I might have to give up hope :(

64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You could also remind your family that when you do marry and he has been a permanent resident in the US for 3 years he can become an American citizen - and they would be off the hook regardless - plus having an American son-in-law again. Good luck. I hope you find a solution to your problem. It may be a matter of more time until you can be together but if that is your objective, do think of this as a speed bump.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you thought about a church sponsoring??? Or if you go to church maybe someone from there could help. It is worth a try ... I know my church helps its members allot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You could also remind your family that when you do marry and he has been a permanent resident in the US for 3 years he can become an American citizen - and they would be off the hook regardless - plus having an American son-in-law again. Good luck. I hope you find a solution to your problem. It may be a matter of more time until you can be together but if that is your objective, do think of this as a speed bump.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

First I want to say Thankyou to you all for your kind words and great advice.

I have not thought of a church as I dont attend any so they wouldnt be able to help , I dont believe anyways. I was told that I needed 2007 income tax return for the interview, is this wrong. Doesnt really matter as I have been here in england for 3 months and am here for another 3 so for 2008 I am only looking at about 8000 income for this year.

I have gotten some great advice about Keith being able to sponsor himself and this is something that we can work on but keith had lived with me in the states for 5 months of this year without a job so this will be difficult now but not impossible. We both just need to put our heads together and make it work is all. We wont give up with out a fight because our love for each other is worth it.

If I have to move to england to be with him then it is something that I will take some time to think about. Not to think about rather I want to be with him but to figure out where I need to be if this makes sense. My children do come first in my life and even though I always knew that it took someone outside of my life, that I have just met through here to show me that my family ( children ) are the yolk of my egg :) Sometimes we listen to people but cant understand what they mean in some situations, leaving you feeling confused and then along comes a person who explains the same thing but in words that you can understand and it all makes sense .. so thankyou and you know who you are :)

I really dont know what is going to happen, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason and if Keith and I are meant to be then we will get over this little speed bump and move on to our marriage and our life together , if it isnt meant to be then we have lived the last almost 2 years very happy and I have seen things and done things and felt things that I never even knew existed.

I am blessed to have his love for me and yes he is lucky to have mine hehe. Yes my ex took alot from me and made me weak but I allowed him to do it and your right , I wont give him that power ever again so I stand up right now and fight for what I want and we will give it all we have and see what the outcome is.. We wont give up hope !!!!

THankyou

CHelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

My family doesnt care about me so they wont understand where I am at. I have lived through alot of bad things in my life and noone was there to help me what so ever. When I told them about my ex being abusive , my family said , he is a hard worker chelle and he pays the bills. That was all that mattered to them. I was hoping that my fathers side would be different but they arent so we will have to do this on our own and hope for the best. I wish my dad was alive because if he was here we wouldnt have to worry about it because he would do anything for me.

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I have just found out that I am not able to find a cosponsor. Everyone I have asked have said no they dont feel comfortable sponsoring someone from another country. Without a co sponsor we dont have a prayer of being approved.

My heart is breaking here as I dont know what to do and I cant imagine living my life with out him in it.

I finally found a man to treat me with respect and someone who doesnt use his fist to get his point across and treats my children the way they deserve to be treated and right now it looks like we cant be together.

I dont know what to do but am sitting here with tears running down my face because I have noone to help me and this is very sad news.

CHelleKeith

Perhaps there is another option. Does your fiance have assets? They cannot be used for a K-1 visa and I-134 but if he came here to visit and you were married, then filed for a K-3 visa, his assets could be counted on the I-864, or you could visit hom in England, get married and do the same. There is no visa requirement for him to come here as a visitor and for you two to get married. Anyone can get married, the visa process is so he can stay as a permanent resident and work, rather than as a visitor.

Just remember, marital status is separate and independent from immigration status. You do not have to be a resident of the USA to get married here and the marriage is legal and recognized in both countries

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
I have just found out that I am not able to find a cosponsor. Everyone I have asked have said no they dont feel comfortable sponsoring someone from another country. Without a co sponsor we dont have a prayer of being approved.

My heart is breaking here as I dont know what to do and I cant imagine living my life with out him in it.

I finally found a man to treat me with respect and someone who doesnt use his fist to get his point across and treats my children the way they deserve to be treated and right now it looks like we cant be together.

I dont know what to do but am sitting here with tears running down my face because I have noone to help me and this is very sad news.

CHelleKeith

Perhaps there is another option. Does your fiance have assets? They cannot be used for a K-1 visa and I-134 but if he came here to visit and you were married, then filed for a K-3 visa, his assets could be counted on the I-864, or you could visit hom in England, get married and do the same. There is no visa requirement for him to come here as a visitor and for you two to get married. Anyone can get married, the visa process is so he can stay as a permanent resident and work, rather than as a visitor.

Just remember, marital status is separate and independent from immigration status. You do not have to be a resident of the USA to get married here and the marriage is legal and recognized in both countries

Gary

Thankyou Gary for your reply, there is a few things I will share now as you have mentioned this. This was the original plan , Keith came to america in august of 07. We got a lawyer and the wedding date was set for may 3 08. This put him as a overstay but the lawyer said it was ok as long as we got married and that he could stay in the states while the I130 was being done. Everything was good until may 2 and Keith was to meet me and my girls in the city for dinner as it was my birthday and then go to rehearsal. On the way keith got scared, panic rushed over him and he lost all train of thought , please dont judge him for what he did but he got on a plane without me knowing and just disapeared . He returned to the UK.

