Y's_habibitk

weekend pity party K3 VSC'ers

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Okay, since it's supposed to be a pity party, let me get a question going...

What song do you think represents your feelings for your SO while you're waiting for them?

OR

What song do you like that you think represents your lover? or even something that reminds you of them???

Here are 2 songs that I love which I think tell how much I love my husband:

Don't wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith

Insatiable by Darren Hayes

Let's keep it goin'... write as many as you like!

Actually, Lolz there are two songs that remind me of 7amoody.

Mimz - this is why i am hot (long story but its his fave song)

Hani Shaker & Shereen- Ana albi leek (one of the first arabic song I translated)

Ana albi leek link

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a while that I did not visit VJ site. It is making me feel frustrated not seeing any approval from VSC. :angry: I hope the next party would be CELEBRATION OR THANKSGIVING VSC party (that's my wishful thinking).. :unsure:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Actually, Lolz there are two songs that remind me of 7amoody.

Mimz - this is why i am hot (long story but its his fave song)

Hani Shaker & Shereen- Ana albi leek (one of the first arabic song I translated)

Ana albi leek link

You know which Arabic song I always listen to lately which reminds me of Ajmal...

3am yimdal waqt by Pascal Machalani

(It's about "Time is passing and I'm dreaming that you're coming...")

The video is kinda sad and doesn't really mix with my situation, but it's a nice song.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...2tdepasca_music

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Okay, this one is the very best.

If you want a perfect song and video to express what love is, you have to see this one (it's in English).

The video is not the original video of it. They used a video from a Middle Eastern singer (Kathem al Sahir) and they put Marc Anthony's song with it.

http://www.miloop.se/film_view.aspx?movie=14127

Tell me what you think!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm loving this weekend pity party... lol

hm... The song that always make me think about everything that is going on now is Walk on, by U2.

This has been my theme song since I took the dumb decision of moving back to Brazil, planning to go to college here.

Me and my husband always say we should have gotten married at that time, but we were so confused... We didn't want to take a serious decision at that time. Well, now here we are regretting that. And everytime I hear Walk on I remember me packing my stuff and saying goodbye to him. WE don't know what the heck we were thinking about!!!

Anyway... I don't like to listen to songs that make me think a lot about all this because it makes me sad. But there are other songs... Let me see...

The blower's daughter by Damien Rice

Deixo, by Ivete Sangalo

Ivete says in her song: "... when the night comes, I'm anxious to sleep so I can have you in my dreams..."

That's it for now.

:unsure:

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, Im back to party now! I just talked to my husband so im up for some fun partying!

I think a weekend thread is a good idea, pity or fun whatever.. if you wanna talk about waiting fine, wanna talk about what you're doing this weekend, cool

Next week we are supposed to be adjudicated, so if by wed i dont hear anything ...let the letter writing commence again, it helps me feel like im doing something other than waiting

songs...

Etta, she's my girl!!

when i wanna wallow in it.. i listen to rilo kiley or radiohead,beck,arcade fire

when im pissed...L7, or queens of the stone age..or something of the like maybe face to face

im not a huge gushy love song kinda girl but i listen to wael kafuri when i want some love songs that remind me of habibi

when he gets here....she wants revenge.."i wanna tear you apart" :blush:

party on :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Okay, this one is the very best.

The video is not the original video of it. They used a video from a Middle Eastern singer (Kathem al Sahir) and they put Marc Anthony's song with it.

http://www.miloop.se/film_view.aspx?movie=14127

OK ... the video rocks. makes having to listen to English *tolerable*, im joking it was a good video and a good mark anthony (sp ?) song.

Next week we are supposed to be adjudicated, so if by wed i dont hear anything ...let the letter writing commence again, it helps me feel like im doing something other than waiting

when he gets here....she wants revenge.."i wanna tear you apart" :blush:

AHHHH>>>> she wants revenge --- 1 tear you apart 2 these things 3 out of control !~~!

I pray you do get adjucated, its a good way to think about it the more you pester the more it seems that you get results pester away.

One more music thing I just found a Jordanian singer Hani Metwasi I cant find much on him so he must ne new but i would recomend him !~~!

ohh and Bartah ma3ak by Amr Mostafa ............ it reminds me of my baby sniffle sniffle

This has become my kind of pity party. thanks everyone its the girls nap time and I am AVOIDING my homework :whistle: !~~!

whats everyone doin tonight ?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Narina, you can add me and my wife to your list of sad and lonely K3 waiteez!! This really gets on your nerves doesn't it? It hurts inside to know you are alone and your love is so far away. Check out the song "Long Distance" by Brandy you'll totally feel it when you listen to it!

Zain

What the hell happened yesterday? I go out to dinner with colleagues and I come into work this morning and some trouble maker got our thread shut down? She says she's observed my behavior for years? LOOOL I haven't even been on VJ a year yet. She said my question was out of line? All I asked the lady was how come her husband wasn't here yet? That was me, being sympathetic to someone who was upset by being away from her spouse. Since she had her approval a long time ago, I was asking why he's not here. How is that inappropriate??? LOOOOL I can't believe the ignorance of some people. I need to change my name to notimeforignorantpeople. As for my behavior on MENA, if you're talking about jealous, hateful, bitter women with issues because they've been used, abused, or mistreated by MENA men and hate on me for having a sincere, loving relationship with a husband who spoils the hell out of me... Okay, talk about it. Bottom line is anything you say, means absolutely nothing to me. You and the clique that go around defending each other (sharing a brain maybe?)...

