Machiavillain

Third K1 Visa

574 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I understand the need to have a wife but filing for a k1 visa for third time in the same foreign country is just INSANE

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I am sorry but I have to agree with steve55 a little bit, My circumstances are different but being a 41 year old male and wanting children are big differences for me.

So here I am a 41 year old man, whose biggest regret in life in not having kids of his own…

This puts me in a precarious position.

1 finding a woman that WANTS to have kids

2 Finding a woman that WANTS to have children with a 41 year old man

3 Finding a woman that wants to have kids and does not have any of her own (You may find it distasteful but raising two kids that haven’t talked to me since the divorce will do that to a person)

4 I am 6’ 3” and weigh 215 lbs, finding a woman with the above qualifications that does not weigh more than me (no matter what you say sexual attraction is important in a relationship I just am not attracted to a woman that I cant put my arms around or that I cant breath when she lies on top of me)

5 Finding a woman that wants peace in her life, wants to raise a family with good family values (she can work or not as long as she is happy, my income is well in the top 10 percentile of the US. I only ask that if she works that child care not cost us more than what she earns, if it does then it is a better financial decision for her to be with the kids)

So when you look at it from my perspective I am not being picky or closed minded I just know what I want….. Most woman run for the hills when I discuss what I want and the ones that don’t, have other problems that make them usually come out within a few months of dating.

So here I am, I have found what I find to be the perfect woman. A 24 year old Filipino woman that wants the same thing in life as I do. We met through the wife of a co worker. We talked on line for 5 months, I visited her for 20 days in the summer, and we started talking about marriage and the K1 visa process. She really wanted to get married in the Philippines and be given away by her father, and her parents wanted to witness her wedding. We got married December, 29 2008. I am totally nuts about her and she is probably more nuts about me……… and that my friends is why I find myself on VJ, researching the K3 process

Troy W.

+1000 to you buddy. :thumbs:

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

4 I am 6’ 3” and weigh 215 lbs, finding a woman with the above qualifications that does not weigh more than me (no matter what you say sexual attraction is important in a relationship I just am not attracted to a woman that I cant put my arms around or that I cant breath when she lies on top of me)

For anyone curious -- 6'3" and 215 lbs is a BMI of 26.9, anything above a BMI of 25 is considered overweight. I believe the "average" American woman is 5'4" and somewhere between 130-140, with a BMI in the "normal" category.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

For anyone curious -- 6'3" and 215 lbs is a BMI of 26.9, anything above a BMI of 25 is considered overweight. I believe the "average" American woman is 5'4" and somewhere between 130-140, with a BMI in the "normal" category.

ahhh...but he's rich :devil:

ahhh...but he's rich :devil:

Indeed! what ARE the top 10% making these days? Six figures? Seven?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think you would be better served to look for someone closer in age and interests. By doing that you would be less at risk for attracting a scammer. It's a red flag for trouble when you petition someone way out of your league. We all know what is in our "league" so to speak. I too would never consider marrying another American woman after my personal experience and those of so many others I know.

Hey now not all of us are jerks..many american women are wonderful people...just like in all countries there are jerks and rude folks EVERYWHERE.

ALSO remember there are age gaps that DO work. My has and so have others and you are welcome to see for your self at agelesslove.com.

SOME younger people ARE mature some are not just like SOME old people are immature and some are not.

Age does not mean you are wiser.

yes i agree its not the age that is the problem here, trust me,, im divorced from a man whos my age ,,, heheheh, but his mnd was 10 ehhehehe but alhamdillah i now married to the best man in all life i know,, and hes much younger than me in age,, but maturity is of my age,,,, now in my opinion with this guy is that he keeps looking for women in same country,, like this is all he wants is someone from there,,, and thats not cool... someone from phillipines dont mean love,, someone from egypt dont meanlove,, some one from usa dont mean love,,, two hearts uniteing as one,,,,,,,,, that is love and dont matter what country they from or thier age,,,,

dSCDm6.png

sent i-130 10-16-2009

noa1 recieved 10-26-2009

noa2 recieved 2-27-2010. got no rfes thank god!

case completed 4 months 1 week and 4 days

date recieved by nvc 3-10-2010

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :3-17-2010

Return Completed DS-3032 :3-17-2010

Pay I-864 Bill :3-19-2010

Receive I-864 Package 3-19-2010. used nvc shortcuts!

Return I-864 Package 3-27-2010

-- Receive IV Bill : 3-27-2010

-- Pay IV Bill : 3-27-2010

-- Receive Instruction Package :

-- sent iv packet 4-1-2010

-- Case Completed at NVC : 5-7-2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyy!

