jundp

Romance...

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
mmmmmmmmmm....love gruyere

love and boys are icky :dead:

just kidding :P

i prefer sleeping alone. i prefer to do everything for myself because i'm a perfectionist and it's not done right unless i do it...doesn't matter what it is. i prefer dirty sex over "making love". i prefer for no one to annoy me...mainly means talking to me when i'm trying to do something even if it's not something important. i prefer to stay away from hand holding and public displays of affection. i prefer to not kiss anyone...ever. i prefer keeping my feelings to myself. lately i don't even care about any of that anymore. i really think i'm going insane :wacko:

i do simple/little things for people i care about...things that i would normally expect people to do for themselves. i also allow people to do things for me and then try not to cringe when it's not being done my way. if i want to show someone that i care...i cook for them. i'm very passionate about cooking and food...to me food is love. if i let someone cook with me...well that's never happened since i'm a huge perfectionist. if i let someone cook with me then i must be sick :lol:

i also write. i write down whatever i'm feeling or thinking in an email to myself. if i read it the next day and still feel that way then i send it without any editing.

Have I been cloned?!

I knew there was a reason I like you :blush:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

That's what I like to hear Caro!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:rofl: I dated this guy in high school and went to prom with him in grade 10.. tee hee... I did the same thing the gal does at the end!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:rofl: I dated this guy in high school and went to prom with him in grade 10.. tee hee... I did the same thing the gal does at the end!

Did you get in a guy's van? :P

"Where's your car?"

"It's a van."

"Great!"

Bedazzled is a pretty funny movie if you haven't seen already. Harold Ramis (Egon - Ghostbusters) directed it.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I am not really a natural romantic. My husband is more the romantic. He loves snuggling, telling me he loves me, wants to replace the wedding band he lost, etc. But neither of us are into flowers, cards, that kind of garbage. We think it is hot when we tell each other how we spent little or nothing on an expensive needed purchase. My husband brought me some Tim Horton's yesterday at work. That was good enough for me. We are easy to please, I think.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just curious. What do you all think of as romantic? Is one of you more romantic than the other?

Romantic relates to romance, so what the heck is romance?

"ro·mance (r½-m²ns“, r½“m²ns”) n. 1.a. A love affair. b. Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people, especially that characterized by a high level of purity and devotion; love: They kept the romance alive in their marriage for 35 years. c. A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something: a childhood romance with the sea.

Ha, my wife was concerned about me, being so technical and so forth. But some of those skills came in handy when her computer would crash, clothes dryer wouldn't work, or doing things around the home to please her taste. So exactly what is romance in a practical sense of the word? Candlelight dinners, walks in the moonlight, flowers, dancing?

She was delighted with the many repairs I did in her condo in Venezuela, ha, didn't have to ask her if she wanted to make love, kind of a reward for my efforts. From just three words from a song lyrics, was able to find her a song she couldn't remember the title to. It's those little things that she loves, or like setting up my home theater so she could turn everything on with the push of one button.

Could use more ideas on how to be romantic, sending a dozen roses to her work place worked, her co-workers, said wow.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I'm a romantic, Sujeet isn't as much. He has tried before though. And sometimes something romantic doesn't have to be something with roses everywhere, etc. Knowing I was thought about and then something special was done for me is what I find very romantic, even if it's like buying my favorite gum or something. I do like getting flowers(even just one flower) for my bday and valentines but it wasn't as natural for Sujeet to do that, but he does do it now. And he does pick out the most sweet,make other people gag, cards for me and I am always impressed with what he writes in them and it makes what I write look silly. :luv:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We both are...when we were first dating and he was in Toronto and I was here, he did somethings that blew me away on the romantic scale.

NOT candy and teddy bear stuff...really thoughtful and inventive.

Three years together and a kid.......not as much! Too tired and busy.

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

One of my closets friends told me this years ago:

She told her partner that she would prefer he wash the toilet then bring her flowers.

:lol:

I like her pragmatic ways.

She and I both are not into flowers.....I mean they are cut and they die.

Waaaahhhh!

There are so many of me in the one me...so depending on which personality decides to show up, I may be the most romantic person on the planet or the least.

And so, my sweetie is confused, with reason. Hahaha!

I fight my "perfectionist" ways as often as I can catch myself (that personality, ha).

I am getting better at that all the time. Phew.

Perfectionism is a fault!

(Amby, please take notes.)

If a man wants to romance me, I want it spontaneous and unusual!

Yes!

It happens when I travel. People are so fun when taken out of their routines.

:star:

(My partner is too much "by the book" and so....yawn...hahaha. He is so sweet though...

I am the whacky one in this relationship.)

(L)Romance is to woo...and so after marriage/commitment one has to remind oneself to keep up the spark. (L)

:D

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We think it is hot when we tell each other how we spent little or nothing on an expensive needed purchase. My husband brought me some Tim Horton's yesterday at work. That was good enough for me. We are easy to please, I think.

:lol::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you get in a guy's van? :P

"Where's your car?"

"It's a van."

"Great!"

Bedazzled is a pretty funny movie if you haven't seen already. Harold Ramis (Egon - Ghostbusters) directed it.

No but I went from dating a guy who went onto be a missionary to dating the security guy at the boardwalk where I worked near the beach who lived in a camper and did a lot of drugs :whistle:

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

As Cristina's Tia Pili says, "Cristina and Jeff are Superfantastico Romantico's", I always feel like a 1 year old Golden Retriever waiting for his new bestest (and only) girlfriend and Cristina still loves date nights and "our alone time". Try it with a beautiful 15 month old though :wacko:

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"