Eagleeye

Accused of Marriage Fraud!

44 posts in this topic

Hello to all memebers,

I had posted here some months back regarding my hysterical and vindictive US spouse.I am now at a ponit where i can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.we were married june 2007 and three months into marriage noticed signs of mental abuse.(We had a minor misundertsatnding and USC threatens not to file AOS). We some how got through this time and had a happy normal life until i got appraoval notice for CPR-1.

Things got worse when started i applying for jobs to any place she did not approve she litterally threw a fit,calling my family and telling them how "stubborn'' i was.Any misudestatnding we had she would remind me that she brought me here and can take me out.I am not trying to say that i had no flaws but i knew for sure that those threats were totally unwarrnted..... My show of affection and trust naturally dwindled, and you bet things got worse.

We seperated in march 2008 after i confronted her.Telling her that i could no longer put up with the baiting and stipulations or the fear of what harm she could do beacuse of the green card accuired throug marraige.(bear in mind she had conatantly kept very late nights for a whole month) with flimsy exuces.During this confronatation she tried hard to create violenec,threw several object at me ,pushed and yelled,but thanks to God I held my peace and eventually she asked me to leave her house (we had been married for 9 months then and my name was never added to lease).I had no place to go to and was barely a month at work,so i went to a mens shelter (one of the most degrading periods of my life).

A week from this inicdence we were able to come to talking terms.She apologised and begged me to come back home, i refused (probably bull headed of me)But at that time felt the worst,my stand was that she should attend anger mangement classes and we should move into another apartment where we both signed the lease(she refused) and in a week from this she closed our joint account,changed my cell phone voicemail which was i her possesion and reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding due to debts.

She refused to coperate at couselling and played the fraud card becuase i would not come home.The couselors were no longer willing to work with us.she and her family treated me like dirt and would not make any attempts to help the situation(their counsel was that they would support their daughter with whatever she decided).This got me thinking these people would be my childerns grandparents.......NOT!

For months later she USC filed for leagl seperation with a claim that she has hope for reconcliation and i counter filed for a divorce.We have no property on children so divorce should be staright foward.But now she accuses me of using her for a green card.I came here on a K1 VISA.I believe with little doubt that she has made up all kind of stories with and told immigration,she is in posseion of my childhood and college pictures and denies having them i have asked her to return them but i guess this is her ways of punishing me for fliling for a divorce.......i think she is seriously confused and mad at herself.

I know i can file for self petition once divorce is final and i would love to stay here in USA if possible but what effect would her false acusation of fraud have on my AOS later on?

Thanks for your suggestions

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello to all memebers,

I had posted here some months back regarding my hysterical and vindictive US spouse.I am now at a ponit where i can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.we were married june 2007 and three months into marriage noticed signs of mental abuse.(We had a minor misundertsatnding and USC threatens not to file AOS). We some how got through this time and had a happy normal life until i got appraoval notice for CPR-1.

Things got worse when started i applying for jobs to any place she did not approve she litterally threw a fit,calling my family and telling them how "stubborn'' i was.Any misudestatnding we had she would remind me that she brought me here and can take me out.I am not trying to say that i had no flaws but i knew for sure that those threats were totally unwarrnted..... My show of affection and trust naturally dwindled, and you bet things got worse.

We seperated in march 2008 after i confronted her.Telling her that i could no longer put up with the baiting and stipulations or the fear of what harm she could do beacuse of the green card accuired throug marraige.(bear in mind she had conatantly kept very late nights for a whole month) with flimsy exuces.During this confronatation she tried hard to create violenec,threw several object at me ,pushed and yelled,but thanks to God I held my peace and eventually she asked me to leave her house (we had been married for 9 months then and my name was never added to lease).I had no place to go to and was barely a month at work,so i went to a mens shelter (one of the most degrading periods of my life).

A week from this inicdence we were able to come to talking terms.She apologised and begged me to come back home, i refused (probably bull headed of me)But at that time felt the worst,my stand was that she should attend anger mangement classes and we should move into another apartment where we both signed the lease(she refused) and in a week from this she closed our joint account,changed my cell phone voicemail which was i her possesion and reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding due to debts.

She refused to coperate at couselling and played the fraud card becuase i would not come home.The couselors were no longer willing to work with us.she and her family treated me like dirt and would not make any attempts to help the situation(their counsel was that they would support their daughter with whatever she decided).This got me thinking these people would be my childerns grandparents.......NOT!

For months later she USC filed for leagl seperation with a claim that she has hope for reconcliation and i counter filed for a divorce.We have no property on children so divorce should be staright foward.But now she accuses me of using her for a green card.I came here on a K1 VISA.I believe with little doubt that she has made up all kind of stories with and told immigration,she is in posseion of my childhood and college pictures and denies having them i have asked her to return them but i guess this is her ways of punishing me for fliling for a divorce.......i think she is seriously confused and mad at herself.

I know i can file for self petition once divorce is final and i would love to stay here in USA if possible but what effect would her false acusation of fraud have on my AOS later on?

It would appear she's attempting to release herself from the obligations of the I-864. If successful in showing fraud on your part, removing conditions will be quite difficult for you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow!! You have been through a lot, but I too also agree that she is probably trying to avoid the I-864 stipulations. I would personally seek legal advice. The best you could do is just ask how you could make your situation better and what to avoid because you never know what hidden laws there are concerning your green card and the amount of time you need to stay together, especially if you haven't been married 2 years.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am inexperienced in this arena, but wouldn't she have to have some sort of physical proof of fraud? Is it that easy to just say fraud without proof?

Immigration issues set aside, it sounds like you are lucky to have gotten out of this situation.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What are your plans now? Since you came here for love and to be with

her are you thinking about returning to your country? What would make you

want to stay here? It certainly isn't her.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

What are your plans now? Since you came here for love and to be with

her are you thinking about returning to your country? What would make you

want to stay here? It certainly isn't her.

Good question. I would definitely consider going back home for emotional support, if nothing else.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow what did you do to pizz her off that much????

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good luck, sorry you have been through so much so fast.

I would go home to my family for some healing.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

The allegation of fraudulent intent should have less bearing on a successful removal of conditions than the evidence you have that you shared a residence and commingled your financial and social lives. Any evidence that once you left the marital home, she asked for you to return? I would suspect that if you did, it would cause USCIS to dismiss her allegation, entirely, and chalk it up to the actions of an embittered spouse. If she really did suspect that your initial motivation was for immigrant benefit alone, there's no chance she'd beg you to come back later.

Hello to all memebers,

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yah she filed for seperation not divorce. she wanted possible reconciliation..thats why I asked what you did to upset her? If you want free get divorce and proove your initial intent to marry and make it work. I wouldnt focus on her abuse andd being "crazy" men caneasily drive women over the edge.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Timeline
Yah she filed for seperation not divorce. she wanted possible reconciliation..thats why I asked what you did to upset her? If you want free get divorce and proove your initial intent to marry and make it work. I wouldnt focus on her abuse andd being "crazy" men caneasily drive women over the edge.

:thumbs: Three sides to every story.

Sorry for what you are going through. I would take the advice of others here and seek an immigration attorney.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.