Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Queston for all lucky, out of AP people:

Besides finding out you're out of AP on the phone, did you receive that informtion through mail or email?

I am just curious because I want to resist calling them since I get disappointed everytime I call and get unfavorable response.

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Guys, there seem to be some good news as I just spoke to an operator and she said that it's technically still here, but will be sent to the embassy in India TODAY! That's certainly good news but I won't jump until I reconfirm this afternoon.

Woohoo!!!! Congrats. That's great! Yeah, you should confirm, but I doubt they would tell you this, unless you were really OUT OF JAIL :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

im gonna start asking nvc to keep our case too... it worked for you desi ;)

nvc, keep it..we can wait longer, no need to pick up the pace. 9 months is no biggie,really

:lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Our case stuck in AP @NVC since 01/09/2009

sorry you guys are stuck too, but at least you have some good company, and know you arent alone :D

Our case made it to the embassy in Zagreb yesterday around noon. My fiance couldn't resist emailing them so... he's the one who was given the info about my interview, too, haha. They were supposed to mail me my whateverstuff (instructions and interview information) yesterday, but I guess they're procrastinating a bit since I haven't received anything yet.

They told my fiance that my interview is scheduled for March 12th. Now I have to reschedule it for the beginning of April.

Either way, things are finally moving again, yay! :star:

woohoo for movement and progress!

I echo Lisa's comments .....

bryb, hang in there with us, we are all sharing the same cellblock in NVC detention center

Badgerella - congrats!!! hope you get your interview quickly and that all goes well

I called NVC tonight, after not calling last night. Same thing. "You are in AP and unfortunately there is no time limit blah blah blah..."

Have you seen the K-1 flowchart on VJ's Guide? For step 5 it estimates NVC as 2 weeks with the tagline "Welcome to the US Department of State! Things move much faster now."

Yeaaaaaaahhhhh right :( See image attached.

post-51846-1234317865_thumb.jpg

vnflag-3.gif

K 1 - Timeline:

11/03/2007 - 1st time to meet at her house

05/03/2008 - 2nd time to meet at her house also, begin our serious relationship

05/012/2008 - returned States

07/03/2008 - accepted as being my lover, after long ... long several trials, begin paper work collected

08/06/2008 - I-129F sent

08/08/2008 - NOA1 received by mail

12/24/2008 - approved

12/25/2008 - approval notice email sent from CRIS

12/31/2008 - received hard copy of NOA2

01/05/2009 - NVC received

01/05/2009 - stuck in NVC for AP

02/25/2009 - Ash Wednesday 2009: in AP for 7 weeks and 2 days = 51 days

02/26/2009 - NVC left

03/02/2009 - HCM Consulate General received electronic file

03/19/2009 - Packet 3 received

03/23/2009 - Packet 3 sent

04/17/2009 - Packet 4 received

05/26/2009 - Interview date

blue sheet: submit medical examination results

sworn, notarized statement

relatives of beneficiary

ex-spouse's information

06/23/2009 - require med exam results

12/09/2009 - 2nd blue sheet: suggested treatment of health condition

04/06/2010 - white sheet: schedule for re-interview

04/12/2010 - white sheet: required police certification

05/10/2010 - submit police certificate: PINK

05/17/2010 -

05/24/2010 -

06/02/2010 - visa received in hand (05/26/2010 signed)

06/12/2010 - Church wedding ceremony

06/21/2010 - POE: LAX (06/23/2010 visa expired)

06/23/2010 - civil wedding ceremony

08/03/2010 - submitted I-485 along with I-765 and I-131

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

i got out after 47 days,,, count me in

I'm going to do the list.

Please count your days.

Badgella - 52

Cdneh - 51

Marmite Lovers - 45

OK. I fluffed it. To much to drink last night.

:star: Cdneh - 53

:star: Dzyrhetom - 52 days

:star: Badgerella - 51

:star: Marmite Lovers - 45

Here's the one to update...second version :yes:

52 for us, 52. ;)

and desiman just got out..at 51?

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

We're always full of problems. And questions.

In case anyone knows about this, please help!

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline
We're always full of problems. And questions.

In case anyone knows about this, please help!

Badgerella,

From everything I have seen and read...the NOA2 does not expire as long as it is in the process with NVC or the consulate. I would definatley email you consulate, you said they are friendly.

Put you mind at ease and ask: if your case was still pending after the "expiration date" would it be automatically extended?

Good Luck :thumbs:

editted to add...we are going to be in the same boat once we get out of jail. Amman is scheduling 2+ months out and we only have 2.5 more months until the 129f expires.

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Yeah, I'll be calling them tomorrow to ask about that, as well as some other things that came in the mail today and make no sense at all.

I finally received Packet3&4 and they're full of outdated forms, most of which are in Croatian, instead of English, which is just beyond weird. I also have no idea who I am supposed to send my photos to, and why I need to do that, and just that immediately.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline
Yeah, I'll be calling them tomorrow to ask about that, as well as some other things that came in the mail today and make no sense at all.

