2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Went to a local psychic this evening <for the first time in my life> And she told me that My husband will be here in 4 - 6 weeks but maybe sooner :D The astrologer my husband went to said he will be here the end of this month or the first week in August... :dance::dance:

BTW: the psychic started out by trying to read my palm... and was talking and talking and then asked me if it was correct... I looked her dead in her eyes and said No... then she said... well my english isnt that good what I meant to say was... and then she changed her story to accommodate what I wanted to hear :rofl: After that she decided that she wasnt going to read my palm that I could just ask her a question and she would tell me an answer... he he he

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline
toonemb.png

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline
Immigration.jpg

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Well, i really do wish we could be outta AP in 4 weeks.... I would be ecstatic....tomorrow is my hubby's birhday and it truly sux that we cant be together again because of AP. This has been such a terrible experience. Like I hope for everyone on VJ that no one has to hit the year mark because truthfully it stinks.. Does anyone think that filing a writ of mandamus will do anything.... :bonk:

Oh MQ, also im looking for where I put that fax number sorry hun.... I promise I'll let u know k....

Edited by ForeverWaiting2

Well, i really do wish we could be outta AP in 4 weeks.... I would be ecstatic....tomorrow is my hubby's birhday and it truly sux that we cant be together again because of AP. This has been such a terrible experience. Like I hope for everyone on VJ that no one has to hit the year mark because truthfully it stinks.. Does anyone think that filing a writ of mandamus will do anything.... :bonk:

Oh MQ, also im looking for where I put that fax number sorry hun.... I promise I'll let u know k....

Ok thank you :)

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Timeline

A writ of mandamus to my understanding would NOT be for us right now... it is for someone that has spent an excessive amount of time waiting... i am sure we have heard all the operators tell us... well it could be 2 weeks it could be 6 months or even a year.... What I havent heard them say is that it will take 2 -5 years ... ya know... so I would think after the one year mark that we could think about filing one... it is basically you sueing the government.. it sounds glorious and most of what I have read has been the lawyer sending the embassy a letter of action with 30 days to respond.. and most of the time <except in this 1 indian case I was reading> they get the visa sent out pretty quickly.

i am feeling kinda numb today... :unsure:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

A writ of mandamus to my understanding would NOT be for us right now... it is for someone that has spent an excessive amount of time waiting... i am sure we have heard all the operators tell us... well it could be 2 weeks it could be 6 months or even a year.... What I havent heard them say is that it will take 2 -5 years ... ya know... so I would think after the one year mark that we could think about filing one... it is basically you sueing the government.. it sounds glorious and most of what I have read has been the lawyer sending the embassy a letter of action with 30 days to respond.. and most of the time <except in this 1 indian case I was reading> they get the visa sent out pretty quickly.

i am feeling kinda numb today... :unsure:

Awww im sorry. It is hard at first then after a while you just become use to the fact that you are at thier mercy. It has been 7 months of ap so far with us. We filed july 28th of 2009. The waiting stinks. I was lucky i got to live with Alen til dec. But he had to return to Iraq and i cant go there. I miss him so much. But have been trying to spend my time getting a new business up and running. That in its self will make you crazy. So i just added to my stress level. What was i thinking. Lol.... I know we cant really go together and file suit against DOS but it stinks that we have no rights or they dont have to let us know what is going on. I think they should have some sort of deadline to finish AP. And if it cant be completed in that time they should have to let you know why or give you some sort of idea when it ill be finished. It is wrong to make people wait years to be with there loved ones.

bridget

I know you guys say its too soon to file for a writ of mandamus But if i email the embassy telling them they told me it would only be 2 weeks and it been almost 4 months and im getting no info on whats going on so im going to file for a writ of mandamus (even thow im not) is that a threat? maybe they will speed it up.

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I know you guys say its too soon to file for a writ of mandamus But if i email the embassy telling them they told me it would only be 2 weeks and it been almost 4 months and im getting no info on whats going on so im going to file for a writ of mandamus (even thow im not) is that a threat? maybe they will speed it up.

To file the writ you must have exhausted every option first.. including a demand letter to the official that is being accused of not following proceedure.. I did this and they ignored it... emailing will get you little or nothing since usually they are answered by local clerks used to save the CO's for actual work... dont be surprised to get a copy paste response to the threat..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

To file the writ you must have exhausted every option first.. including a demand letter to the official that is being accused of not following proceedure.. I did this and they ignored it... emailing will get you little or nothing since usually they are answered by local clerks used to save the CO's for actual work... dont be surprised to get a copy paste response to the threat..

Lol they most likely would. but i could fax them, after my husband faxes them. Cuz i have called dos, emailed, faxed. i dont see much more i can do. At least if i fax them telling them about the Writ they will know i mean bussniess.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Never make a threat you don't intend to follow through with.

I will follow though with it if they dont respond to me. I dont want to "make a threat" i just want them to know i know what my otions are and im not just sitting down, so they know i care about my husbands case. If it sounds like a threat i wont send it. :unsure:

02-20-11

02-27-11

i ment Options. lol

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone I'm new to this, my Wife had her interview in Islamabad on May 7th. She recieved a light green paper at the end of the interview stating temporarily refused for adminstrative processing. Also states that it can take 2-3 months but no maximin time. They kept her passport and gave her token to pick her visa...can someone please give their insights and kindly give me some info since I have been calling DOS and they keep saying under adminstrative processing...I'm a US Citizen. We got married last year, June 10th 2009.

What's critical is...the paper she(my wife) got on her interview, that says temporarily refused for admistrative processing...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

To those who are new to this forum...welcome (although I wish you guys weren't here). AP/AR is a heart wrenching process for all of us who are in AP. Basically, the gov does additional checks (backgrount, etc.) while we wait to hear from them. You can't really do anything to get out of AP until they have cleared your name.

So, welcome. The first few weeks are really tough....but for me so far it has been one emotional roller coaster and I am sure for mos others as well. All APers here are good support and people who truly understand what your going through.

Welcome and wishing all speedy AP.

Where is treehuger? I haven't seen her here lately. Hope she is well!!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.