2,826 posts in this topic

One day the lady told me "Acually your husbands case was... put under AP" i thought she was gonna say approved i got MAD. Lol

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

One day the lady told me "Acually your husbands case was... put under AP" i thought she was gonna say approved i got MAD. Lol

No, what gets me is when you first call them, and you give them your case number... and then it takes like 20 mins for them to find your case.. and then they ask you again what the case number is... I am always like... woot woot if they cant find us in the computer maybe they are done processing it... but they always manage to find us.... damn..

So the trends that I have seen is... there are certain weeks that you could get off of AP and recieve your visa <atleast for India>

4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks.... then 6 months, 8 months then uuugh 12/13 months

So my next exciting dates will be the week of the July 19-23.. then Aug 16-20... if I get to the 6 month mark yall can just hang it up I think I would of already turned sooo crazy you wouldnt be able to make sense of my post here anywys:whistle:

AMits astrologer says that he will be here the last week in July to the first week in August... I actually think this is what is keeping my Husband sane... but rest assure that if this doesnt happen that he will join the crazy train with me!!!!

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

MFC_BatmanCall.jpg

i-was-waiting-for-you-to-ca.jpg

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline
waiting_for_results.png

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Timeline
waiting_SR.jpg

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Timeline

ok, thats yalls morning entertainment :whistle:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

waiting_SR.jpg

LOL...it totally feels that way sometimes

Malika :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm Joining the group guys.

My husband had his interview on july 2 in Juarez consulate, mexico. He says the interview process and medical went smoothly and that he had a nice consul interview him. He double checked with consul before he left interview and this was the exchange:

Consul: Sign here.....COngratulations, now go to DHL payment line and give them this receipt

Hubby: So that's it? can I be with my wife with this paper?

Consul: (smile) yes you are approved. Wait for DHL package from one to 8 days from now.

So my husband waited until July 6 and still no package in DHL :( we had no more money to keep paying the Juarez hotel, so I called the Consulate to see what the delay was. COnsulate operator asked for my NVC case number and told me that my husband was placed on Administrative Processing per july 6. I asked why? he said because they are still doing name checks and blah blah and that it could take anywhere from a day to 6 months. So on july 9th my husband picked up the dhl package which contained a blue slip letting him know his was placed on AR and to wait for them to contact us. The passport was not returned to us.

My husband will travel today to mexico city without a passport they told us at airport he didnt need one for domestic flights.

:crying: so here I am , as are all of you waiting. My next step is to gather numbers/ e-mails and adresses of people I may need to contact in the coming days. I will keep updating any changes to my case as they happen and pour all my good thoughts for us to finally become approved and join our significant others

Question: For those of you placed in AR after the interview did they keep your passport too or did you get it back?

Married: 6/5/2009

I-130 Sent: 11/6/2009

NOA1:11/13/2009 (CSC)

NOA2:02/12/2010 (3 months from NOA1)

NVC received:02/23/2010

Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill:02/23/2010

received IV bill:03/30/2010

Interview date:JULY 2, 2010 (consul said my husband was approved):)

Extra steps: Turns out in Juarez they do not tell you the final result of interview on the spot, you have to wait to receive a DHL package that contains the verdict and passport hopefully. Even though my husband was "approved" during interview (per consul answer) he was placed in Administrative Review on JUly 6 according to consulate operator.

Placed on AR post interview:07/06/2010

Picked up Blue slip AR (they kept his passport):7/09/2010

Visa issued: 09/15/2010

I was in AP for 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days

Completed my journey in 10 months, 2 weeks and 2 days

waiting_SR.jpg

I loveeeeeeeeee this picture becasue thats exactly how i feel. lol. Im just growing old with this stupid AP thing. I called DOS hoping bc i hadnt called in 2 days something new might be up and she took my case i asked her wat the staus of the visa was and shes like ok hold on. im like sure..... she took like 10 minutes to come back so i was definitely thinking good news. she comes back and shes like wat was ur question again. i was like ummm.... well the status of my husbands visa. shes like yea its processing. i wanted to tell her no ###### lady wat else. but im like well any updates... shes like no. than when i asked her so where is it washignton or consular shes like well if i were u i would only want to know if he got the visa. i was like whoa. im like well since obviously that isnt the case i just want to know where it stands. but the point of everything is yea its still in AP. the only good thing she told me is that well as far as i can seee tehres nothing wrong. im like well i guess thank God to that.

So.... what about you.... any updates or responses from the peopl you contacted? has your husband gone to the counsel yet?

I'm Joining the group guys.

My husband had his interview on july 2 in Juarez consulate, mexico. He says the interview process and medical went smoothly and that he had a nice consul interview him. He double checked with consul before he left interview and this was the exchange:

Consul: Sign here.....COngratulations, now go to DHL payment line and give them this receipt

Hubby: So that's it? can I be with my wife with this paper?

Consul: (smile) yes you are approved. Wait for DHL package from one to 8 days from now.

