w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Is McCain's VP Pick

339 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The 10 reasons she was a great pick:

1.) Being form Idaho it a a certainty that she can spell potato (maybe).

2.) Living in Alaska has left her with the ability to cry oil instead of tears. This Super Friends power will be shown at the debates.

3.) Looking at her makes McCain feel 90 again.

4.) She's a woman AND she's not Hillary.

5.) She'll pull in the Hockey Vote.

6.) She'll pull in all 3 Alaska Electorates.

7.) Every time she says "drill" half the men in America stop and listen.

8.) Every time she says "probe" the other half stops to listen.

9.) Her accent fools the Canadians into thinking she's one of them. If they let their guard down long enough we can take their oil too.

and 10.) She's more man than most men:

palinbook127_2.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sorry Gary I think you missed my point ! I confirmed the point that McCains "experience" does not equal good judgement. I called this decision of his the double whammy of bad judgement coupled with negligible experience. I do believe the Obama /Biden ticket wins this hands down in all departments. I am pleased with his pick as an independant Obama just got a bigger boost than he had from the last four days wooohoooo

McCains choice shows me he has very good judgment. Palin is a great conservative. Obama's choice shows me he knows he has no experience and needs Biden to shore him up. The candidate of "change" picked a Washington insider because he knows that his resume is very thin. So much for "change".

Gary

With all due respect, being a US Senator is an entirely different ballgame then being a mayor of a small town in Alaska (population approximately 7,000) and a first term governor of the second smallest state in the union (approximately 700,000). Further, Mrs. Palin has had unprecedented budget surplus' to work with during her two years. Anyone can govern with an extra billion in the bank.

She was elected on a campaign platform preaching open and transparent government, and little else. She got hammered in debates because she was evasive and uninformed, yet kept preaching that she was for open government. She never answered important policy questions, yet rode her looks and charm into office. And I'm not sure to this day, what she stands for. Especially after her mishandling of her firing the Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Public Safety.

She's a very nice woman, don't get me wrong. But I'm not sure what McCain was thinking with this pick when, if he just wanted a woman, could have went with someone like Kay Bailey Hutchison from Texas.

Why are some liberals so pissed about McCain's VP selection? Nervous, maybe?

Very nervous. After watching her govern the state that I have lived in nearly my entire life, the thought of her taking over should something happen to McCain is terrifying.

That fear you have....is very real to me (& I am not the only one). I am THAT afraid of Obama & he is #1, not #2.

Well, I guess we all have our fears. Like I said before though, if McCain/Palin wins, it's not all bad for Alaska. She won't be leading (and that's a huge leap of faith to say that) our state anymore, and maybe we can finally drill everything in sight.

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Timeline
And he needs computer experience for what exactly? Peace talks on IM? Discussing national security issues over hotmail? Booking his flights to Europe?

Can you lead a country in the 21st ctry with no computer skills?... :secret: ask any kid

I'm guessing the average person who thinks it's preposterous that someone could get by in life without being computer savvy is probably a 38-year-old virgin hacker living in mom's basement who spends their entire day playing video games, hacking, and eating. Probably a lot like the guy in the last Die Hard movie. I'm not saying this is you....

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

I think the cons on this choice might outweigh the pros.

Pros

She is a woman, which will appeal to the identity supporters for HRC.

She is conservative, which will help placate the strong conservatives in the party.

She will probably guarantee that Alaska 3 Electoral Votes will go to McCain. Which wasnt really much in question anyway.

Cons

Kills any experience argument that McCain tries to make. Palin has only been in office for 2 years.

Questions McCains judgment, Palin is currently involved in a nepotism scandal.

She will be too conservative to attract HRC supporters that supported HRC on issues.

In addtion, comments from Republican supporters on the sexual attractiveness of Palin will only serve to turn off potentional women supporters. If Palin is going to be effective, Rush, and other supporters will need to keep thier pants on, and shut up.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The 10 reasons she was a great pick:

1.) Being form Idaho it a a certainty that she can spell potato (maybe).

2.) Living in Alaska has left her with the ability to cry oil instead of tears. This Super Friends power will be shown at the debates.

3.) Looking at her makes McCain feel 90 again.

4.) She's a woman AND she's not Hillary.

5.) She'll pull in the Hockey Vote.

6.) She'll pull in all 3 Alaska Electorates.

7.) Every time she says "drill" half the men in America stop and listen.

8.) Every time she says "probe" the other half stops to listen.

9.) Her accent fools the Canadians into thinking she's one of them. If they let their guard down long enough we can take their oil too.

and 10.) She's more man than most men:

palinbook127_2.jpg

:rofl:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If Palin is going to be effective, Rush, and other supporters will need to keep thier pants on, and shut up.

i'm sure bill clinton would disagree

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pros

She is conservative, which will help placate the strong conservatives in the party.

Despite what national pundits say, she is much more fiscally liberal then many hard core right wingers would like. Many older GOPers here consider her to be a RINO.

She will probably guarantee that Alaska 3 Electoral Votes will go to McCain. Which wasnt really much in question anyway.

You're right, Obama campaign workers had been up here in great numbers, but this is traditionally a red state, and this guarantees all 3 votes for McCain

Cons

Kills any experience argument that McCain tries to make. Palin has only been in office for 2 years.

She will be too conservative to attract HRC supporters that supported HRC on issues.