I finally received Packet3&4 and they're full of outdated forms, most of which are in Croatian, instead of English, which is just beyond weird. I also have no idea who I am supposed to send my photos to, and why I need to do that, and just that immediately.

how odd!

I hope you get some answers :)

Thanks!

I was introduced to a family friend who works in immigration in the US and since i am on AP im really frustrated about my case I emailed her for help. She said that there is really this administrative process that they are doing right now to check if both of us are really single. Usually it takes them a month or two. I am on my 25thh day right now and she said that if i haven't heard anything from them in 10 days to contact her. Im not sure if that can help me further. but i hope it will becuase this is prolonging my agony.. :crying:

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Timeline
I was introduced to a family friend who works in immigration in the US and since i am on AP im really frustrated about my case I emailed her for help. She said that there is really this administrative process that they are doing right now to check if both of us are really single. Usually it takes them a month or two. I am on my 25thh day right now and she said that if i haven't heard anything from them in 10 days to contact her. Im not sure if that can help me further. but i hope it will becuase this is prolonging my agony.. :crying:

interesting,thanks for sharing some "insider info"

i guess they are checking to see if we are really married?? :wacko: hmmpf

Thanks!

does she work at the NVC? there are various points in the process from USCIS through NVC to the embassy at which you can go into AP and I would scream if the reason we got held up for 6 weeks was to do something as simple as that!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Well today I thought I would call NVC and this time I used the automated system. So I entered our case number and the recording said they have no information about our case in their recored. So I called back again and this time I talked to a live person, I explained to them what the recording said and they told me oh here is why... On Monday the 9th the documents were sent to Kiev : )

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I had phoned Olga and she was about to start her English class, so I asked her to sit down I have some news she might want to hear. So she told me she was sitting and I told her all of the good news! You all should have heard the joy in her voice.

Now for us it has been 43 days being in AP hell : (

And for the rest of you waiting on your approvals... This wait can be heart breaking knowing that no one will give you a strait answer at the NVC But hang in there and we are all praying that your AP's are quickly compleated and you see each other again very soon. I know for Olga and I we will keep you in our prayers and please keep posting the time line it is taking for the AP this has been a great help for Olga and myself.

God's blessings to you all ; )

Jul 19, 2008 - Sent K-1 and K-2 petition to USCIS / CSC

Jul 24, 2008 - Received NOA1 I-797C

Dec 17, 2008 - Received NOA2 "APPROVED" Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2008 - NVC Received packet

Feb 9, 2009 - Left NVC "AP hell" Its about damn time! I must say this is money well spent LMAO

March 19, 2009 Interview in Kiev : )

Timeline

great news!!!

i have to ask, how did you get automated info about your case? when i call there is an option for "k" visas and im automatically transferred to an operator.

good luck on the interview!

Lisa

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Well today I thought I would call NVC and this time I used the automated system. So I entered our case number and the recording said they have no information about our case in their recored. So I called back again and this time I talked to a live person, I explained to them what the recording said and they told me oh here is why... On Monday the 9th the documents were sent to Kiev : )

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I had phoned Olga and she was about to start her English class, so I asked her to sit down I have some news she might want to hear. So she told me she was sitting and I told her all of the good news! You all should have heard the joy in her voice.

Now for us it has been 43 days being in AP hell : (

And for the rest of you waiting on your approvals... This wait can be heart breaking knowing that no one will give you a strait answer at the NVC But hang in there and we are all praying that your AP's are quickly compleated and you see each other again very soon. I know for Olga and I we will keep you in our prayers and please keep posting the time line it is taking for the AP this has been a great help for Olga and myself.

God's blessings to you all ; )

Congratulations on the great news!!!

And good luck with the rest of your visa journey :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you very much Lisa and uscandual,

when I call the NVC

603-334-0700

English press 1, next you can choose to talk to the operator by pressing 5. If you wait you will hear some other choices the next first choice you hear... Information on your immigration visa press 1 do this and they will ask you to enter the first 3 letters of your case number. In our case it is KEV. The recording will ask you if what you have entered is correct? I had to press 2 for not correct and then the recording corrected its self from KEW to KEV then I entered the rest of the numbers. Do not worry your only pressing numbers and not the letters. Again in our case it was KEV this is 539 on the dial pad on the phone. Next they will tell you about your case : ) I hope this helps you : )

Jul 19, 2008 - Sent K-1 and K-2 petition to USCIS / CSC

Jul 24, 2008 - Received NOA1 I-797C

Dec 17, 2008 - Received NOA2 "APPROVED" Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2008 - NVC Received packet

Feb 9, 2009 - Left NVC "AP hell" Its about damn time! I must say this is money well spent LMAO

March 19, 2009 Interview in Kiev : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.