So my husband waited until July 6 and still no package in DHL :( we had no more money to keep paying the Juarez hotel, so I called the Consulate to see what the delay was. COnsulate operator asked for my NVC case number and told me that my husband was placed on Administrative Processing per july 6. I asked why? he said because they are still doing name checks and blah blah and that it could take anywhere from a day to 6 months. So on july 9th my husband picked up the dhl package which contained a blue slip letting him know his was placed on AR and to wait for them to contact us. The passport was not returned to us.

My husband will travel today to mexico city without a passport they told us at airport he didnt need one for domestic flights.

:crying: so here I am , as are all of you waiting. My next step is to gather numbers/ e-mails and adresses of people I may need to contact in the coming days. I will keep updating any changes to my case as they happen and pour all my good thoughts for us to finally become approved and join our significant others

Question: For those of you placed in AR after the interview did they keep your passport too or did you get it back?

Hey.... im sad to welcome you to this group.... but welcome anywayz. AP can become a very long prcess so you just have to hang in there. As far as people to contact, good luck.... keep us updated....

I loveeeeeeeeee this picture becasue thats exactly how i feel. lol. Im just growing old with this stupid AP thing. I called DOS hoping bc i hadnt called in 2 days something new might be up and she took my case i asked her wat the staus of the visa was and shes like ok hold on. im like sure..... she took like 10 minutes to come back so i was definitely thinking good news. she comes back and shes like wat was ur question again. i was like ummm.... well the status of my husbands visa. shes like yea its processing. i wanted to tell her no ###### lady wat else. but im like well any updates... shes like no. than when i asked her so where is it washignton or consular shes like well if i were u i would only want to know if he got the visa. i was like whoa. im like well since obviously that isnt the case i just want to know where it stands. but the point of everything is yea its still in AP. the only good thing she told me is that well as far as i can seee tehres nothing wrong. im like well i guess thank God to that.

So.... what about you.... any updates or responses from the peopl you contacted? has your husband gone to the counsel yet?

Yah, my hubby tryed to send the fax but the number would not work... can you give me the number of the fax you used

Ugh

when i called the DOS, she "its here in Washionton" i asked is it name checks and shes like "Yah something like that, but not exactly."

IDK whats going on!

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

No, what gets me is when you first call them, and you give them your case number... and then it takes like 20 mins for them to find your case.. and then they ask you again what the case number is... I am always like... woot woot if they cant find us in the computer maybe they are done processing it... but they always manage to find us.... damn..

So the trends that I have seen is... there are certain weeks that you could get off of AP and recieve your visa <atleast for India>

4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks.... then 6 months, 8 months then uuugh 12/13 months

So my next exciting dates will be the week of the July 19-23.. then Aug 16-20... if I get to the 6 month mark yall can just hang it up I think I would of already turned sooo crazy you wouldnt be able to make sense of my post here anywys:whistle:

AMits astrologer says that he will be here the last week in July to the first week in August... I actually think this is what is keeping my Husband sane... but rest assure that if this doesnt happen that he will join the crazy train with me!!!!

Yah once the lady could not find my case number after 20min then asked for it again searched for another 20min and said it not in there dateabase. to call nvc. SO then i call DOS again. and the other lady finds it. :blink:

02-20-11

02-27-11

I got a mumbly lady today, could not understand half of what she was saying but I gathered that it was still pending.

Almost 60 days for us now..

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thuy went to the consulate this morning... "they are still processing your case, go home and wait until we send you notification"

its only been 4 months of AP.... why should we expect them to have it completed already.. they have only processed over 4,000 cases that came to the consulate after I submitted the docs they requested 4 months ago and completed those cases...:whistle:

They told me our case is pending and will be reviewed in the order recieved to be fair to all applicants.. hmmmm 'fair'? In my book there is something very unfair about setting our case aside while they process thousands of other cases that came after us... geez its only been 165 days since our interview....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

They kept my Husbands passport at the interview, and they had also told him Congrats you will recieve ur visa in 1 week, I was there and I asked the CO if we could pick it up directly and she said yes..

I havent had any responses yet, except the auto response from sending the emails. My Hubby got stuck on a job this week, so he is going first thing Monday morning, I will report back to yall about it on Tuesday :thumbs:

Thuy went to the consulate this morning... "they are still processing your case, go home and wait until we send you notification"

its only been 4 months of AP.... why should we expect them to have it completed already.. they have only processed over 4,000 cases that came to the consulate after I submitted the docs they requested 4 months ago and completed those cases...:whistle:

They told me our case is pending and will be reviewed in the order recieved to be fair to all applicants.. hmmmm 'fair'? In my book there is something very unfair about setting our case aside while they process thousands of other cases that came after us... geez its only been 165 days since our interview....

This just blows my mind, all this time I never thought that they would have to process all the other SOB's<no ofense if you are one of the SOB's> before me, this would be the reason why it would take so damn long... I guess I was truely having a blonde moment

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.