w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Is McCain's VP Pick

339 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What if there were 2 white men running against each other. One picked an attractive woman that was well qualified as a running mate. The other picked an attractive woman, not really qualified, but with bigger knockers. Would you still consider the strategy smart?

which one has the lower cut shirt? :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What if there were 2 white men running against each other. One picked an attractive woman that was well qualified as a running mate. The other picked an attractive woman, not really qualified, but with bigger knockers. Would you still consider the strategy smart?

Exactly, this shows that McCain is not choosing anyone for what they can do for this country his sole purpose in choosing her was for votes...votes to get HIM in office. I mean honestly people...do you think McCain and his crew will EVER let that lady run anything. She'll be another Cheney.

Great, now we have an inexperienced 44 y.o. yahoo on both tickets.

McCain pulled a very smart move.

Smart how?

He must be hoping to die really really soon? Like January?

Then it might actually make sense to vote for him, but he will have to present some kind of proof, like a doctor's letter, attesting that he will die for sure, and we will not get stuck with another retard for 4 years.

He will pull many voters by picking a woman. HRC's supporters & Independents.

OMG! If HC supporters vote for this ticket JUST for the sole fact that JM picked a woman, well let them fools vote that way. That would be the stupidest thing ever. I really thought that HC supporters were alot smarter than that, but with comments like this I am rethinking that position.

And BO is pulling African-American voters for the same reason.... :yes:

HA! Thats what everyone seems to think...but in reality most Black voters were HC supporters cause they were big fans on BC. But now that HC is out they are moving more to BO.

got any facts to back that up?

I'm Black and most everyone I know is too!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Smart how?

Then it might actually make sense to vote for him, but he will have to present some kind of proof, like a doctor's letter, attesting that he will die for sure, and we will not get stuck with another retard for 4 years.

OMG! If HC supporters vote for this ticket JUST for the sole fact that JM picked a woman, well let them fools vote that way. That would be the stupidest thing ever.

The whole idea that women will vote for the ticket just because the ticket now has a women really is condescending to women. Oooh, I wanna vote for her...she's got nice shoes! :rolleyes:

I think it's less about "voting for her because she's a woman" and more about showing that the party is inclusive and not full of old, white dudes. I imagine McCain considered Bobby Jindal for similar reasons, not to attract the "Indian-American" vote.

Edited by rkl57

90day.jpg

I am really shocked by this decision on McCains part and if this is an example of his "judgement" calls god help us all! Having looked at this womans bio it is thin to say the least> McCain has questioned repeatedly Obamas experience and his readyness to be commander in chief and said he would pick someone ready (at his age I would say this IS imperative) to step into the role of Commander-in-chief well I'm sorry if this is the best and most experience he could bring to the ticket there must be a lot we don't know about other apparently better qualified candidates. I feared the Romneys of this world who would have added economic experience to this ticket. If this is a nod to Hillary voters, gun toters or pro lifers then all I can say is the same as I said when I heard the news WOW!

And as an aside that will probably get me flamed. I am a liberal all for working women but even I balk when I see a woman with four children at home and one is a mere baby I question whether she has her priorities in the right place ........ flame away.

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I wouldn't. Sadly, though....it would depend how far out of the cave our voting base was. It would alienate and insult an awful lot of people (and not only women).

Me, I like to think we are progressing enough as a nation to assess not knockers but values and acomplishments of a person in relation to the office I am considering that person for.

But, going off the Rush Limbaugh thread, and that jackasses popularity, we are not progressing fast enough....and it's sad to read that you think our elected leaders and potentials would take knockers or whatever superficiality so much into consideration... It's up to the intelligent voting base to research and vote on issues and send a message to those that would use colour and gender to garner votes........Superficiality will not work this time. That's my take on it.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Exactly, this shows that McCain is not choosing anyone for what they can do for this country his sole purpose in choosing her was for votes...votes to get HIM in office. I mean honestly people...do you think McCain and his crew will EVER let that lady run anything. She'll be another Cheney.

Smart how?

OMG! If HC supporters vote for this ticket JUST for the sole fact that JM picked a woman, well let them fools vote that way. That would be the stupidest thing ever. I really thought that HC supporters were alot smarter than that, but with comments like this I am rethinking that position.

