freeheeler

What age gap

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in the process of preparing my K1 visa application to bring my fiancee to the Us from the Philippines

I came to the States 5 years ago and married a US citizen. It did'nt work out for many reasons, mostly financial after she left me nearly bankrupt. She them wanted a divorce. This all happened within the space of two years.

So, I had an immigration lawyer apply on my behalf to have my conditions removed and it was done with no problems. The lawyers submitted all the evidence that i entered into the marriage in good faith and it was accepted.

Now, I've been dating my Filipina g/f for two years, I've been to visit her 4 times. Two weeks ago I was granted my US citizenship.

I've been told by a few people that I will already have a red flag against my name because of the previous marriage and any other red flag may cause problems. One of them being a large age difference. There is an age gap of 25 years for us.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Video of Donesa after passing her scuba certification

click here ----Diving at Apo island-----click here

289850969_viXZ6-S.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

older for men doesnt seem to matter

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
There is an age gap of 25 years for us.
Like 'em young, eh?

Just tell USCIS that women your own age are old and crabby and if you can get a young 'un, then why shouldn't you?

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
Like 'em young, eh?

Just tell USCIS that women your own age are old and crabby and if you can get a young 'un, then why shouldn't you?

Pretty much what I have planned to say then point at her and say, "Look at her she is hot."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm looking at your pictures and I'm trying to figure out your age....you look like you're in your 30's at the most. In my opinion, the age difference depends on the age of the couple. There's a big difference between a 20 yr. old woman marrying a 45 yr. old and a 25 yr. old marrying a 50 yr. old.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
There's a big difference between a 20 yr. old woman ... and a 25 yr. old
One would hope. Unfortunately, I think that is often not the case.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I looked at the photos more closely...his fiancee looks like she's 17 maybe...so he's 42?

I looked at the photos more closely...his fiancee looks like she's 17 maybe...so he's 42?

if so.. 17.. not on her proper age to marry.. IMO.. :whistle:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

They already know your age when you file your original petition. If they approve it, that shouldn't be an issue. My husband and I have a 21 year age gap and I'm the older one. It didn't make a difference. Best wishes for your success!

I can't believe the replies to the OP in this thread!

To the OP: If you search in VJ, you'll find that there are sometimes large age gaps between petitioner and beneficiary. Sometimes it's the older male, sometimes females. I would say that there are many reasons for denial that go beyong age. I think from what I've read on VJ, that a larger age gap between two people is more greatly accepted in the Philippines.

I wouldn't think that you having been a beneficiary several years ago would matter. You're now a U.S. Citizen, and are applying for your fiance.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this thread was in ot, i moved it here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

this thread was in ot, i moved it here.

Yes, much better that it was moved from OT, however, I'm still surprised at the replies to the thread. Very disrespectful.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.