Chelle62

I might have to give up hope :(

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
What about DCF in London if she's been there legally for 6 months??? You might want to look more into that option if it's possible.

Sorry , what is DCF ?

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
You could also remind your family that when you do marry and he has been a permanent resident in the US for 3 years he can become an American citizen - and they would be off the hook regardless - plus having an American son-in-law again. Good luck. I hope you find a solution to your problem. It may be a matter of more time until you can be together but if that is your objective, do think of this as a speed bump.

My family doesnt care about me so they wont understand where I am at. I have lived through alot of bad things in my life and noone was there to help me what so ever. When I told them about my ex being abusive , my family said , he is a hard worker chelle and he pays the bills. That was all that mattered to them. I was hoping that my fathers side would be different but they arent so we will have to do this on our own and hope for the best. I wish my dad was alive because if he was here we wouldnt have to worry about it because he would do anything for me.

Chelle

I know it feels like a long time, but my fiancee and I had to wait a year because I had to finish up the bulk of my college courses and get a full-time job that would be sufficient for the affidavit of support. No one in my family would sponsor him either (not like I'd want to ask them, some of my family is pretty judgemental), and the ones who could (my mom and my grandma) didn't have sufficient income. My grandma lives off of social security and my mom was on unemployment at the time. Well, we made it... and here I am we'll have our interview in a few weeks. These two years of waiting have been really hard but well worth it, and it's almost over.

Just an idea, if you wait at least a few months, get a full-time job, etc, maybe that will be enough. Hang in there. I think they go by current income, not just last years taxes.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Chelle,

Alot of what would be allowed to get through an interview is going to be subjective. It's going to depend on the officer who interviews you. He/she might feel deep sympathy for your story and give you the benefit of the doubt of you were really trying to pull yourself up. But I personally don't think you're going to win somebody over to your side by being on a six month holiday of sorts in the UK, instead of being employed and saving up money.

Go home and get a job. Get two jobs. Do you have a place to live? Staying in the UK unemployed for 6 months is not building toward your lifetime dreams. It's just satisfying your short term emotional needs, and could be devastating to your long term emotional well-being. We all hate the separation from our loved ones, but we know we're doing what it takes to be able to live together for the long haul. You've got to prove that you can support somebody and being an emotional weakling (sorry) isn't going to get you there. And when you're home, cut your expenses and sacrifice to get your man here. Don't charge up things on credit cards. Don't get the highest level cable tv. Don't get a fancy cell phone with lots of minutes. Don't buy new clothes just because they're cute or on sale. Be frugal with air conditioning or heating oil to keep your bills down. Save every penny you can to build up some assets. It sounds really harsh, but that's what you've got to ask yourself...do I need all these things or do I need this great man I have found? Tell your fiance to get Vonage for GBP 7.95 a month. He can call you unlimited at no charge. You can talk every day on a regular phone. You can call his Vonage line free by using a dial around number from any phone.

Are you afraid the relationship can't survive the distance? If he's worth his salt, then it will. It takes a huge commitment to get through this process. Put it to the test and make sure you are getting a faithful man dedicated to you. Don't be afraid to be strong. You were just getting out from under somebody's thumb. Grow and become an independent woman for yourself and for your fiance's chance to live in America with you. Keep you eye on the long-term prize. It won't take that long to get there.

I feel very, very sorry for you. I wish we all had a magic wand to wave and "poof" we are together. I'm not meaning to hurt your feelings or criticize you. I'm just giving my impartial view of the situation. Take it or leave it, but don't let it hurt you. We can offer all kinds of love and sympathy, but it's going to take more to solve your problems. So try to turn off the tears and get a hold of your emotions, then make a plan. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can begin to crawl your way out of a bad situation. When you do, you will be so proud of yourself and you will be a wiser and finer woman.

I'm truly wishing you all the best. :thumbs:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Other Timeline

Chelle doesn't qualify for DCF. She is on the VWP and doesn't have 'leave to remain'.

It's not essential to produce a tax return for approval of financials in London. They usually look at the current scenario. Your child support can be counted if you can prove it is consistently paid. Remember also that the figure you must hit for the I134 is NOT 125% of the US poverty guidelines, but 100%.

It's not up to us to advise the OP to 'get her butt home' and start working two jobs. She is a single mother with a special needs child. She has responsibilities to that child which outweigh the need to hit some magic number on a government form. If she has a viable co-sponsor, the London consulate will take it.

It's not going to hurt the OP to return home as soon as possible and find gainful employment that fits into her parenting role. It's not going to hurt her fiance to save up what he can (in the meanwhile) to bring with him when he arrives in the US. Every pound sterling he brings with him will convert to nearly two US dollars. None of these things will hurt them. But again, if there is a viable co-sponsor available at time of adjustment of status, USCIS will take it.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

Hello everyone, Sorry I havent replied to this in a while. As of right now we have hope again.

This is the situation....