HA! Thats what everyone seems to think...but in reality most Black voters were HC supporters cause they were big fans on BC. But now that HC is out they are moving more to BO.

in the big picture ... you and people you personally know ... might be considered a very very very small group

Filed: Timeline

Smart how?

I'm a white woman & know plenty of Reps & Dems. These are facts, however, not ones I'd rely on for a gauge of national political choice. ;)

Timeline
I am really shocked by this decision on McCains part and if this is an example of his "judgement" calls god help us all! Having looked at this womans bio it is thin to say the least> McCain has questioned repeatedly Obamas experience and his readyness to be commander in chief and said he would pick someone ready (at his age I would say this IS imperative) to step into the role of Commander-in-chief well I'm sorry if this is the best and most experience he could bring to the ticket there must be a lot we don't know about other apparently better qualified candidates. I feared the Romneys of this world who would have added economic experience to this ticket. If this is a nod to Hillary voters, gun toters or pro lifers then all I can say is the same as I said when I heard the news WOW!

And as an aside that will probably get me flamed. I am a liberal all for working women but even I balk when I see a woman with four children at home and one is a mere baby I question whether she has her priorities in the right place ........ flame away.

Widge I completey agree with you. JM has downed BO for lack of experience all thru this election and then he picks this woman! Is SHE ready to be president? Cause thats what will happen if JM kicks the bucket.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Smart how?

MOST [ that's an awful lot of people] black voters...?

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Smart how?

OMG! If HC supporters vote for this ticket JUST for the sole fact that JM picked a woman, well let them fools vote that way. That would be the stupidest thing ever.

The whole idea that women will vote for the ticket just because the ticket now has a women really is condescending to women. Oooh, I wanna vote for her...she's got nice shoes! :rolleyes:

:rofl: The sad thing is that there will be some. Hopefully not very many however.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Smart how?

in the big picture ... you and people you personally know ... might be considered a very very very small group

well duh! But so many people who are not Black seem to think they have a clear idea on what we think in this election, just by lookin at our skin color. When in actuality they are so off base its amazing. I dont just mean myself and friends I mean the Black Community. *(thats how we see it)

Widge I completey agree with you. JM has downed BO for lack of experience all thru this election and then he picks this woman! Is SHE ready to be president? Cause thats what will happen if JM kicks the bucket.

She is just as ready as Obama. But the difference is if elected Obama WILL be learning on the job, with Palin she wouldn't be unless something happened to McCain.

Timeline

She is just as ready as Obama. But the difference is if elected Obama WILL be learning on the job, with Palin she wouldn't be unless something happened to McCain.

Oh dear God! Do you see how this makes it so much worse!

Oh dear God! Do you see how this makes it so much worse!

Yes it does. If Obama is elected we will be assured of someone that has no clue. At least Palin will get to be VP for a while first. Your right, it would be so much worse to have Obama.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
After watching Obama's speech last night and feeling like I was in church and seeing the hero worship from before like he's JC I'm a bit put off.

What is it specifically that gives you this impression? To me he just sounds like any other politician, really. And believe me, I'd be the first to be turned off by a politician making me feel like I was in church. I probably won't be voting for Obama, but for other reasons. I'm just curious about this comparison to JC that keeps getting made and wonder if it's not just something that is perceived because it keeps getting repeated by conservatives.

Oliva.. I am happy to have read what you wrote... I too felt as if i was being preached to..

Even tho he is a former member of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago... he still talks like the preachers there... .. the techniques are quite similar..Imho..

Towards the end of Obamas speech I felt like he was going to put his hands in the air.. .. and .. say AMEN.. or some thing of the sort..

When I feel that bitter sour feeling.. I walk as well.. to me.. church and state.. should always be seperate... .. .

For myself his last statement.. Acceptance speech transcript

"At this moment, in this election, we must pledge once more to march into the future. Let us keep that promise, that American promise, and in the words of scripture hold firmly, without wavering, to the hope that we confess.

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless the United States of America."

He waivered. at the end.. at A... then he said. and God Bless........

the force/tone he used in his use of words.. made me extremely uneasy

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included