Chelle62

I might have to give up hope :(

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have just found out that I am not able to find a cosponsor. Everyone I have asked have said no they dont feel comfortable sponsoring someone from another country. Without a co sponsor we dont have a prayer of being approved.

My heart is breaking here as I dont know what to do and I cant imagine living my life with out him in it.

I finally found a man to treat me with respect and someone who doesnt use his fist to get his point across and treats my children the way they deserve to be treated and right now it looks like we cant be together.

I dont know what to do but am sitting here with tears running down my face because I have noone to help me and this is very sad news.

CHelleKeith

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that but dont lose your hope ok.Have faith ok.

AOS

06-15-09..... Sent AOS Package

06-25-09..... Recieved NOA AOS EAD AP

06-29-09..... Recieved Biometrics appointment for July 21

07-10-09..... Case transfered to California

08-05-09..... AOS Card production ordered

08-06-09..... AP approval sent

08-06-09..... EAD Card production ordered

08-11-09..... Got my GREENCARD

08-13-09..... Got my EAD card and AP

I'm sorry to hear you're so sad. I remember you asked last month about child support payments, and you do remember they can be included in your income?

There is oft times when someone says they can't get a co-sponsor, and a lot of the times, I think, the person being asked to co-sponsor, really doesn't understand what's being asked of them. Sometimes I think they have the mistaken impression that when the fiance comes over, they're going to be financially supporting them on a monthly basis. Maybe you need to sit down and talk about the co-sponsorship with your friends/family so that they better understand it.

Have you thought about immigrating to your fiances country?

Don't give up hope!

carlahmsb4.gif

I have just found out that I am not able to find a cosponsor. Everyone I have asked have said no they dont feel comfortable sponsoring someone from another country. Without a co sponsor we dont have a prayer of being approved.

My heart is breaking here as I dont know what to do and I cant imagine living my life with out him in it.

I finally found a man to treat me with respect and someone who doesnt use his fist to get his point across and treats my children the way they deserve to be treated and right now it looks like we cant be together.

I dont know what to do but am sitting here with tears running down my face because I have noone to help me and this is very sad news.

CHelleKeith

Sorry to hear,but have you tried assests?like house bank account etc? Do you have any income like social secutiyetc that can qualify you? try everything you can and dont give up.Good luck.

Richard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm sorry to hear you're so sad. I remember you asked last month about child support payments, and you do remember they can be included in your income?

There is oft times when someone says they can't get a co-sponsor, and a lot of the times, I think, the person being asked to co-sponsor, really doesn't understand what's being asked of them. Sometimes I think they have the mistaken impression that when the fiance comes over, they're going to be financially supporting them on a monthly basis. Maybe you need to sit down and talk about the co-sponsorship with your friends/family so that they better understand it.

Don't give up hope!

that is great advice......im really sorry to see u so sad........i hope that u find what ur looking for to make ur dreams come true.....as everyone else has said never give up......keep praying.......will put u in my prays

sara

Timeline

thankyou for your replys. yes I have taken in consideration the child support payments but still I am very short as for 2007 Was the first time I had worked in many years as I was married to a man that controled me and wouldnt allow me to leave the house never mind getting a job. My work started as part time in a motel in march so for the year of 2007 I only made roughly 8000 and that includes the little bit of child support I get every week.

I have thought about moving here but I have 2 daughters and 2 grandsons in Maine. the oldest would be hurt but she has her family and I believe she would be ok in the end but my 13 year old doesnt want to move here and leave her school and friends etc and I can understand this.

So I dont know what to do ... my head is going crazy here :(

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

Don't give up hope!

that is great advice......im really sorry to see u so sad........i hope that u find what ur looking for to make ur dreams come true.....as everyone else has said never give up......keep praying.......will put u in my prays

sara

thankyou sara , right now prayer is all we have.

I have spoken to the family and explained what cosponsor means and also sent them a link to read about it but they still say no because he is not american... my family should be ashamed of themselves for saying no because of not being american.. he is a good man , a strong man and would never take a cent that he didnt earn so they know he would never scam them ... this just hurts so bad

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
thankyou for your replys. yes I have taken in consideration the child support payments but still I am very short as for 2007 Was the first time I had worked in many years as I was married to a man that controled me and wouldnt allow me to leave the house never mind getting a job. My work started as part time in a motel in march so for the year of 2007 I only made roughly 8000 and that includes the little bit of child support I get every week.

I have thought about moving here but I have 2 daughters and 2 grandsons in Maine. the oldest would be hurt but she has her family and I believe she would be ok in the end but my 13 year old doesnt want to move here and leave her school and friends etc and I can understand this.

So I dont know what to do ... my head is going crazy here :(

Shame you couldn't move here, Chelle - trust me, they let anyone in!

And ####### is with your family saying they won't act as co-sponsors because he's not American!!?? If he was some chancer from a high-fraud country only after a green card, then fine, but that's hardly the case is it!!??

I know this probably doesn't help much, but is there any possibility of your getting a job that meets the financial requirements? Even if it meant working all the hours God sends? I mean once he's in, you could give it up, right?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You do know this can be anybody who is a USC, yes? It doesnt' need to be family?

Have you been over the numbers in detail? Carla mentioned you get child support. Are you an at home mom? Is it possible at all for you to take a p/t job to meet the income requirements? Perhaps your family would help you out with that since they wont help you with sponsoring?

With your description of your fiance it sounds like you've had a rough past with at least one man. It's a shame your family can't see what you have now and isn't willing to help you out. I hope you find a way.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Don give up :no: !

You still have some time to find a sponsor before you get approved!

Did you ask to your family?

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Filed: Timeline

You may not have a prayer of being approved right now, but what about working on making enough money to sponsor him down the road? Why are you discounting ever being with him when it's only a speed bump?

iagree.gif

Timeline
I mean once he's in, you could give it up, right?

just remember the affidavit at interview is based off of the affidavit you do at Adjustment so she will need to show proof of support until they go through aos.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
You do know this can be anybody who is a USC, yes? It doesnt' need to be family?

Have you been over the numbers in detail? Carla mentioned you get child support. Are you an at home mom? Is it possible at all for you to take a p/t job to meet the income requirements? Perhaps your family would help you out with that since they wont help you with sponsoring?

With your description of your fiance it sounds like you've had a rough past with at least one man. It's a shame your family can't see what you have now and isn't willing to help you out. I hope you find a way.

Yes I do know that any USC can do this but I am pretty much alone with no friends etc. This has all been because I was not allowed to have any for 16 years married to the other man.

I am a single mom yes but I do have a part time job , right now I am still in england with Keith but my job is there when I return. It just comes down to that I dont make enough money, the chances of me making enough in the next year is slim as I said before I wasnt allowed to work so I have no experience.

I guess this was all to good to be true :(

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

I agree with Krikit.. this is a bump and no reason to give up on your relationship if you truly know this is what you want in your heart.

I know it's discouraging but if this is something you really want it's time to pull up your boot straps and find a way to get it!! Perhaps your ex took a bit more fight from you as well... don't let him do that... where there's a will...there is most certainly a way. Find it.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.