My friend had been out of work until June of this year as she had a baby. Last year she made enough to sponsor and is back to work and making the same amount so there is hope there... Now how does this work? she takes her and her family and gets the amount needed from that and then adds keith to it right? meaning if she has 4 in her family, by adding keith she would go by the income limits for a family of 5 yes?

Keith is also putting money away in a savings account to save to use when we go for the interview so maybe he will be able to sponsor himself.

As far as me, I do have a job when I return, I do get child support every week, not alot but enough for us to live on each week while we are in england. Me and my daughter I mean. I dont have any savings as I am a single mom and I do live paycheck to paycheck when home and it is hard for me to work a full time job right now with my daughters condition but she is getting older now and things will smooth out in time.

Returning home is the smart thing to do but it is not the best for me at this time. I have thought about this alot and right now my decision is to stay here with Keith and work together to make this all happen. If I have to return in order for us to be together then yes I will but right now the lawyer says we are doing ok so not to worry.

As far as the question... Am I afraid to leave him . no I am not afraid to leave him for any reason. He is a faithful man and very trust worthy , I have no doubts about that. For the first time in my life I am very happy and I am not ready to walk away from that yet. Some will think I am stupid to have made this choice but thats ok. I believe in my heart that things will work out if they are meant to be so I will continue on this journey with him and stay positive because as I always say.. Positive thoughts bring positive results and negative thoughts bring negative results.

Yes sometimes we get discouraged and sometimes we think we need to give up hope but in the end we know better because without hope we have nothing in these situations. If me being here hurts us and I have to return to the states without him then I will do just that and we will work even harder to be together but for right now I am enjoying this to much to walk away yet. It is fantastic to wake up in the morning and know that you are safe, to close your eyes at night and know that you can fall asleep and noone is going to wake you up and hurt you. This feeling is worth everything. Some will understand what I am saying and some will say silly girl.

So this is where we are right now.... I will keep you all informed on what goes on from here.. thankyou again for all your replys because you have helped me alot.

ChelleKeith

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Every pound sterling he brings with him will convert to nearly two US dollars.

Not any more it won't - try $1.70. And with the huge cash injection the U.S. government has just put into their housing market, coupled with Mr Darling's dire prognosis for our own economy, expect that to fall to around the $1.50 mark pretty soon. GRRRR!! :angry:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What does the 2007 income have to do with the situation?

What are your present numbers?

It does matter what you made in 2007. We just got turned down and need to find a co-sponsor and i make great money as a nurse. In 2007, I was with my husband in England for over 5 months so my tax return only reflects 61/2 months of wages well below the necessary for three people. I have already made well over the 125% of the poverty level this year. I sent all the proof and a letter from my employer. We were told it did not matter. He was looking only at 2007 taxes and I needed a co-sponsor. Tracy

Timeline
If your calculations are correct and he left the US having been here less than 180 days, then he has not incurred a bar.

He has however invalidated his VWP privileges and can never use it again. Even if wants to come visit you he will have to apply for a visitors visa.

You cannot simply marry him in England. The UK will not issue a marriage license to an international couple without the foreign born individual having been issued a fiance visa.

This is true. I got one. Very easy to get and fast-like a month-but over 1000. dollars

Timeline
What about DCF in London if she's been there legally for 6 months??? You might want to look more into that option if it's possible.

We looked into this. The London rule is that you must have your indefinite leave to remain, not only reside there legally for six months. This generally takes two years to obtain.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You had to get a co-sponsor because your 2007 taxes didn't reflect enough income even though you are showing enough this year? Wow! London sounds as though not all their CO's are on the same page. This is just one of a few inconsistencies lately in what people here have reported.

DCF is still being re-organized at every Consulate too it seems. Thanks for clarifying the rules in London. ;)

timeline.jpg

We looked into this. The London rule is that you must have your indefinite leave to remain, not only reside there legally for six months. This generally takes two years to obtain.

No longer true -- the rules were changed last year. The USC must have at least limited leave to remain AND have resided in the UK for at least six months at the time of filing. Everything changed around the time of the Adam Walsh Act hoo-ha at the beginning of 2007. VWP won't cut it, however.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I'm sorry to hear you're so sad. I remember you asked last month about child support payments, and you do remember they can be included in your income?

There is oft times when someone says they can't get a co-sponsor, and a lot of the times, I think, the person being asked to co-sponsor, really doesn't understand what's being asked of them. Sometimes I think they have the mistaken impression that when the fiance comes over, they're going to be financially supporting them on a monthly basis. Maybe you need to sit down and talk about the co-sponsorship with your friends/family so that they better understand it.

Have you thought about immigrating to your fiances country?

Don't give up hope!

that is great advice......im really sorry to see u so sad........i hope that u find what ur looking for to make ur dreams come true.....as everyone else has said never give up......keep praying.......will put u in my prays

sara

Hi

You have not received your NOA2 in more than 1 year?????? You can call USCIS and put in a special request to process your case since your case is outside normal processing timeframes.

