Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thank you guys!

..even for stalking our case. ;)

Count one more stalker, then.

Congrats on your release, and good luck as you go through the next steps! May you have a speedy interview & approval at embassy.

Thank you guys!

..even for stalking our case. ;)

I'll call the embassy first thing tomorrow (ok, ok, during their working hours) so I can start stalking the case there, too.

We are all stalkers!

I'm so happy for you.

Add me...I'm a stalker :D

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hahha, thanks, everyone!

I'm stalking the case online, since that's easy in Croatia - NVC sends maybe one case a week and I can't just mistake it for some other one. It was picked up by DHL yesterday and now seems to be in Ohio.

I'll still call the Embassy in about an hour to see what they have to say. As much as I know, I'm not able or supposed to do anything before they send me the packet, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I likes me some phonecalls. ;)

As for the interview date, we actually don't want it to be a speedy one - my fiance needs to organize his trip to Croatia because he wants to be here for the interview, and we need to leave us a bit of room for my remaining exams. So whatever the Embassy comes up with, will be rescheduled to a later date. At this moment, we don't know when exactly. It doesn't matter much, though, since from here on, things are a bit more in our hands, than... nobody's.

Thanks everyone, once more, and I wish you all luck, too, with whatever you're waiting for or working on! :star:

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

Because I am a bit lazy, I'll just copypaste what I just typed in the August 2008 filers thread:

I talked to the Embassy just now.

They have an electronic copy of our file, the date of the interview has not yet been set (the guy said it often is the NVC that sets it, but our case says nothing about it). I mentioned the 7 week wait, he said there were no notes about it, at all - so.. our case spent seven weeks at NVC sitting at someone's desk?? Who knows. Either way, they'll contact me with instructions and some interview date as soon as they physically receive the case, which should be next week. Funny fact - they knew me by the name, they didn't need my case number, or anything. That says enough about the number of K1 cases that go through this embassy, haha. Another funny fact - I asked if he wanted the case number to check if they had it and he didn't need it because - the cases just sit there in his drawyer if they have it. So there really are just a few of us going through this process in Croatia.

Now we wait. DHL says our case is in Ohio right now. Should be here tomorrow, I assume, but I doubt there's anyone available at the Embassy on Saturdays.

Yay, things are finally moving again! It's kind of funny that they recognize me by my name there.. haha. I've called them once on the phone, months ago, and my fiance has sent a few emails in the past year. I've also seen the non-immigrant visa section people four times in the past year and a half. I'm turning into a visa celebrity in Croatia, huh? ;)

Hahha, thanks, everyone!

I'm stalking the case online, since that's easy in Croatia - NVC sends maybe one case a week and I can't just mistake it for some other one. It was picked up by DHL yesterday and now seems to be in Ohio.

[color="#FF0000"]Congratz Badgerella!!! Im happy for you and hope ours will be released soon too...

Goodluck !!![/color]

07-07-08 - filed I-129f and sent it to VSC

08-25-08 - NOA1

12-10-08 - hard copy of NOA2 rec'd

12-17-08 - NVC received our case

12-18-08 - 02-03-09---- stuck at NVC

02-04-09 - NVC RELEASED/FORWARDED OUR CASE TO USEM, AT LAST!!!

02-11-09 - USEM received the hard copy of packet 3..

02-18-09 - Medical at SLEC...THANKS GOD, I PASSED !!!

03-04-09 - Interview @ USEM,VISA APPROVED!!! ( His WILL for us)

03-10-09 - Visa delivered(on hand).......@ 11:00 am

03-14-09 - FLYING time! >>03-14-09 ( US time @ 1 p.m) Arrived ...POE: DETROIT <<

MAY 17, 2009 - MARRIED !!!

