chispas

All Quiet on the Western front

33 posts in this topic

Hola Amigos

After some well appreciated quiet time, I'm back with surprising news and a question. I've posted before that since I filled out the Adjustment of Status request for my husband I have not heard a single peep from immigration. Low and behold, the other day a letter showed up in my mail box with a date for an interview to remove conditions. Unfortunately I had not been to the PO box in weeks and the date for the appointment has gone by. The curious thing is that this is the first time I have ever been asked to come in for an interview and the second thing is that I didn't not file to remove conditions. Of course it asks me to bring in all the information to prove that we have a relationship ...yada yada but we are not together and don't live together. Anyone have this happen to them before?

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know the answer to your question but I just wanted to say hey :luv:

Hey Zee,

Hugs hugs hugs to ya. My daughter told me it was crazy in Philly tonight after the World Series. She said she stayed inside because folks were out shootin' with the excitement. Take care chica and loved the wedding pics.

Edited by chispas

Filed: Other Timeline
Hola Amigos

After some well appreciated quiet time, I'm back with surprising news and a question. I've posted before that since I filled out the Adjustment of Status request for my husband I have not heard a single peep from immigration. Low and behold, the other day a letter showed up in my mail box with a date for an interview to remove conditions. Unfortunately I had not been to the PO box in weeks and the date for the appointment has gone by. The curious thing is that this is the first time I have ever been asked to come in for an interview and the second thing is that I didn't not file to remove conditions. Of course it asks me to bring in all the information to prove that we have a relationship ...yada yada but we are not together and don't live together. Anyone have this happen to them before?

((((((Hoooollllllaaaaaaaaaaaaa)))))) ((((((((chiiiiiiiiiissssssssssspppaaaaasssss))))))

:star: I've missed you :star:

you know I have no idea :unsure: about your question

( :angry: my flight never left the run way :wacko: )

but, I have read of alot of similar stuff in the "major effects" forum.

maybe someone knows something there :blush:

I'd bet "the mermaid or pshbrk" {sp}) may know something, possibly r-jo??

they're s-m-r-t!!!! :thumbs:

take care chica, dont be a stranger. ;)

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good to see you chispas.

you might try posting this question in the aos forum.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hola hola Uno: Como estas?

Omoba: I think you might be right as the letter came in only his name with the specifications of what to bring for proof of marriage. Also, a few days ago he texted me telling me that we should consider seeing each other every so often. NOT!

Charles: I think you are right I'll repost over there

Hey again ZEE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Don't know the answer to your question but I just wanted to say hey :luv:

Me too !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Chispas, I think what happened is that he filed for ROC without the waiver. In that case, I think USCIS thinks you are still married and by some luck of the draw you were selected for an interview.

I am guessing that since you got the letter he did not pick it up. In that case I think that missing the appointment means that he is forgoing his ROC and it is considered abandoned. I don't know what happens next (whether he will have to leave) but I do know that it is not your headache :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hola Amigos

Hi girl!!!!! WOW....interesting!

a few days ago he texted me telling me that we should consider seeing each other every so often. NOT!

Oh no he did not!!!!!! He got nerve! :wacko:

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

uscis sends messages thru the snail mail and internet in most cases, HE probably

didn't miss the appointment.

Hey girl I hope your doing well!!!

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hay Chispas,

It has been a while. I hope all is well.

My husbands letter for dropping conditions on the conditional gc did not request us to have a interview....We Just sent in the paperwork and... tada a couple months later got the new card. Maybe they picked up on something that did not seem right.

Jodi

Hola Amigos

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Yes he did Ose! More new information. Got another invite that we should work on the relationship and that he really wants the marriage to work!!! This is the guy that I had not seen in six months right? Today he tells me he got a letter from USCIS telling him to come in for an interview. I texted him back and said, "really?" "Just got the letter today?" He now claims he has an appointment set for the 12th of November and that we have to go to this appointment together. I didn't bother to answer that text and then I called USCIS. I asked about the appointment and was told that they couldn't discuss the case with me unless he was present. They wouldn't even tell me what this so-called interview was about just that he has an interview. My hunch is some how either they found him or he put in a request of some sort and now has another interview. The interesting part is how transparent his intentions are but he really doesn't give a damn if I know he is just doing this for the green card. He is just continuing on as if I have the obligation to help him. I guess since there were no consequences for the blackmail he feels he's got in in the bag.

I suspect he'll go to the interview on his own and quickly learn about his options to remain here without having me sign anything. Shucks, I have't been involved in the process since Adjustment of Status so why start now! I'll post anything new if it comes up.

uscis sends messages thru the snail mail and internet in most cases, HE probably

didn't miss the appointment.

Hey girl I hope your doing well!!!

I think this new interview he is talking about might be one that was rescheduled or he went to that one and was told to bring me there. Either way he is one piece of work. Crazy like a fox.

Chispas, I think what happened is that he filed for ROC without the waiver. In that case, I think USCIS thinks you are still married and by some luck of the draw you were selected for an interview.

I am guessing that since you got the letter he did not pick it up. In that case I think that missing the appointment means that he is forgoing his ROC and it is considered abandoned. I don't know what happens next (whether he will have to leave) but I do know that it is not your headache :)

I need a vacation so that he can't find me. :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.