Sept 10th 2007 - Sent N400 For Naturalization

Sept 15th 2007 - Meet Fiancee online

December 18th 2007 - Left for india to see fiancee

Jan 1st 2008 - Engaged!!!!!!

Jan 15th 2008 - Biometrics Fingerprinted

May 20th 2008 - Naturalized Citizen

May 30th 2008 - Sent I129 F

June 4th 2008 - NOA 1 Received

July 3rd 2008 - Touched

September 6th 2008 - Left for France.

September 23rd 2008 - NOA2 Received

September 27th 2008 - Will leave for Malaysia from paris.

September 28th 2008 - Will meet fiance after 261 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th 2008 - Will return back to the US after spending 3 weeks with fiancee.

Dec 28th 2008 - Fiancee Visa approved

Jan 1st 2009 - Fiancee landed on US Soil

Jan 6th 2009 - Married

Jan 30th 2009 - Filed for AOS

May 31st 2009 - AOS Approved

NOA1 - Received on June 4th 2008

Timeline

Hello again,

My boss has agreed to cosponsor Keith , this is good news but also has me a little concerned as his buisness didnt do very well in 07 but is doing better now. With the economy the way it is the hotel buisness is suffering along with most companys right now. He did speak to our lawyer and has agreed to go ahead with this feeling that his finances will be enough.

My question is this... we also have a friend willing to cosponsor... Can we have 2 cosponsors to make sure there is plenty of income when we go to the interview? My lawyer doesnt seem to find the time to answer my questions or doesnt understand what I am trying to say lol but he is doing the paperwork correctly and to me that is worth having him around :) ...

I just want to make sure I have everything set when the time comes so I dont drive myself crazy rushing around.

Also as far as phone logs I do not have that as we used skype and he used his cell phone but it is a pay by use one so no paperwork involved. I used a calling card but I didnt bring it with me because there also is no way to prove the calls came here except that it is a international calling card... will that help? We have been together for 14 months out of the 22 months that we have known each other, between visits and stays. I do have some pics but most of them got lost when lightening hit my pc and destroyed my computer. I tried to get them off it but the mother board was fried or something like that lol. I am building a scrapbook now with what pics I can find from sending to family members etc so hopefully that will be enough.. Also what about blogs that has been written , would that be a good idea to copy and print and place in the scrapbook?

Sorry if I am sounding crazy, I really am not ! :) I am just trying to keep busy with all this stuff ;)

Thankyou

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Hi

You have not received your NOA2 in more than 1 year?????? You can call USCIS and put in a special request to process your case since your case is outside normal processing timeframes.

Sara is very aware of all resources possible to try and get answers regarding her petition and has taken every step to get this resolved. They are stuck in security checks.

Hello again,

My boss has agreed to cosponsor Keith , this is good news but also has me a little concerned as his buisness didnt do very well in 07 but is doing better now. With the economy the way it is the hotel buisness is suffering along with most companys right now. He did speak to our lawyer and has agreed to go ahead with this feeling that his finances will be enough.

My question is this... we also have a friend willing to cosponsor... Can we have 2 cosponsors to make sure there is plenty of income when we go to the interview? My lawyer doesnt seem to find the time to answer my questions or doesnt understand what I am trying to say lol but he is doing the paperwork correctly and to me that is worth having him around :) ...

I just want to make sure I have everything set when the time comes so I dont drive myself crazy rushing around.

Also as far as phone logs I do not have that as we used skype and he used his cell phone but it is a pay by use one so no paperwork involved. I used a calling card but I didnt bring it with me because there also is no way to prove the calls came here except that it is a international calling card... will that help? We have been together for 14 months out of the 22 months that we have known each other, between visits and stays. I do have some pics but most of them got lost when lightening hit my pc and destroyed my computer. I tried to get them off it but the mother board was fried or something like that lol. I am building a scrapbook now with what pics I can find from sending to family members etc so hopefully that will be enough.. Also what about blogs that has been written , would that be a good idea to copy and print and place in the scrapbook?

Sorry if I am sounding crazy, I really am not ! :) I am just trying to keep busy with all this stuff ;)

Thankyou

Chelle

Proof of ongoing relationship is not needed until the latter stages of this process so you will have time to collect more evidence of a bonafide relationship. Some people will send a few pictures with the initial petition to support the evidence of having met. If you have a few just send those... take more if you can. There are ways to track your skype conversations...do a search here at vj. How about emails? Take a screenshot of your inbox...etc. Your computer got destroyed... what about your hard drive. Just because your motherboard was fried does not mean your hard drive was too it's quite likely the info is still there. You may want to take it to a computer repair shop to see if they can't save the info from your hard drive. It should not be too expensive. ;)

As far as your affidavit. This too is not needed until interview stage (hope your lawyer also mentioned that ;) ) ... if you are concerned that one may not meet the requirements then just have both fill out a I134..have it notarized and include all supporting information for both. Better to be safe than sorry. just fyi... You will also need to fill one out and include what you can.

good luck. glad you're making some progress.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.