certainly never hurt any of his citizens.

I don't think that was his point.

Besides the push for war, and the subsequent failures of planning are on bush and his administration.

I'd throw shoes at him if I got the chance. Or custard pies.

Holy moly.

You miss the point entirely. How many kind and caring men are out there in the world? Following your argument, we'd be liberating Sudan, Zimbabwe and other places on the African continent. We'd be in Burma, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, Venezuela, Cuba and dozens of places around the world. If you believe that this illegal invasion was about the liberation of the Iraqi people from a cruel dictator, I've got a bridge to sell you. And even if it was, the US had no right or madate to attack this country.