confused777

a friend of mine is out of status now, she came here in fiancee visa

15 posts in this topic

i met a new friend who came here in a fiancee visa, but the relationship did not worked out as they planned they did not get married till her visa expired, she's still here but out of status now. is there any possibilities, she can stay here legally if she will going to marry another american citizen? or if someone will sponsor here for a work permit, despite of being here out of status? hope to hear some helpful advise for her! she's very depressed now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The simple answer is no.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Another no. She's meant to marry the person that petitioned, no one else.

She's out of status, and needs to exit before she earns a ban.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i met a new friend who came here in a fiancee visa, but the relationship did not worked out as they planned they did not get married till her visa expired, she's still here but out of status now. is there any possibilities, she can stay here legally if she will going to marry another american citizen? or if someone will sponsor here for a work permit, despite of being here out of status? hope to hear some helpful advise for her! she's very depressed now!

I will say like the other posters that the answer is no. If she entered the us with a K1 visa then she has to adjust status through the guy who petitioned her she cannot adjust status through any other marriage petition. She also cannot adjust status through labor certification or any other method. There are no waivers or excemptions to this EXCEPT ONE which i will explain.. later

You say she is out of status as of right now well if she is out of status for under six months from the date of here I-94 EXPIRATION than she will have a 3 yr re-entry ban placed on her if she is out of status for 6 months or more than she will have a 10 yr re-entry ban placed on her. if she has just lost status it would be in her best of BEST interest to just go back to phils ASAP and wait out her 3 yr ban and try again. if she is here 6 months or more she will still have to go back but alot more painful.. (I would consult a good attorney DO NOT take my advice as face value i'm an amatuer like everyone else here not a proffesional)

Now, to the EXEMPTION if she wants to get legalized and get an exemption from the 3/10 yr ban she will have to overcome here inadmissability charge on her record. If she falls in love with a guy here or if she is in phils the USC will have to file a fiance petition or marriage petition whichever is appropriate. This process can only be done in her native country.. She will get here interview for her petition she will be DENIED a visa at that point for being inadmissable due to overstay of her visa. Then the USC must apply for a waiver of inadmissability waiver I believe (I-601) and the USC must prove that being seperated from his fiance/wife would cause extreme hardship. If the consular deems there is is proof of extreme hardship she will get approved and thus a visa will be issued.... This process is very expensive many thousands of dollars and can take 2 to 3 yrs for completion Manila is one of the toughest embassies when it comes to waivers (I HEARD) and you will definitly HAVE to hire a GOOD IMMIGRATION lawyer to handle the case...

I wish her the best but she has shot herself in the foot for violating her visa. If she is out of status for a short time I wouldSTRONGLY STRONGLY recomend her to go back(3 years is not that long a wait compared to the alternative) so she will not have to go through the hell i just explained... there is a forun a sister forum that has people who are in her mess and going through the waiver process www.imigrate2us.net there is alot of information on this forum about wiaver of inadmissability

I wish her the best of luck and hope she will do the right thing in her life. if you want to ask any questions please email me and i will be glad to help you.. sorry there is not immediate good news but there is good news and a way out but it is a hard climb to get to the light.

there is a lawyer that claims to be a guru on hardship waivers if she ever needs it her total price is between 6500 and 7500 for each case but has a very high success rate http://www.visacentral.net/index.html if she ever needs help this woman might be able to help. She gives free advice on immigrate2us.net chats often her name is laura Scott

disclaimer I am not a lawyer nor do i claim to be this is my own knowledge of experiences i had or seen please verify all facts stated with a qualified immigration attorney

I will say like the other posters that the answer is no. If she entered the us with a K1 visa then she has to adjust status through the guy who petitioned her she cannot adjust status through any other marriage petition. She also cannot adjust status through labor certification or any other method. There are no waivers or excemptions to this EXCEPT ONE which i will explain.. later

You say she is out of status as of right now well if she is out of status for under six months from the date of here I-94 EXPIRATION than she will have a 3 yr re-entry ban placed on her if she is out of status for 6 months or more than she will have a 10 yr re-entry ban placed on her. if she has just lost status it would be in her best of BEST interest to just go back to phils ASAP and wait out her 3 yr ban and try again. if she is here 6 months or more she will still have to go back but alot more painful.. (I would consult a good attorney DO NOT take my advice as face value i'm an amatuer like everyone else here not a proffesional)