AOS

11-03-09 - Mailed the AOS package

11-05-09 - Status Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

11-12-09 - Check Cashed (Online Banking)

11-13-09 - NOA's for I-485, I-765 , I-131

11-23-09 - Received Bio appt. notice

12-03-09 - Bio appt. Done @ memphis...Hassle free

12-21-09 - Touched (online status says that case was transferrred to CSC)

12-30-09 - Touched online (I-765 & I-131 Approved)

01-04-10 - I-131 Approval Notice rec'd

01-11-10 - EAD card rec'd..Yehey! & Apply for SSN ..02-22-10 - Finally got the SSN card

03-05-10 -Card prod. ordered

03-12-10 - GREEN CARD on hand

ROC- I-751

01-19-12- Sent the packet to Vermont Service Center

01-23-12- Cash the checked (2 yr GC expires on this day too),  01-28-12- NOA 1 received

02-28-12- NOA2 received -bio appt for 04-03

04-03-12- Biometrics done on this day

02-22-13- RFE rec'd & -02-28-13- RFE responded

03-14-13- Checked online status and it states: APRROVED!

~~NATURALIZED US CITIZEN on 10/23/2015~~

Mom's JOURNEY  : 12-29-17: I-130 petition sent to Chicago lockbox

1-03-18- Got a text & email from USCIS that application was received

1-08-18- rec'd hard copy NOA1 - I797,   7-02-18- I-130 petition for Mom approved- YAY!

08-23-18: Received an email from NVC with the case number MNL..Also paid the fees (AOS & IV)

10/16/18- Submitted all docs via CEAC, 10/25/18- Received an email stating " Case Completed/Documetary Qualified"

11/9/18: Received an email from NVC stating interview date,12/3/18: INTERVIEW DATE

Timeline

According to all our APers' current timelines, your case should be out any day soon, too, dzyrhetom!

Having been through it now myself, I advise calling every day because it seems they really have no idea what they're saying, and the information provided by one agent can be opposite to what the other one will say in a phonecall maybe even minutes apart.

On the other hand, I feel a lot better now, but I must admit I am just as worried about the outcome of the interview. The embassy employee said today they had nothing at all even mentioning the wait at NVC, butbut. You never know with them.

According to all our APers' current timelines, your case should be out any day soon, too, dzyrhetom!

Having been through it now myself, I advise calling every day because it seems they really have no idea what they're saying, and the information provided by one agent can be opposite to what the other one will say in a phonecall maybe even minutes apart.

On the other hand, I feel a lot better now, but I must admit I am just as worried about the outcome of the interview. The embassy employee said today they had nothing at all even mentioning the wait at NVC, butbut. You never know with them.

WOHOOO.... ohh yes, AT LAST NVC has COMPLETED our processing..They have already forwarded our case to the USEM...What a wonderful night it is for me here!!! Thanks God...

Ive just got an email from NVC tonight in replied from my inquiry and called them too right after I have read the letter and yes, indeed, its TRUE.....The packet 3 is on its way to USEM Manila.. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ohh btw, THANKS Badgerella...I think NVC released OUR case at the same ... So to all who are still there , dont lose hope! Soon NVC will release/ forward your case to the USEM.. Be positive...Goodluck to all of us....

08-25-08 - NOA1

03-14-09 - FLYING time! >>03-14-09 ( US time @ 1 p.m) Arrived ...POE: DETROIT <<

AOS

01-11-10 - EAD card rec'd..Yehey! & Apply for SSN ..02-22-10 - Finally got the SSN card

ROC- I-751

01-23-12- Cash the checked (2 yr GC expires on this day too),  01-28-12- NOA 1 received

1-08-18- rec'd hard copy NOA1 - I797,   7-02-18- I-130 petition for Mom approved- YAY!

08-23-18: Received an email from NVC with the case number MNL..Also paid the fees (AOS & IV)

10/16/18- Submitted all docs via CEAC, 10/25/18- Received an email stating " Case Completed/Documetary Qualified"

11/9/18: Received an email from NVC stating interview date,12/3/18: INTERVIEW DATE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yaaay for you Dzy!

good luck with the interview. :)

I just called and got the "yes, you are still in AP, there is no timeframe" "we will inform you with instructions once the case is complete and sent to the embassy"

super, thanks someone call the negotiator..we have a hostage stituation! :heh:

week 5 here.