In addtion, comments from Republican supporters on the sexual attractiveness of Palin will only serve to turn off potentional women supporters. If Palin is going to be effective, Rush, and other supporters will need to keep thier pants on, and shut up.

Don't discount the looks factor too much, it got her elected here.

Alaska...where you can't be too fat or too drunk!

Homer Simpson, 2007

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sorry Gary I think you missed my point ! I confirmed the point that McCains "experience" does not equal good judgement. I called this decision of his the double whammy of bad judgement coupled with negligible experience. I do believe the Obama /Biden ticket wins this hands down in all departments. I am pleased with his pick as an independant Obama just got a bigger boost than he had from the last four days wooohoooo

McCains choice shows me he has very good judgment. Palin is a great conservative. Obama's choice shows me he knows he has no experience and needs Biden to shore him up. The candidate of "change" picked a Washington insider because he knows that his resume is very thin. So much for "change".

Gary

With all due respect, being a US Senator is an entirely different ballgame then being a mayor of a small town in Alaska (population approximately 7,000) and a first term governor of the second smallest state in the union (approximately 700,000). Further, Mrs. Palin has had unprecedented budget surplus' to work with during her two years. Anyone can govern with an extra billion in the bank.

She was elected on a campaign platform preaching open and transparent government, and little else. She got hammered in debates because she was evasive and uninformed, yet kept preaching that she was for open government. She never answered important policy questions, yet rode her looks and charm into office. And I'm not sure to this day, what she stands for. Especially after her mishandling of her firing the Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Public Safety.

She's a very nice woman, don't get me wrong. But I'm not sure what McCain was thinking with this pick when, if he just wanted a woman, could have went with someone like Kay Bailey Hutchison from Texas.

Very nervous. After watching her govern the state that I have lived in nearly my entire life, the thought of her taking over should something happen to McCain is terrifying.

Interesting perspective coming from someone who knows more about her politically than the rest of us. Thanks for sharing that. :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Like it or not, Palin will pick up some women voters that McCain maybe didn't have before. You can argue against it or say it's stupid all you want, but his VP choice will gain votes from this decision.

Yup, I believe this is true. The question is how many and will it be enough? We'll see.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I will. I just have to say that so far, I disagree.

I think the fact that this woman is REALLY young and REALLY inexperienced will turn a lot more people off than the fact that she's a woman will help the ticket. McCain is old. I think it's really scary to think that this person (what's her name again? Palin?) about whom we know nothing, and who has no serious track record might actually end up being the President??? I don't think so. :o

I also think her being a woman might hurt her with conservative Republicans. BBC did a video series on Culpeper, VA and profiled about half a dozen voters. One of the voters was a fairly young Baptist minister and a woman, and she said a woman should not be President. And another older African American woman, an Obama democrat, said the same thing (because of her religion, too, I think). I am not saying they're right, I'm just saying that the Republicans have the lion's share of conservative Christians, who may not welcome a woman on the ticket.

I think it is a bad decision on McCain's part. Delusional, actually. But I'm not losing any sleep...

GOBAMA!!!!

:dance:

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Timeline

Pros

Cons

Well stated. :yes:

Filed: Timeline
Like it or not, Palin will pick up some women voters that McCain maybe didn't have before. You can argue against it or say it's stupid all you want, but his VP choice will gain votes from this decision.

Yup, I believe this is true. The question is how many and will it be enough? We'll see.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I will. I just have to say that so far, I disagree.

I think the fact that this woman is REALLY young and REALLY inexperienced will turn a lot more people off than the fact that she's a woman will help the ticket. McCain is old. I think it's really scary to think that this person (what's her name again? Palin?) about whom we know nothing, and who has no serious track record might actually end up being the President??? I don't think so. :o

I also think her being a woman might hurt her with conservative Republicans. BBC did a video series on Culpeper, VA and profiled about half a dozen voters. One of the voters was a fairly young Baptist minister and a woman, and she said a woman should not be President. And another older African American woman, an Obama democrat, said the same thing (because of her religion, too, I think). I am not saying they're right, I'm just saying that the Republicans have the lion's share of conservative Christians, who may not welcome a woman on the ticket.

I think it is a bad decision on McCain's part. Delusional, actually. But I'm not losing any sleep...

GOBAMA!!!!

So the addition of a conservative woman as VP candidate will make conservatives want to vote for a very liberal Obama all of a sudden? Nope. Won't happen.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Gary

That fear you have....is very real to me (& I am not the only one). I am THAT afraid of Obama & he is #1, not #2.

Illumine, I don't know you and you don't know me. I wish you no ill will. But I just have to say:

That is EXACTLY how I have felt for the past 8 years.

Peace.

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Pros

Despite what national pundits say, she is much more fiscally liberal then many hard core right wingers would like. Many older GOPers here consider her to be a RINO.

You're right, Obama campaign workers had been up here in great numbers, but this is traditionally a red state, and this guarantees all 3 votes for McCain

Cons

Don't discount the looks factor too much, it got her elected here.

Alaska...where you can't be too fat or too drunk!

Homer Simpson, 2007

:rofl:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

GOBAMA!!!!

So the addition of a conservative woman as VP candidate will make conservatives want to vote for a very liberal Obama all of a sudden? Nope. Won't happen.

No less likely than liberal voters voting for McCain on the grounds that they don't like Obama as their candidate. This is an interesting election...I think when it's all said and done, issues like the economy and war in Iraq will determine the outcome over any effect the candidates' personas have on voters.