The next morning our wedding day , he phoned me and was in tears and couldnt understand how he could have done something so stupid. We talked alot over the next few days and he realized that america was his home and I was who he wanted to be with for the rest of his life. He had overstayed by 169 days I believe it was .. he arrived in the US on august 18 and left on may 2.

I phoned our lawyer to let him know what he had done and that keith was desperate to return to me and my girls. the lawyer said that he didnt think US would let him back in so his advice was to go with the K1. After 6 weeks it was to hard to be apart for both of us , his guilt was eating him up and seeing the pain that it caused me was unbearable for him. Keith invited me to join him in England while the paperwork was being done , I had never flown before and was scared but I did it. My middle daughter and I are still here.

My question is this.... If he was to come back to america with me , would they let him in ? he is less then the 180 days but others have said that they may not let him in because of this. Since being back here he has returned back to his old job. We do have a apartment but it is only a 6 month lease as the lawyer felt we would be done by then. As far as assets, he left everything to his exwife , house etc. His name is still on the mortgage and the house here in england though , so would that count as asset?

If not then if we got married here in England , would we have to wait years to be together in the US?

We are desperate at this point. I have until Dec. 1 on my visit as I came here without a visa so have to leave before the 6 months is up. What would you do in this situation?

Thanks

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Timeline
First I want to say Thankyou to you all for your kind words and great advice.

I have not thought of a church as I dont attend any so they wouldnt be able to help , I dont believe anyways. I was told that I needed 2007 income tax return for the interview, is this wrong. Doesnt really matter as I have been here in england for 3 months and am here for another 3 so for 2008 I am only looking at about 8000 income for this year.

I have gotten some great advice about Keith being able to sponsor himself and this is something that we can work on but keith had lived with me in the states for 5 months of this year without a job so this will be difficult now but not impossible. We both just need to put our heads together and make it work is all. We wont give up with out a fight because our love for each other is worth it.

If I have to move to england to be with him then it is something that I will take some time to think about. Not to think about rather I want to be with him but to figure out where I need to be if this makes sense. My children do come first in my life and even though I always knew that it took someone outside of my life, that I have just met through here to show me that my family ( children ) are the yolk of my egg :) Sometimes we listen to people but cant understand what they mean in some situations, leaving you feeling confused and then along comes a person who explains the same thing but in words that you can understand and it all makes sense .. so thankyou and you know who you are :)

I really dont know what is going to happen, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason and if Keith and I are meant to be then we will get over this little speed bump and move on to our marriage and our life together , if it isnt meant to be then we have lived the last almost 2 years very happy and I have seen things and done things and felt things that I never even knew existed.

I am blessed to have his love for me and yes he is lucky to have mine hehe. Yes my ex took alot from me and made me weak but I allowed him to do it and your right , I wont give him that power ever again so I stand up right now and fight for what I want and we will give it all we have and see what the outcome is.. We wont give up hope !!!!

THankyou

CHelle

:yes::thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

If your calculations are correct and he left the US having been here less than 180 days, then he has not incurred a bar.

He has however invalidated his VWP privileges and can never use it again. Even if wants to come visit you he will have to apply for a visitors visa.

You cannot simply marry him in England. The UK will not issue a marriage license to an international couple without the foreign born individual having been issued a fiance visa.

Edited by rebeccajo

Could you go back to the U.S. now and get a job where you are making over the 125%?

They don't care what you made yesterday...what matters is what you are making at the time of the interview and when you submit the I-134.

Maybe that's a possibility?

You may just have to suffer some time apart to get him to the U.S. in the long run to stay.

It's a sacrifice but it will be SO worth it in the end!!!

With his overstay....I don't know about them letting him in..it's probably very doubtful.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Does the cosponsor have to live in the same state as me? I have a friend who is married to a brit but she didnt sponsor him when they went through this because she had missed alot of work due to having a baby etc. Her sister sponsored him and my friend has offered to cosponsor for us , I live in Maine and she lives in Michigan. Is this possible? She is a USC

If she is allowed then how much money does she have to prove she makes to do this. My family size is at this time My daughter and myself and then keith when he moves with us.

Thankyou for your replys in advace

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Does the cosponsor have to live in the same state as me? I have a friend who is married to a brit but she didnt sponsor him when they went through this because she had missed alot of work due to having a baby etc. Her sister sponsored him and my friend has offered to cosponsor for us , I live in Maine and she lives in Michigan. Is this possible? She is a USC

If she is allowed then how much money does she have to prove she makes to do this. My family size is at this time My daughter and myself and then keith when he moves with us.

Thankyou for your replys in advace

Chelle

Sounds like you have your solution. The co-sponsor doesn't have to be family and does not have to reside in the same house. She has to make enough money to support her family plus your fiancé unless your friend is supporting you and your daughter then it becomes her family, you, your daughter, and your fiancé.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Could you go back to the U.S. now and get a job where you are making over the 125%?

They don't care what you made yesterday...what matters is what you are making at the time of the interview and when you submit the I-134.

Maybe that's a possibility?

You may just have to suffer some time apart to get him to the U.S. in the long run to stay.

It's a sacrifice but it will be SO worth it in the end!!!With his overstay....I don't know about them letting him in..it's probably very doubtful.

Hi Chelle, I'm very sorry for your situation. I'm here to tell you that having to be apart is not the end of the world. It sucks, true, but it's do-able. Like Laura said, it's worth it in the end. I hope your sponsor works out for you. If not, I'd get my butt home and start raking in some cash for the 2008 tax proof to do it myself.

Good luck!

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

What about DCF in London if she's been there legally for 6 months??? You might want to look more into that option if it's possible.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.