Girona40

Naturilization Interview Today

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Who did the US fight during the Revolutionary War? (She said that one was especially for me!!)

I do not know if they changed it, but the answer on the USCIS web site was wrong, what did you say?

Well, I think the answer was obvious - seeing as she asked the question "especially for me". The answer was .............. the English, and that is the answer I gave.

That's what I thought.

And it's wrong.

Act of Union was in 1707, long before the AWI.

It was the British Army that fought in America. Many of the troops were Germans and Irish.

By the time you add in Scots and Welsh, the English element would have been a minority.

It was also more of a civil war, but I accept that is more contentious.

Well, I guess the perfect time to argue the point would be at your Naturalization Interview!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Who did the US fight during the Revolutionary War? (She said that one was especially for me!!)

I do not know if they changed it, but the answer on the USCIS web site was wrong, what did you say?

Well, I think the answer was obvious - seeing as she asked the question "especially for me". The answer was .............. the English, and that is the answer I gave.

That's what I thought.

And it's wrong.

It was the British Army that fought in America. Many of the troops were Germans and Irish.

By the time you add in Scots and Welsh, the English element would have been a minority.

Well, I guess the perfect time to argue the point would be at your Naturalization Interview!

I would tend to agree with you! Trouble is I probably would. Something for the future in my case.

They had some other errors as well but I thought they had corrected them.

But does not follow that the DAO has changed their answer sheet.

Perhaps just me, but you would have thought they would have checked the answers, must be somebody on staff who paid attention during History classes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, Congratulations, and thank you very much for sharing your story. Our next step is the Naturalization process, and it's nice to hear experiences with this. This post was the first one I read in how the interview process takes place. Thank you and again congratulations. I am looking forward to the day we get to do this.

5.26.23: Wedding

6.24.23: I-130

Timeline

Personally, I think the naturalization interview was the easiest part of the entire process. I had been worried about it for a few weeks. Spent my time on the plane to England and back revising the questions for the test - knew them all by heart by the time I got back - to be asked the simplest of them. I was a little disappointed. I wanted to tell her "I do know which were the first 13 colonies, or who wrote the Star Spangled Banner", but she didn't want to know.

One thing I would mention is that they asked for photographs, in a seperate letter, which I was to take with me to the interview. The letter, true to form, gave conflicting size requirements. It stated something like 2.33 x 3.5 (which posed a problem at the photo store) but then it also stated that they had to fit in a box printed at the bottom of the letter, which was 2 x 2. I got both and told her to take her pick! She picked out the ones that were 2 x 2 and said "That's the size we want". I was glad I got them both. The last thing I wanted was a delay because the photo's weren't the right size.

Anyway, I would tell anyone going for their naturalization interview to try not to worry too much, it wasn't an unpleasant experience. Oh, and no need to take your partner - they won't let them in with you anyway. My poor husband came with me for moral support and was simply told to stay seated in the waiting room. I wish I had gone on my own and saved him the 11 hour journey.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

That's what I thought.

And it's wrong.

I would tend to agree with you! Trouble is I probably would. Something for the future in my case.

They had some other errors as well but I thought they had corrected them.

Good luck with that! :thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

congratulations! I wish mine was coming up... but I've got years to wait till I'm eligible!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Timeline
congratulations! I wish mine was coming up... but I've got years to wait till I'm eligible!

Thank you - it is surprising how quickly that 2 years and 9 months passes though. You will be there in no time.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you - it is surprising how quickly that 2 years and 9 months passes though. You will be there in no time.

Hear, hear!

Where *does* the time go?!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I just wanted you guys to know that I attended my Naturalization Interview today in Pittsburgh. It was such a long drive, 5.5 hours each way, to attend a 10 minute interview!

The District Adjudications Officer asked me into her office and asked me the usual questions - address, phone number, date of birth. Then she asked me if I had brought the photographs they requested I bring. I explained that the letter requesting photo's gave two different sets of dimensions for the photo's - so she could choose which one's she wanted from the selection I brought with me!

She then asked me the test questions - I had been going over them all for weeks and she asked me "How many stripes are there on the flag? What colour are they? What colour are the stars? Who did the US fight during the Revolutionary War? (She said that one was especially for me!!), "What is the minimum voting age in the US?" and finally, "What is the capital of the state you live in?"

She told me I had passed and then asked if I would like to come back to Pittsburgh for the Oath Ceremony, some time within the next 30 days, or whether I would prefer to attend the Martinsburg office, which is about an hour from my home, but that wouldn't be until October? I told her that I would come back to Pittsburgh, even though it was a tremendous drive, because I would prefer to get this done before my daughter's eighteenth birthday, so she won't have to go through the interview but will derive her citizenship from me. She said that was fine and handed me a letter telling me I'd passed and confirming that the Oath ceremony would take place in Pittsburgh within the next 30 days and I would be informed of the date by letter.

Now, I just have to get my son's AOS approved and we'll be one big happy family!

Congratulations!!

John~~~Ontario, Canada*********Ruth~~~Ohio, U.S.A

The never-ending story of the visajourney of this Canadian/American couple can be found by clicking HERE

AOS was officially approved via email notice from USCIS on August 10th/2005, 622 days from the filing of the I-130 in Nebraska on November 26/2003, the very first day that we started our immigration journey.

Received 10 year green card on August 15/2005.

Our thanks to the creators of visajourney and all those here who helped us along the way..May God bless you and strengthen you on your visajourney....and now life goes on.

(Jeremiah 29:11-13)" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations (F)

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations

11/23/2004 - Filed N-400 - 03/28/2006 - Interview & Oath in Atlanta GA

03/29/2006 - Mailed I-130 04/06/2006 - NOA1

08/01/2006 - APPROVED

08/11/2006 - Received at NVC case number assigned

08/21/2006 - DS-3032 & I-864 fee Generated 08/22/2006 - Emailed choice of agent

08/25/2006 - Choice of agent accepted 08/28/2006 - IV bill generated

08/29/2006 - Mailed I-864 bill 09/09/2006 - Mailed IV Bill

09/16/2006 - Received I-864/09/18/2006 - Mailed Completed I-864

09/23/2006 - Mailed DS-230/09/28/2006 - Message says information rec at NVC

10/07/2006 - Message says they are sending an RFE 10/18/2006 RFE returned

10/26/2006 - Case Complete

IR-1 VISA ISSUED IN PLACE OF THE K-3 11/29/2006

04/15/2006 - Mailed I-129F 04/20/2006 - NOA1

08/30/2006 - Approved

09/13/2006 - Sent to Casablanca

INTERVIEW DATE - 10/26/2006 - 11/17/2006 - 2nd Interview SUCCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.