Date Package Left From NVC :5-11-2010

interview date-6-23-2010

interview results-approveddddddddd! no ap!!! yayayaya skippy!

visa recieved-visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! june 29.2010 6 days after interview!!!

port of entry- j.f.k july 2 2010!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
anything above a BMI of 25 is considered overweight

But, BMI isn't good at accounting for muscle mass. Maybe he lifts alot?

exactly...not all people who have a higher BMI are *fat*

:bonk:

and so what if that person is overweight...ack

i just think it is an EEK situation with filing HOW many k1 visas

sorry but sounds like someone needs to work on HIM so he CAN find someone who will stay and not want to back out.

Or find someone who WONT use him for money or a GC :thumbs:

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My...My how discussion topics move around… lol

From wikipedia....... and about all that needs to be said on the BMI subject LOL,,,,,,,,

Limitations and shortcomings

The medical establishment has generally acknowledged some shortcomings of BMI. Because the BMI is dependent only upon weight and height, it makes simplistic assumptions about distribution of muscle and bone mass, and thus may overestimate adiposity on those with more lean body mass (e.g. athletes) while underestimating adiposity on those with less lean body mass (e.g. the elderly).

One recent study Romero-Corral et al. found that BMI-defined obesity was present in 19.1% of men and 24.7% of women, but that obesity as measured by bodyfat percentage was present in 43.9% of men and 52.3% of women. Moreover, in the intermediate range of BMI (25-29.9), BMI failed to discriminate between bodyfat percentage and lean mass. The study concluded that "the accuracy of BMI in diagnosing obesity is limited, particularly for individuals in the intermediate BMI ranges, in men and in the elderly... These results may help to explain the unexpected better survival in overweight/mild obese patients."

The exponent of 2 in the denominator of the formula for BMI is arbitrary. It is meant to reduce variability in the BMI associated only with a difference in size, rather than with differences in weight relative to one's ideal weight. If taller people were simply scaled-up versions of shorter people, the appropriate exponent would be 3, as weight would increase with the cube of height. However, on average, taller people have a slimmer build relative to their height than do shorter people, and the exponent which matches the variation best is between 2 and 3. An analysis based on data gathered in the USA suggested an exponent of 2.6 would yield the best fit for children aged 2 to 19 years old. The exponent 2 is used instead by convention and for simplicity.

Some argue that the error in the BMI is significant and so pervasive that it is not generally useful in evaluation of health. Owing to these limitations, body composition for athletes is often better calculated using measures of body fat, as determined by such techniques as skinfold measurements or underwater weighing and the limitations of manual measurement have also led to new, alternative methods to measure obesity, such as the body volume index. However, recent studies of American football linemen who undergo intensive weight training to increase their muscle mass show that they frequently suffer many of the same problems as people ordinarily considered obese, notably sleep apnea.

In an analysis of 40 studies involving 250,000 people, heart patients with normal BMIs were at higher risk of death from cardiovascular disease than people whose BMIs put them in the "overweight" range (BMI 25-29.9). Patients who were underweight (BMI <20) or severely obese (BMI >35) did, however, show an increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease. The implications of this finding can be confounded by the fact that many chronic diseases, such as diabetes, can cause weight loss before the eventual death. In light of this, higher death rates among thinner people would be the expected result.

A further limitation relates to loss of height through aging. In this situation, BMI will increase without any corresponding increase in weight.

To overcome the shortcomings of BMI, and some of the less acknowledged limitations inherent in body fat percentages, the concepts fat-free mass index (FFMI) and fat mass index (FMI) were introduced in the early 1990s (VanItallie TB, Yang MU, Heymsfield SB, Funk RC, Boileau RA. Height-normalized indices of the body's fat-free mass and fat mass: potentially useful indicators of nutritional status. Am J Clin Nutr. Dec 1990;52(6):953-959).

Oh, as a recovering anorexic, I totally understand the shortcomings of BMI. But still. I thought it was hilarious that he's conventionally considered overweight, yet he's complaining about American women who are overweight. Hypocrisy, much?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Oh, as a recovering anorexic, I totally understand the shortcomings of BMI. But still. I thought it was hilarious that he's conventionally considered overweight, yet he's complaining about American women who are overweight. Hypocrisy, much?

