jundp

Romance...

54 posts in this topic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we were first together, we were probably really sickening, always touching, holding hands, saying I love you, etc. I attribute that to being in a long distance relationship and just being so excited to see each other during visits. Apparently, others thought it was funny/cheesy though as evidenced by the best man at our wedding who, in his toast, made a point to talk about how hubby and I would grope each other every time I came to Canada to visit. Something I wanted my 80 year old aunts and uncles to hear about :P

We are less cheesy now, but still demonstrative, which I consider romantic.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh brother... LOL!!!!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
When we were first together, we were probably really sickening, always touching, holding hands, saying I love you, etc. I attribute that to being in a long distance relationship and just being so excited to see each other during visits. Apparently, others thought it was funny/cheesy though as evidenced by the best man at our wedding who, in his toast, made a point to talk about how hubby and I would grope each other every time I came to Canada to visit. Something I wanted my 80 year old aunts and uncles to hear about :P

We are less cheesy now, but still demonstrative, which I consider romantic.

We still end our phone conversations or goodbyes with an 'I love you'....unless we're angry at each other. :P

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

We still remind each other that he's my meal ticket and I'm the housemaid. I guess that's romantic... :D

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mexican charm baby! and the gringa loves it of course :P

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
we are like aged gruyere.

Mmmmmmmmmm....gruyere :thumbs:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Hmmm...I'm married to the World's Most Practical and Non-Romantic German.

Practical can be romantic, no? :)

He means well. Truly he does. But my idea of romance is NOT a desk chair from Ikea for my birthday... :lol:

We end conversations with "I love you" as well.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
Hmmm...I'm married to the World's Most Practical and Non-Romantic German.

Practical can be romantic, no? :)

He means well. Truly he does. But my idea of romance is NOT a desk chair from Ikea for my birthday... :lol:

We end conversations with "I love you" as well.

LOL - well pardon the stereotype, but Germans tend to be blunt and to the point - so I'd give him a list of things you hope he'd never give to you as presents and a list of what you would like instead for reference. Hopefully he'll get the idea. :)

Filed: Timeline

mmmmmmmmmm....love gruyere

love and boys are icky :dead:

just kidding :P

i prefer sleeping alone. i prefer to do everything for myself because i'm a perfectionist and it's not done right unless i do it...doesn't matter what it is. i prefer dirty sex over "making love". i prefer for no one to annoy me...mainly means talking to me when i'm trying to do something even if it's not something important. i prefer to stay away from hand holding and public displays of affection. i prefer to not kiss anyone...ever. i prefer keeping my feelings to myself. lately i don't even care about any of that anymore. i really think i'm going insane :wacko:

i do simple/little things for people i care about...things that i would normally expect people to do for themselves. i also allow people to do things for me and then try not to cringe when it's not being done my way. if i want to show someone that i care...i cook for them. i'm very passionate about cooking and food...to me food is love. if i let someone cook with me...well that's never happened since i'm a huge perfectionist. if i let someone cook with me then i must be sick :lol:

i also write. i write down whatever i'm feeling or thinking in an email to myself. if i read it the next day and still feel that way then i send it without any editing.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

i prefer sleeping alone. i prefer to do everything for myself because i'm a perfectionist and it's not done right unless i do it...doesn't matter what it is. i prefer dirty sex over "making love". i prefer for no one to annoy me...mainly means talking to me when i'm trying to do something even if it's not something important. i prefer to stay away from hand holding and public displays of affection. i prefer to not kiss anyone...ever. i prefer keeping my feelings to myself. lately i don't even care about any of that anymore. i really think i'm going insane :wacko:

i do simple/little things for people i care about...things that i would normally expect people to do for themselves. i also allow people to do things for me and then try not to cringe when it's not being done my way. if i want to show someone that i care...i cook for them. i'm very passionate about cooking and food...to me food is love. if i let someone cook with me...well that's never happened since i'm a huge perfectionist. if i let someone cook with me then i must be sick :lol:

i also write. i write down whatever i'm feeling or thinking in an email to myself. if i read it the next day and still feel that way then i send it without any editing.

Imagine writing that down as a self introduction for one of these online dating services. :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

when we were still in the LDR my hubby was romantic.. he would write me little poems or sing to me on the phone....

one time he couldn't sleep the night before he had to leave so he stayed up and the next day after he left I started finding little notes all over my place.. awww, once I found a couple I went searching for the rest ..lol he said he had meant for me to find them over the course of a couple days...

I guess now the romance has slowly changed into a more comfortable old slipper kind of love...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Have I been cloned?!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit