inGODShands

Processing Times Change AGAIN!!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Regardless of what the processing times say on the USCIS website, we all know it is running about 5 months to receive the NOA2 from the time the NOA1 is processed. So no point in really worrying about things until those 5 months have passed, not much else we can do, and other people have managed to wait that long. Soon it will be our turn.

I just becomes hard if the dates don't change. It's really hard for me. My wife is on the other side of the world. The time difference is 11.30 hrs. When i am up she is sleeping and when she is up I am ready to go to bed. Sometimes is hard to manage financial too.

My waiting time:

I130 - 278 Days = 9.26 months

I129 - 252 Days = 8.40

You are correct. It's really hard to have a long distace relationship. Overseas calls are too expensive. We need to give extra time and effort to spend with them in chat and e-mails. I have been apart to my fiance for 12 long years. We are bf and gf since high school days. We were sent apart because he needs to be with his family in nj while I need to finish college here in the philippines. I don't know what fate has came to us and we need to give up our relationship. It was the sadess part of my life.

But I never did loose hope. For 12 longs years I never forgotten him. I have keep tracing his address and know what he has been doing within that years through the help our common friends. During that time, he is not yet ready to return to me for some major reasons. I opted to be invisible to him for the sake of not making his life more complicated. I was satisfied of just keep watching him.

...... and now after 12 long years of praying to God. He has brought back my bf. This time it's for good. We met last June of this years. The feeling was good seeing again my bf in high school. I showed to him our js prom picture. He was amazed coz after all these years I have managed to keep all the memories.

To all of my vj family. Let's not loose hope. Keep holding tight to our faith. God is with us. For sure we can survive another long period of waiting. God bless us all :star:

God bless to everybody :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Can somebody PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me what's up with the Vermont Service Center??????? I just checked the USCIS website & it seems that they changed the processing time AGAIN!!!!! Except this time they didn't move forward.... they went BACKWARDS!!!!!!!! What's up with that????????? This is what it says for K-1 Visa Processing Time in Vermont:

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child March 07, 2008

Excuse me?????? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?????? I'm so frustrated with all these people already!!!!! It seems that just when we move 1 step forward, they move us 10 STEPS BACK!!! Someone PLEASE help me understand what all this is about. :crying:

Guys I have an idea - we should advice the people (US citizens) to join the military if they plan to file for K3. If you are in military then your case is their TOP priority. I spoke to one of the US Army recruiter to find out about this and he confirmed that if I was to join the military then they can take care of my file.

I filed ours on June 17 for I-130 and Jul 1st for I-129F... yes the processing did went backward instead of forward. Also if you read the USCIS letter addressed to the filers it stated that 2008 filers are double amount compared to 2007. I am pissed off but being pissed off can't change the way their, NVC, system works... its a roller coaster rides... some goes high.. some goes low and some just steady for a sec... but I will be just patiencely piss off waiting... I can't change what I can't control... if I can, I would have run for President, I think I can get a few votes here and there.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Can somebody PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me what's up with the Vermont Service Center??????? I just checked the USCIS website & it seems that they changed the processing time AGAIN!!!!! Except this time they didn't move forward.... they went BACKWARDS!!!!!!!! What's up with that????????? This is what it says for K-1 Visa Processing Time in Vermont:

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child March 07, 2008

Excuse me?????? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?????? I'm so frustrated with all these people already!!!!! It seems that just when we move 1 step forward, they move us 10 STEPS BACK!!! Someone PLEASE help me understand what all this is about. :crying:

Guys I have an idea - we should advice the people (US citizens) to join the military if they plan to file for K3. If you are in military then your case is their TOP priority. I spoke to one of the US Army recruiter to find out about this and he confirmed that if I was to join the military then they can take care of my file.

That is not true, there is no priority for military unless you are eligable for an expedite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

According to VJ Timelines you may not be too far off from being adjudicated. :)

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between December 15, 2008 and December 29, 2008*.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ًWell from my understanding it means that they are not done with people who filed in march yet .

but at the same time it doesn't mean just just work on people who filed in march cause there are so many people who filed in April,May,June and they got their NOA2 already .

we don't have anything to do but waiting and praying

Good luck

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

heya people :) just wanted to let you all know that VSC didnt' go backwards really. coz previously the processing times was for February, so now it's for March. it's basically to save the USCIS' #######! well, it basically means that the time frame could be for those people who filed in March but still haven't gotten NOA2 (which is very rare) and those who are out of the time frame, would have to call the USCIS. I guess they do this to avoid too many people from calling in!! heh... anyways, i don't think the USCIS can tell you much really. my fiance did try to call them last time, they're very nice but they can't help much (at least those customer service people)... anyways, it's moving along. i hope you guys get your NOA2s soon!!!

*good luck*!!!!

i don't think it has gone too far backward actually. it says the processing times were as of September 30th even though they were just posted today. so that's really just over 6 1/2 months. I personally prefer the actual dates for the time frame rather than the mysterious "6 months."

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
that stuff will drive you crazy. Remember, you are in God's hands! He is greater than the USCIS. All that stuff doesnt mean much. Trust God, He will get you through it, will be by our side the whole way, and get you where you need to go. His timing is not our timing, but its always perfect! Rest in His peace! God bless u! :luv:

Sometimes I envy people who have faith... For me my petition is just in immigration's hands...

Timeline
that stuff will drive you crazy. Remember, you are in God's hands! He is greater than the USCIS. All that stuff doesnt mean much. Trust God, He will get you through it, will be by our side the whole way, and get you where you need to go. His timing is not our timing, but its always perfect! Rest in His peace! God bless u! :luv:

Sometimes I envy people who have faith... For me my petition is just in immigration's hands...

Yes, my petition is in USCIS and the people that work there's hands.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

The official processing dates don't matter very much. The adjudication dates here on Visa Journey time lines are pretty accurate for most people.

Where the dates on the site do matter however is for the unlucky ones who are not processed with in the usual time frame. (6 months) The are not allowed to inquire about their case till they are 30 days outside of the normal processing times. So for these people its rather unfortunate that the date just jumped back significantly at VSC. However on the bright side at least they are updating that page regularly now. For the past 4 months or so that page stayed static with a date in February which just dragged their ability to inquire out indefinitely.

Now for the bright side for anyone still waiting, it looks like the USCIS is really committed to bringing the wait down. Look at what they posted on their front door:

"In the fee rule we also set a goal for the end of FY 2009 – to reduce average processing time by an average of 20% from our goals before the fee rule. We remain committed to that goal. The table below lists our goals before the fee rule and our goals the end of this fiscal year (September 30, 2009). Between them it shows our current national average active case processing time."

It took 132 days for my NOA 2, 20% reduction would have had us approved in 3 months time.

Edited by annax

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
the processing time changed several times when we were waiting for our noa2 and it was always backwards. i don't know why it moved forward to 6 months recently but they obviously decided that it needed to go back to where it was. pay attention to the dates on your timeline here on vj and try to stay positive. i know it probably doesn't seem like it now but you'll get there in the end and it'll all be worth it.

Hi ,i am new to this site and i am not quite sure how does it work, I saw your timelines and my NOA1 has as date 29/05/08 and as i can see from your page yours was also recorded in may, i am an italian citizen,living in UK my husband applyied for a k3 spouse visa in the US at VSC. I was very dissappointed by the dates published yesterday on the web-site but the fact that your visa filed in may has been approved cheers me up... Do u think i have good chances to be approved soon.... i ll be finishing my university here in London in january and by that time i am hoping to be approved and be reunited with my husband in the US.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
the processing time changed several times when we were waiting for our noa2 and it was always backwards. i don't know why it moved forward to 6 months recently but they obviously decided that it needed to go back to where it was. pay attention to the dates on your timeline here on vj and try to stay positive. i know it probably doesn't seem like it now but you'll get there in the end and it'll all be worth it.

Hi ,i am new to this site and i am not quite sure how does it work, I saw your timelines and my NOA1 has as date 29/05/08 and as i can see from your page yours was also recorded in may, i am an italian citizen,living in UK my husband applyied for a k3 spouse visa in the US at VSC. I was very dissappointed by the dates published yesterday on the web-site but the fact that your visa filed in may has been approved cheers me up... Do u think i have good chances to be approved soon.... i ll be finishing my university here in London in january and by that time i am hoping to be approved and be reunited with my husband in the US.

I'm a k-1 filer not a k-3. I think our petitions go a bit faster then k-3's. I dont know much about k-3s, but I know there is a section on here where k-3 filers track and discuss their petitions. They'd be able to answer your question a bit better.

Timeline

I got this in a email today from a site I subscribe to. Kinda makes you laugh.

Emigrate Now - Hats off to the USCIS

There is cause for optimism that visa application processing times will continue to fall next year, with the announcements of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) successes this year and planned improvements for 2009.

Over a million new citizens were able to take the Oath of Allegiance during 2008, and naturalisation application processing times fell to nine-to-ten months – down from the 16-to-18 months predicted in late 2007 - due to improvements made by the USCIS.

The USCIS reforms for 2008 included hiring 1,600 new adjudications officers during 2008, working with the FBI to effectively eliminate all name checks pending for over two years, and successfully increasing participation in E-Verify, the nation's employment eligibility verification system.

USCIS plans for the 2009 fiscal year include the goal of a 20 per cent reduction in processing times for the majority of key petitions and applications.

To find out more about the USCIS' achievements and to read what USCIS acting director Jonathan Scharfen had to say about the agency's past performance and future plans for the coming 12 months, read the December edition of Emigrate America newspaper.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

You just have to put your time in and wait, unfortunately. Once you get beyond the number of days that they list on their website for processing, you can give them a call and they might be able to give you a sense of how things are going. But after going through this for almost 2 years, and finally getting our GC approval the other day, I can say from experience that worrying does no good. Just wait, follow their instructions, and it will all happen eventually. Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.