returningVJ

Approval after divorce

16 posts in this topic

First of all thank you for every one who shared words of encouragement, specially mermaid. My I-751 filling with the good faith marriage waiver was approved last month by VSC without an interview.

just wanted to leave a note here in case any one would find it helpful.

Story:

- Entered US in 08/15/2005 on conditional GC with USC spouse (we were living together in my home country)

- After 2-3 months of looking for work I had to accept a 100% traveling job after running out of money

- Maintained all family contacts while traveling for work

- by march 2006 signs of things falling apart

- we separated in july 2006

- divorce was filled by USC spouse on feb-2007 and was finalized on aug-07

- I-751 was filled 2-3 days before the deadline with a waiver

- June-2008 VSC sent a RFE (standard RFE saying there is not enough evidence)

- 3-4 weeks after the RFE response the case was approved without an interview.

This is what i submitted

Original package

- Joint bank statements

- Joint health insurance

- Joint dental insurance

- one pair of boarding passes as evidence of joint travel)

- Copies of checks signed by me and x-wife using the same check book as evidence for joint financial mingling

- Joint tax return transcript for 2005

- Around 15 travel pictures

- Affidavits from x-wife and four other affidavits from her family members (sisters and brother in-laws whom we spent lot of time with)

- statement by me explaining the marriage

*** yes no lease agreement, when we signed the lease I didn't have the SSN so my name was not on the lease.

RFE submission

(I had submitted every thing i had with the first submission, so really i didnt have much left to submit as RFE response)

- statement by me explaining the break-up

- affidavit by a former brother-in law explaining what he knew about the break-up

- letter from Geico stating we had joint auto insurance

- cover letter highlighting original submission items.

few weeks later VSC and Boston office responded with the approval decision.

My 2 cents to any one who find themselves in this tough situation

- every case is unique, not having bulk load of paper evidence doesn't mean that you wont get approved.

- There is a good system in place, which gives you the chance to prove.

- Be ready for the long haul

- try to relax a bit (yes it is the toughest thing to do). panic is not your friend.

once aging thanks every one here at VJ. I wish you all, very best with your cases.

Regards,

Returning VJ.

Filed: Timeline

What lovely news! Congradulations

First of all thank you for every one who shared words of encouragement, specially mermaid. My I-751 filling with the good faith marriage waiver was approved last month by VSC without an interview.

Story:

- Entered US in 08/15/2005 on conditional GC with USC spouse (we were living together in my home country)

- After 2-3 months of looking for work I had to accept a 100% traveling job after running out of money

This is what i submitted

Original package

- Joint bank statements

- Joint health insurance

- Joint dental insurance

- Copies of checks signed by me and x-wife using the same check book as evidence for joint financial mingling

- Affidavits from x-wife and four other affidavits from her family members (sisters and brother in-laws whom we spent lot of time with)

*** yes no lease agreement, when we signed the lease I didn't have the SSN so my name was not on the lease.

RFE submission

(I had submitted every thing i had with the first submission, so really i didnt have much left to submit as RFE response)

- affidavit by a former brother-in law explaining what he knew about the break-up

- every case is unique, not having bulk load of paper evidence doesn't mean that you wont get approved.

- try to relax a bit (yes it is the toughest thing to do). panic is not your friend.

once aging thanks every one here at VJ. I wish you all, very best with your cases.

Regards,

Returning VJ.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations. I certainly think it helps when your ex-spouse and in-laws add their support to your application. I am sorry the marriage itself didn't work out. Travel is certainly hard on a relationship.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Best Wishes to you!

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Story:

This is what i submitted

Original package

- Joint bank statements

- Joint health insurance

- Joint dental insurance

RFE submission

Regards,

Returning VJ.

Congratulations on your approval. That's a very good news!! There's always hope for us I-751 waiver filers as long as we have documentations :dance: to prove our cases..

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

Filed: Timeline

I am glad to hear that you were able to get everything worked out! :thumbs: And thank you for sharing the valuable info, I haven't seen a lot of people come back and post after a situation like this and there were a lot of recent questions about adjusting AOS while divorcing, etc... Thank you again!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Once upon a time we were fallig in love, now were only falling apart.....its a total eclipse of the heart

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it takes so long to be together, and then you take a job that keeps you apart ? surely wouldn't be my idea of a marriage. sounds fishy to me.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
it takes so long to be together, and then you take a job that keeps you apart ? surely wouldn't be my idea of a marriage. sounds fishy to me.

OP was merely sharing their experience which can be invaluable to anyone else going through the same thing. What exactly sounds fishy to you and why do you feel the need to question? You do not know the OP's situation.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Hey Ronjie,

Oh yeah? I provided the evidence to USCIS, I don't see the need to prove my case to a random jerk in a forum. provided in the post is a story not a case file. If you can take some thing from my post take it or else just go do some thing useful with your time. by the way jobs are what pays rent if you didnt know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hey Ronjie,

Oh yeah? I provided the evidence to USCIS, I don't see the need to prove my case to a random jerk in a forum. provided in the post is a story not a case file. If you can take some thing from my post take it or else just go do some thing useful with your time. by the way jobs are what pays rent if you didnt know.

Well said! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.