Now, to the EXEMPTION if she wants to get legalized and get an exemption from the 3/10 yr ban she will have to overcome here inadmissability charge on her record. If she falls in love with a guy here or if she is in phils the USC will have to file a fiance petition or marriage petition whichever is appropriate. This process can only be done in her native country.. She will get here interview for her petition she will be DENIED a visa at that point for being inadmissable due to overstay of her visa. Then the USC must apply for a waiver of inadmissability waiver I believe (I-601) and the USC must prove that being seperated from his fiance/wife would cause extreme hardship. If the consular deems there is is proof of extreme hardship she will get approved and thus a visa will be issued.... This process is very expensive many thousands of dollars and can take 2 to 3 yrs for completion Manila is one of the toughest embassies when it comes to waivers (I HEARD) and you will definitly HAVE to hire a GOOD IMMIGRATION lawyer to handle the case...

I wish her the best but she has shot herself in the foot for violating her visa. If she is out of status for a short time I wouldSTRONGLY STRONGLY recomend her to go back(3 years is not that long a wait compared to the alternative) so she will not have to go through the hell i just explained... there is a forun a sister forum that has people who are in her mess and going through the waiver process www.imigrate2us.net there is alot of information on this forum about wiaver of inadmissability

I wish her the best of luck and hope she will do the right thing in her life. if you want to ask any questions please email me and i will be glad to help you.. sorry there is not immediate good news but there is good news and a way out but it is a hard climb to get to the light.

there is a lawyer that claims to be a guru on hardship waivers if she ever needs it her total price is between 6500 and 7500 for each case but has a very high success rate http://www.visacentral.net/index.html if she ever needs help this woman might be able to help. She gives free advice on immigrate2us.net chats often her name is laura Scott

disclaimer I am not a lawyer nor do i claim to be this is my own knowledge of experiences i had or seen please verify all facts stated with a qualified immigration attorney

hello i just want to thank you for your advices and the site you gave me. its really a big help to for her to know what else she can do for her status right now! thank and God bless!

hello i just want to thank you for your advices and the site you gave me. its really a big help to for her to know what else she can do for her status right now! thank and God bless!

Hi COnfused 77,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Like what the members here said, there is NO WAY your friend can adjust her status, work or marry someone else. Her visa was issued to marry only the person who petitioned her.

It would be better for here to go back to the PHILIppines Asap to avoid troubles.

Good luck to her and May God be with her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

If she decides to take the risk and remain here illegally, the likelihood of being deported is very small. The ICE has bigger fish to fry than to track down eveyone who overstays a visa. It might even be difficult, if not impossible, to get a marriage license because some states nowadays are doing their part to deny privileges to illegal immigrants. None will grant her a drivers' license.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

its a NO NO.. but if she wants to stay here jst try to reconcile with her fiancee' so they can get married and file her papers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there no way that they can patch things up? If none, then she has to go back home. Being out of status, she will have a hard time looking for a stable job, she can't apply for SSN and driver's license. How will she sustain her stay her without money?

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

• 3 years later...
Timeline

hmmm...i wonder if this is the girl i know. who came here and after 8days asked her fiance if when theyre going to get married. then when he answered "NO RUSH" she got mad and told him "if it wasnt rush then why the hell you let me come over here? you should have let me stay with my family instead!

And then since then, they started fighting everyday. She would give him attitude for not buying her a cellphone, she complains that he wont let her meet new friends and hang out, she complains that he wont let her wear sexy clothes and she complains and so mad of him for telling her that she needs to earn his trust as the poor guy have been burned many times.

Eversince that day, she would always pick a fight, show attitude of superiority and would dare him to buy her a ticket so she could go home becoz her life is WAY much better in PI.

One day he took her to his office, she turned on the music s loud that made the fiance mad and told her that if she wanted soundtrip she should wear a headset becoz theyre in the office. Again she got mad, didnt look at him and out of no where once again asked him where is her ticket? the guy got pissed and took her home.

On their way home she told him that she wanted to passby a store to buy something but he said no, again she got mad and started asking about her ticket. They got home, via internet she asked me if i could call the ticketing office as she said its only him who went inside so i did but they said call back on monday. As soon as the fiance came home, she asked him if did he really booked her ticket or not. the guy was quiet and she went on saying so you mean you lied??? the guy got so pissed off he left and when back got the ticket booked but she canceled it as she says she already changed her mind. Days went on, fighting everyday went on the guy refuse to buy her ticket again.