"Overweight" is such a general term it is pretty much without meaning until qualified. I certainly understand why a person 10 pounds over some "normal" weight would not be attracted to a mate 150 pounds overweight but I'd think them silly to be impacted by a similar few pounds overweight. Chemistry is important to most people. My wife is currently about 10 pounds over her "ideal" weight and 5 over her "usual". Since I'm 30 over my "usual" and 60 over any "ideal" me being bothered by her being "overweight" would seem pretty silly to me. Besides, my attraction is based on many factors with "weight" hardly being at the top.

To each his/her own.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
"Overweight" is such a general term it is pretty much without meaning until qualified. I certainly understand why a person 10 pounds over some "normal" weight would not be attracted to a mate 150 pounds overweight but I'd think them silly to be impacted by a similar few pounds overweight. Chemistry is important to most people. My wife is currently about 10 pounds over her "ideal" weight and 5 over her "usual". Since I'm 30 over my "usual" and 60 over any "ideal" me being bothered by her being "overweight" would seem pretty silly to me. Besides, my attraction is based on many factors with "weight" hardly being at the top.

To each his/her own.

:thumbs:

I am not overweight, just 13 pounds over my usual, Daniel finds it quite attractive, ofcourse he's hoping for 20 over usual :P

Edited by DanielParul

Oh I love these " I'm shopping for a foreign wife because American/Western women are........." threads! There's bad apples in every basket-not just the American one!

If you have to rationalize your choice of bride by deriding women from America, the problem is more with YOU than American women.

it just goes to show that he shoulda gotten the extended warranty!

Or kept his receipt.

Seriously. I don't know about everyone else, but I have plenty of female friends who are happily married to American men, and they're slim and attractive, and interested in family....

They're not interested in guys who hate American women, of course, but that's not a problem with *them*. :whistle:

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:o

I thought IMBRA was also created to limit serial visa applications.

Steve55 will you stop petitioning if the next "fiancée" doesn't work out for whatever reason ?

I dont know. Im looking both here locally and still keeping the overseas option in mind. Ive not been ready to fall for anyone again. Im still trying to recover from the trauma of my last case of poor judgement on my part. The foreign ladies (from Asia and Latin America ) are so humble and undemanding and Appreciative compared to many western ladies, that I am most likely to try the overseas thing again. I have a friend who also just wants to find a wife. He is dying to go with me to the Philippines next time I go. He is having horrible luck here with the girls here in the US. He is 40 and a little overweight (6' and 230lbs) but not much. Girls here blow him off all the time, girls under 35 think he is too old for them, and girls over 35 tend to have kids and dont seem to be very interested in pursuing anything serious. He will have an easy time finding a lady overseas who would love to marry him. Also, they dont care about age differences like Western ladies tend to. In my opinion, most foreign girls simply want a husband and family (with or without material things). Maybe its because they grew up poor and dont have such high material demands. I think in general , (not all) western ladies feel entitled to everything while foreign girls appreciate whatever you can do for them. In general (not all) Western ladies EXPECT or demand to have the finer things in life and arent happy without them. I dont have that stress level with foreign ladies (at least not the ones from asia and latin america) . It seems to me that as long as a man is kind, descent and respectful , foreign girls are happy with this. Western girls, well, it takes so much more than that. Just my opinion from personal experience. I know many will disagree and thats ok. Sorry if this offends the western ladies here, but its really how I truly feel and many guys in the US agree with me on this difference.

Edited by steve55

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
There is no reason to put all American women in one category no matter what you have gone through with a few. I repeat, it has nothing to do with being from a certain country, its about being a woman and if you can't take care of them the way you want your expectations to be met, they will leave eventually. Maybe a little introspection is what you need before you jump into another relationship. Try to find out why women don't stay with you rather than shopping for another one just to have a baby. You might find that its not all women's faults that they don't stick around. After all no matter what, 3 K1s is a lot of baggage and if a woman is very easily going to overlook that aspect in your relationship then I really don't know how much she's thinking about her future with you.

Again, many men think as I do, just look at some of the replies on this board alone. SOme men are agreeing with me. A significant majority of Western woman ARE materialistic to a degree and when the man cant foot a certain lifestyle, or doesnt make enough $$, she will divorce you. FIlipinas just arent that way.

Secondly, LOL, I have no problems with woman wanting to stay with me. In fact, every girlfriend here in the US I have dated would have married me . But I was too much of a playboy back then. I even have a few x GF here who would love to marry me. But they are not my type. The girls in the philippines who backed out, again, they were too young and I took that risk of going for girls so young who may not be ready to settle down like they may have thought they were. The first one admitted to me that it wasnt me, and that she started rethinking about marrying at only 19 yrs old. The 2nd one was a similar deal excpet that her parents seemed to have oput her up to it from the get go(long story I wont go into here now)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.