freeheeler

What age gap

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I can't believe the replies to the OP in this thread!

this thread was in ot, i moved it here.

Yes, much better that it was moved from OT, however, I'm still surprised at the replies to the thread. Very disrespectful.

par for the course in ot. :angry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow Some people are extremely immature in their answer.

I have been with a younger man for over 2 years and it is the best relationship I have ever been in.

Just because you are closer in age is NOT a guarantee it will work any better then if the partner is older

There are MANY and I mean MANY age gap relationships that are working and many are together for over 10 to 20 some years. I find it CHILDISH that some bonehead will make a rude comment about a couple who are in love.

Every relationship I was in with someone my age FAILED AND it was the most boring, abusive relationships.

I am not saying because they were closer to my age they will be abusive; BUT that was the case for me.

I would love to invite EVERYONE over to AGELESSLOVE. It is a support site for older women/younger men

Older men/younger women AND even same sex that are in age gap relationships.

YOU WILL FIND TONS of us on there that are in working relationships.

AGE GAP SUPPORT...agelesslove

My relationship works JUST like any other relationship. I did not CHASE him; nor am I a cougar. He chased me. I get SICK of the cougar term to. There are only a HANDFUL of older women who are COUGARS, most of us get pursued by the younger man. I can also tell you I have see many younger men who have had bad relationships with younger women because they were to immature for them (same goes the other way)

IT IS A PERFERANCE...IF you like an older person to share your life it is NO ONES BEESWAX. Who gives a ####### what other moronic closed minded people think. Why should WE be judged? We are normal people who just love someone older or younger.

IF the two people ARE consenting adults OVER the age of 18 then it is; LIKE I said, NO ONES BUSINESS, It is not families business or friends who can tell you who to date, THAT is YOUR choice.

In the end it is YOUR relationship and if you are happy then GO FOR IT!!

We are and so far so good it is truly the best and most amazing relationship I have ever been in. I feel 100% blessed to have this man in my life and I look forward to spending the rest of it with him (OH and if your concerned about CHILDREN...THAT is already taken care of)

PS I know many on that agelesslove site WHO have received the fiance visa AND marriage visa...SO do not sweat it....IF it is a legit relationship AND you can prove it..YOU will be okay..I welcome you to the site I posted for support in age gaps....also JUST ignore the ignorant folks. They have no real idea what it is about:) also many folk HAVE DIVORCED...some more then once AND received a visa...

HUGS and good luck

Meri/Kai

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband is 16 years older than I am. We did not have any problems whatsoever in any step of our visa journey, and we were both married before.

From a personal point of view I think this age difference is pushing it. I could not image having a 20+ years age gap. But that's my personal experience, quite a few people here have huge age gaps and seem to be fine.

When we started dating I was almost 30. Big difference to dating a girl in her early twenties, believe me!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just want to say, if you love her, then apply for her. What's the alternative? If it goes through, it goes through and you live happily ever after. If it doesn't, then you find an alternative course to travel. I firmly believe in never putting the cart before the horse, so stop worrying until you are given reason to worry.

I wish you luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
My husband is 16 years older than I am. We did not have any problems whatsoever in any step of our visa journey, and we were both married before.

From a personal point of view I think this age difference is pushing it. I could not image having a 20+ years age gap. But that's my personal experience, quite a few people here have huge age gaps and seem to be fine.

When we started dating I was almost 30. Big difference to dating a girl in her early twenties, believe me!

true BUT I am in a 21 year age difference BUT he is more mature then my ex who was 11 months older then me. It depends on what the younger person has experienced to. My fiance has experienced things that no one his age should have. Abuse will either make you grow up faster OR it will retreat you. He grew up faster (I will not go into details of his past as it is a harsh horrible story)

I have seen younger people who have it 100% together and older people who do not..SO depends as not all younger women or men are immature:)

I have seen people get visas with a 20+ age difference so if he can prove it is full legit then I see no issue...AGE is JUST a number:)

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

my Godfather's wife, therefore my Godmother was 15 years older than him.

It's all about the attitude, when they are together you would never think that she was older than him, they were married for over 40 years before my Godfather passed away a long time time ago.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As long as both people are consenting adults, I couldn't care less about the age difference.

I would even argue that Hugh Hefner and his bunny girlfriends have real relationships. They all seem to get what they want out of it. Maybe they don't talk philosophy or discuss scientific advancements together, but as long as they're not missing it, then they're happy! If it works for them, then more power to them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you to those that took the time to answer in an adult manner, whether it was complimentary or not.

My g/f is not seventeen and well over the age to marry, which I guess makes me not in my 30's either but thanks for the compliment anyway. Given that 30 - 40% of marriages fail in the UK and the USA and most of those are probably in the 2 - 5 yr age gap range, i don't really think that age has a big part to play in it

Did'nt quite expect some of the answers on this forum but what the heck!!! No offence has been taken!! If we fail the test then I sell up and retire early to the Philippines. Win win situation

Edited by freeheeler

Video of Donesa after passing her scuba certification

click here ----Diving at Apo island-----click here

289850969_viXZ6-S.jpg

Timeline

For those interested, if any, my reason for choosing my fiancee is that I wanted someone who I could spend all my time with and not leave her at home. I still compete in ski racing, climbing and scuba diving. I spoke with numerous ladies of all ages when I was looking for a lifelong partner. Most were not interested in trying any of my activites and that is not what I wanted. I don't own a TV at home and spend as little time as possible in-doors. If I thought my age or my health would be a burden to her then I would not put her through the relationship.

289850969_viXZ6-S.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i am 23 years older than my wife. We had no problems at all with our visa process.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
Hi, i am 23 years older than my wife. We had no problems at all with our visa process.

Chris

Thank you. You look great together

289850969_viXZ6-S.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.