The only people I care about are the ones who are with me, going through the same situation, who can feel my pain. That's my K-3 family of Lisa, CJ-G, CJ Vasani, Robbyrob, antiwaiting, Birchbeer, Mahitab, Monica, and all the others in our K-3 family.

Thank you my darlings, for defending me while I was gone. I do appreciate it. I had a funny story to share with you guys about my dinner last night, but I think I'll save it for later, when I'm a little less pi$$ed off.

Lisa, CJ-G, I love you dearly!

Narina

I wasn't speaking about observing your behavior for years, Narina. The comment was not directed at you personally. I was speaking categorically of behavior of persons on this site who are extremely agitated about the separation from their spouses or fiances. I would not for a moment condemn being upset, sad or unhappy during the period of separation. But I do believe there are ways of handling of those emotions that are more productive than others.

Insofar as your comment towards the other member regarding her husbands arrival in the US, if I misunderstood your 'support' of her then I apologize. Again it is my observation that not all couples rush to be together immediately after the visa is issued. Some have loose ends to tie up before they move.

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Filed: Timeline

Narina, pull your chin up girl! You know you're great! Without all of you all in the DC group I would be a bag of tears by now or perhaps worse. I was ready to leave the world until I met you all! You all are the greatest support group ever. Thanks everyone!

As for what to do for the after party-when I get our approval I will scream: "ALLAHU AKBAR, ALHAMDU'LILLAH" and then I will rush out to the street and scream "yesssssssssssss we finalllly got it!!!!!"

Then drink a full 2 liter of rootbeer and eat a whole pizza by myself and stay up all night celebrating! As for music I love all love music! I think for this occasion I need something very upbeat and a 'lil funky!~ Yea...some Salsa!!!! :-)

Mahitab

Now I give up! I throw in the towel for good! My application is in the famous que yet. I unpack the bags, sell the house and taking time off from work now, although no clear.

I had not intended to be away from my husband anymore, I will try to stay there on my tourist visa 90 days… wish me good luck,,, I need that guys, I had travel to US before when my case still pending.

Anyway, my mother in law asked me to send my list to her, what I wish me from Santa Claus,,, You know what… a given application, APPROVED! If not, its ok with a flannel pajamas too….

People, hang with me on the Lucia celebration this evening, some light in the tunnel from her....I know you are tired too, I wish we could do a big party next year and celebrate now its over with VSC..

Im going to dance the whole night when my case tell me, APPROVED,,,so give me idea on the BESt party music,,,, Have a good weekend!

If you can come here for 90 days and stay, do it! Why not???

I think you can leave every 90 days, go to Mexico or Canada and then come back.

I told my husband to come here and just stay a few months (he's also visa waiver) but he said "No" because he doesn't feel good to not work while I'm going to work everyday.

Okay, another question:

What's a good party/celebration song to dance to once we get our spouses here with us???

I like Arabic and Latin music...so I would probably be dancing to that LOL

For a slow dance, how about "At Last" by Etta James??? (At last...my love has come along...my lonely days are over...and life is like a song...)

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

My sad song for my husband and I: Un piccolo grande amore by Cladio Baganeli

We have matching ring tones of Sara perche ti amo.

I should be studying for my exams but I rather party (on the internet that is).

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Timeline

I just got back from my mom's. i cooked them dinner...butter chicken masala YUM!

I've done my daughterly duty for the month lol

my son wanted to spend the night there again, fine by me :)

so, i think i'll find some mindless tv to watch, pay bills <_< and then do a whole lot of nothing tonight

and maybe i will draft another pestering letter to my congressman :P

thats my exciting saturday night..how about you guys?

As for what to do for the after party-when I get our approval I will scream: "ALLAHU AKBAR, ALHAMDU'LILLAH" and then I will rush out to the street and scream "yesssssssssssss we finalllly got it!!!!!"

Seriously, I think i will freighten whomever is around when i get that news...with my screaming heh heh

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just wanted to wish you all strength to get through this awful wait.

We were separated for a long time as well and it's certainly not easy....especially at this time of year. :(

I too did my share of crying and screaming when we were finally approved. No more fortunes spent on travel..no more years apart...i'll never forget that moment! :)

Have faith that your time will come and when it does...all of this will have made you even stronger. :)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Just wanted to wish you all strength to get through this awful wait.

We were separated for a long time as well and it's certainly not easy....especially at this time of year. :(

I too did my share of crying and screaming when we were finally approved. No more fortunes spent on travel..no more years apart...i'll never forget that moment! :)

Have faith that your time will come and when it does...all of this will have made you even stronger. :)

Thank you so much! :star:

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

Hello! How are you all? I just got in from the grocery. That was the highlight of my day. I tell you that is boring huh? The kids love it, they got a toy (as always). I just picked up some drinks, snacks, and other things I needed for the week ahead. I been munching on these new vegetable flavored round buttery crackers and sharp cheddar cheese squares all weekend. Yum! I think they're delicious and they help me to indulge in something pleasurable amidst all this other stuff I have to deal with.

I got in a huge, huge, huge double humongous argument with DH today! Not sure if we are going to make it or not. I think we wont make it because we can't stop fighting. Also, tell me this do you think it is fair for me to buy my tickets and him also expect me to pay my hotel fees? He could atleast accomodate me if I am going all the way there. I could stay at his family home but then no privacy and his mom thinks he is still a vir**. Ugh!

Mahitab

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.