Chelle62

I might have to give up hope :(

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi

You have not received your NOA2 in more than 1 year?????? You can call USCIS and put in a special request to process your case since your case is outside normal processing timeframes.

Sara is very aware of all resources possible to try and get answers regarding her petition and has taken every step to get this resolved. They are stuck in security checks.

Hello again,

My boss has agreed to cosponsor Keith , this is good news but also has me a little concerned as his buisness didnt do very well in 07 but is doing better now. With the economy the way it is the hotel buisness is suffering along with most companys right now. He did speak to our lawyer and has agreed to go ahead with this feeling that his finances will be enough.

My question is this... we also have a friend willing to cosponsor... Can we have 2 cosponsors to make sure there is plenty of income when we go to the interview? My lawyer doesnt seem to find the time to answer my questions or doesnt understand what I am trying to say lol but he is doing the paperwork correctly and to me that is worth having him around :) ...

I just want to make sure I have everything set when the time comes so I dont drive myself crazy rushing around.

Also as far as phone logs I do not have that as we used skype and he used his cell phone but it is a pay by use one so no paperwork involved. I used a calling card but I didnt bring it with me because there also is no way to prove the calls came here except that it is a international calling card... will that help? We have been together for 14 months out of the 22 months that we have known each other, between visits and stays. I do have some pics but most of them got lost when lightening hit my pc and destroyed my computer. I tried to get them off it but the mother board was fried or something like that lol. I am building a scrapbook now with what pics I can find from sending to family members etc so hopefully that will be enough.. Also what about blogs that has been written , would that be a good idea to copy and print and place in the scrapbook?

Sorry if I am sounding crazy, I really am not ! :) I am just trying to keep busy with all this stuff ;)

Thankyou

Chelle

Proof of ongoing relationship is not needed until the latter stages of this process so you will have time to collect more evidence of a bonafide relationship. Some people will send a few pictures with the initial petition to support the evidence of having met. If you have a few just send those... take more if you can. There are ways to track your skype conversations...do a search here at vj. How about emails? Take a screenshot of your inbox...etc. Your computer got destroyed... what about your hard drive. Just because your motherboard was fried does not mean your hard drive was too it's quite likely the info is still there. You may want to take it to a computer repair shop to see if they can't save the info from your hard drive. It should not be too expensive. ;)

As far as your affidavit. This too is not needed until interview stage (hope your lawyer also mentioned that ;) ) ... if you are concerned that one may not meet the requirements then just have both fill out a I134..have it notarized and include all supporting information for both. Better to be safe than sorry. just fyi... You will also need to fill one out and include what you can.

good luck. glad you're making some progress.

Thankyou so much for your reply, I have read alot of your post and you are very helpful and you help me to stay positive during this entire process. Also congrats on the interview, I am so very happy for you both.

I did have the computer checked out and sadly the hard drive was also killed during the hit. I did send in a few photos with the application at the beginning. I am glad I can use both cosponsors as I feel that will help in the end. We are taking alot of photos now while I am in England so hopefully with what I have will be plenty.

I will be so glad when this is finished so that I can finally sleep a entire night again lol. It feels like it did when I had my babies, waking up every few hours lol

take care

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You're very welcome and thank you for the kind words and congrats.

I actually work with and on computers and had everything stored on my HD for years as we waited to file. My computer crashed just a couple of days before we were able to file...and because we've already waited years I was not going to wait to check my HD, so I had to get it all again. Stressful for sure!

It is very stressfull hearing all that can go wrong but all you can do is be as educated to the process and be as prepared as you can. Do yourself a favor and check with others who have gone through the same Embassy and find out from them if they have any special requirements for you to take care of now. Nich-Nick would be one great resource for you going through London as her fiance was just approved there. I'm sure she wouldn't mind helping you out with some pointers. There's also a great group of folks in the regional forum.

We have a looooong long history and it took forever to get to this stage but we were just approved at interview this week and my love will be back in my arms next Wednesday. Trust me when I tell you that it will be worth it and all that you feel now will dissipate soon enough!

good luck

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Based on your timeline, it's not too late to take initiative and start looking for a job that pays enough to prove that you can support him. Since co-sponsor is difficult to find, I think the only choice you have may be getting a good paying job that will qualify you for the affidavit of support. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think as long as your income is over the poverty line for the state you live in, you'll be fine. Keep looking around for the job and you'll find it. Don't lose your hope! You hope will disappear as soon as you give it up.

07/03/2008: I-129f sent via USPS

07/07/2008: I-129f received at CSC

07/22/2008: NOA-1 issued

11/11/2008: Touched

11/14/2008: Touched

11/14/2008: NOA-2 Approved

11/20/2008: NVC Received

11/21/2008: NVC Approved and sent to Embassy

11/24/2008: Embassy Received

12/15:2008: Medical Exam

01/22/2009: Interview - K-1 Visa Approved

01/28/2009: Visa Received

03/01/2009: POE (San Francisco, CA)

04/18/2009: Court Marriage (Chicago, IL)

05/13/2009: AOS Package sent via USPS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If you read the entire thread you'll see we've already been over this. ;)

also, poverty level has nothing to do with what state you live in it's a federal guideline.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.