I just mailed all of our interview docs to my husband..maybe he will get them right around the time we get out of nvc

congrats to our newly released friends and good luck to the rest of us.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

WOHOOO.... ohh yes, AT LAST NVC has COMPLETED our processing..They have already forwarded our case to the USEM...What a wonderful night it is for me here!!! Thanks God...

Ive just got an email from NVC tonight in replied from my inquiry and called them too right after I have read the letter and yes, indeed, its TRUE.....The packet 3 is on its way to USEM Manila.. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ohh btw, THANKS Badgerella...I think NVC released OUR case at the same ... So to all who are still there , dont lose hope! Soon NVC will release/ forward your case to the USEM.. Be positive...Goodluck to all of us....

Congratulations! It's indeed great news! Best wishes!

yaaay for you Dzy!

I just called and got the "yes, you are still in AP, there is no timeframe" "we will inform you with instructions once the case is complete and sent to the embassy"

week 5 here.

I just mailed all of our interview docs to my husband..maybe he will get them right around the time we get out of nvc

Lisa,

It seems like you're going K3 route, but what's the update on your I-130? Did it make it to NVC or is it stuck like mine? I hope it had gone through.

Timeline

yaaay for you Dzy!

week 5 here.

Lisa,

It seems like you're going K3 route, but what's the update on your I-130? Did it make it to NVC or is it stuck like mine? I hope it had gone through.

ya, we are doing the k3..the 130 arrived at nvc early and I got the aos fee bill a few weeks after approval. Im so sorry you are getting jerked around Desi. :(

I was thinking...our 130 is at nvc..will we be pulled for "random checks" on it? i wonder how that would be handled if we persued it? hmmm i couldve been done with the cr1 through nvc already or very soon. but, we're doing the k3 for other reasons.

I hope you get news on the 130 and that we both get out of holding soon!

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Congrats, dzyrhetom!

They said our case was sent two days ago, so that was on Feb 4th. DHL says it was physically picked up by DHL yesterday around 2pm. Makes sense. Croatia still doesn't have it, but the electronic copy is in their system so.. yup, it's true!

Lisa, you'll have it soon! It really means the current timeframe says, basically, 7 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yaaay for you Dzy!

week 5 here.

Lisa,

ya, we are doing the k3..the 130 arrived at nvc early and I got the aos fee bill a few weeks after approval. Im so sorry you are getting jerked around Desi. :(

I was thinking...our 130 is at nvc..will we be pulled for "random checks" on it? i wonder how that would be handled if we persued it? hmmm i couldve been done with the cr1 through nvc already or very soon. but, we're doing the k3 for other reasons.

...and I've got identical response when I inquired about both petitions. I've pretty much given up on the I-130 and I am not thinking too much about I-129F either because they [immigration] always dampen my hopes...

Timeline
Congrats, dzyrhetom!

They said our case was sent two days ago, so that was on Feb 4th. DHL says it was physically picked up by DHL yesterday around 2pm. Makes sense. Croatia still doesn't have it, but the electronic copy is in their system so.. yup, it's true!

Lisa, you'll have it soon! It really means the current timeframe says, basically, 7 weeks.

thanks Badgerella. As long as it stays consistent and i have a date to look forward to..i can deal :)

its the unknown that kills us. Thank god for this thread! (L)

Thanks!

Timeline

yaaay for you Dzy!

week 5 here.

Lisa,

...and I've got identical response when I inquired about both petitions. I've pretty much given up on the I-130 and I am not thinking too much about I-129F either because they [immigration] always dampen my hopes...

you are gonna get out before us :D you were mid december right? so, how many weeks have you been in AP now Des? going on 8? Maybe we should start a nvc love thread..it worked for VSC :lol:

Dear NVC, please keep Desi's petitions for awhile. He doesnt want them released...no hurry!

heh illicet a smile?

Thanks!

Congrats, dzyrhetom!

Yeah, ur right Badgerella..NVC has done procesing our case at the same time...It was really a great news for both of us...Thank you soo much guys for all the encouragements...Who Knows, YOURS will be the next?? so keep hoping....

08-25-08 - NOA1

AOS

ROC- I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.