One day when they fought again, after the guy left, she went walking to the bus station to go to some Jewish Mother to hang out. she went there alone and no permission. The same thing the next day, but later when she got home she found out that all her stuff is outside the house and the apartment locked up. She left and stayed with her frens, she told me the guy was texting her but she didnt wanna go back. Few days after that she called me and told me she met a new guy from cali and that hes really nice and was sending her money so i told her okey use that to buy ur plane ticket.

This girl has so many stories, all untrue, never matching up. sometimes she would say she wanna go home then the next she wanted to stay and marry another guy. She kept on reseaching for ways even thought she could use the waiver stuff to adjust status.

I have kept statements from her asking me and my husband to take her from her fiance's house and that she would stay to our house and later would just get work permit but my husband says no.

She had plans and intention to stay illegally in the US.

As of now one of the girl shes talking to suspected shes actually been living with another guy and she even said : it is wrong if i fell inlove"?

Im hoping OP is not referring to this girl who as of now is soliciting money for her " so called ticket to go home" becoz i think she dont intend to. and obviously the post says otherwise.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hmmm...i wonder if this is the girl i know. who came here and after 8days asked her fiance if when theyre going to get married. then when he answered "NO RUSH" she got mad and told him "if it wasnt rush then why the hell you let me come over here? you should have let me stay with my family instead!

And then since then, they started fighting everyday. She would give him attitude for not buying her a cellphone, she complains that he wont let her meet new friends and hang out, she complains that he wont let her wear sexy clothes and she complains and so mad of him for telling her that she needs to earn his trust as the poor guy have been burned many times.

Eversince that day, she would always pick a fight, show attitude of superiority and would dare him to buy her a ticket so she could go home becoz her life is WAY much better in PI.

One day he took her to his office, she turned on the music s loud that made the fiance mad and told her that if she wanted soundtrip she should wear a headset becoz theyre in the office. Again she got mad, didnt look at him and out of no where once again asked him where is her ticket? the guy got pissed and took her home.

On their way home she told him that she wanted to passby a store to buy something but he said no, again she got mad and started asking about her ticket. They got home, via internet she asked me if i could call the ticketing office as she said its only him who went inside so i did but they said call back on monday. As soon as the fiance came home, she asked him if did he really booked her ticket or not. the guy was quiet and she went on saying so you mean you lied??? the guy got so pissed off he left and when back got the ticket booked but she canceled it as she says she already changed her mind. Days went on, fighting everyday went on the guy refuse to buy her ticket again.

One day when they fought again, after the guy left, she went walking to the bus station to go to some Jewish Mother to hang out. she went there alone and no permission. The same thing the next day, but later when she got home she found out that all her stuff is outside the house and the apartment locked up. She left and stayed with her frens, she told me the guy was texting her but she didnt wanna go back. Few days after that she called me and told me she met a new guy from cali and that hes really nice and was sending her money so i told her okey use that to buy ur plane ticket.

This girl has so many stories, all untrue, never matching up. sometimes she would say she wanna go home then the next she wanted to stay and marry another guy. She kept on reseaching for ways even thought she could use the waiver stuff to adjust status.

I have kept statements from her asking me and my husband to take her from her fiance's house and that she would stay to our house and later would just get work permit but my husband says no.

She had plans and intention to stay illegally in the US.

As of now one of the girl shes talking to suspected shes actually been living with another guy and she even said : it is wrong if i fell inlove"?

Im hoping OP is not referring to this girl who as of now is soliciting money for her " so called ticket to go home" becoz i think she dont intend to. and obviously the post says otherwise.

You are replying to a 3 year old post.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

You are replying to a 3 year old post.

aw! sheesssh. i didnt notice that. i wonder why it was on my notifications lol

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

aw! sheesssh. i didnt notice that. i wonder why it was on my notifications lol

its ok, not far to a case ur referring to, and so other Pinay who new here in US they got their answer to what case you're pertaining to...

and for the information of others here who thinks that an I-94 can extend, then i am asking VJ members here.. If really an I-94 can be extend/ or if an expired I-94 can be extend?

and if a person who is a K1 visa holder can marry another guy here in USA, and just file a waiver??

Edited by marklovetina
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Closing a re-surrected old thread. Please start a new topic if you wish to discuss I-94 extensions and similar *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.